Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found Alex carvill in Smyths toys today along with 2 unopened cases on the top shelf,going back tomorrow to unleash them
    They also had 2 x arturo planes tent packs.

Asda had US clipstrip cards of Alex,race official Tom,and a ripslinger tent pack .

Comment

• Went to Smyths toys today and got these

They had 2 unopened boxes of cars on the top shelf there,they were both full of 2012 cars 2 porto corsa cards and was the case which contained don crumlin,mel dorado,Lewis,etc.
      Also got to open 3 different planes cases looking for rochelle and ishani,but sadly no joy,they had a few chug cases there.
      On about to leave the store the manager pulled me to one side and said that there were more cars in the stockroom,and the cars I had are in the pic provided

Comment

• in southampton yesterday on the way to eastleigh for football and found the most cars i've seen in a disney store - nothing out of the ordinary though

Comment

• Nothing new found for ages now

Comment

• couple more home bargains finds,
            more light and sounds, finn, francseco, axelrod and rod
            picked up a nice 1.32 ish scale pull back raoul, reckon I could covert this to run on the scalextric track - nice car and nice size
            they only had schu and probably more were there at the beginning

nigel , how do you think hb gets all this stuff?
            afterall anything they get on the cars front seems to fly out

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
              couple more home bargains finds,
              more light and sounds, finn, francseco, axelrod and rod
              picked up a nice 1.32 ish scale pull back raoul, reckon I could covert this to run on the scalextric track - nice car and nice size
              they only had schu and probably more were there at the beginning

nigel , how do you think hb gets all this stuff?
              afterall anything they get on the cars front seems to fly out

I don't know too much about Home Bargains and other similar outlets, but I guess that there could be a number of reasons?

1). They have a defined market, being cheaper than elsewhere on a lot of end of line ranges.

2). They have aggressive buyers / negotiators.

3). No one else wants the ranges they sell. What stores are willing to stock up on Cars 2 Lights & Sounds and sell them at £8.99 or more?

4). Mattel UK sources lots of overstocks and rejects from all over the world, often at knock down prices. TRU and Smyths have taken Cars 2 Deluxe, Doubles and some singles. ASDA and Wilkinson have too.

Comment

Working...
              X