Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by madbob View Post
      Shops around here have a really bad selection, argos, debenhams, tesco, sainsburys, tru, tkmaxx, asda, wilkinson, morrison and disney store all visited at the weekend. Even Hot Wheels selections have been bad in most stores over the last 3 weeks. So it looks like cars will be £6 in store from now that's $9.50 a car, hate to think what Europe will be!
      I was going to have a scout round over the next couple of days but I guess I won't bother now. Think i'll concentrate on completing series 9 of Lego Minifigures.

Comment

Originally posted by daul_p View Post
        I was going to have a scout round over the next couple of days but I guess I won't bother now. Think i'll concentrate on completing series 9 of Lego Minifigures.
        if you need the policeman i have a spare

Comment

Did not go to Maidenhead, Braknell, Reading and High Wycombe only Slough, Uxbridge & Hayes.

Comment

Originally posted by yuffie View Post
            if you need the policeman i have a spare
            Got him thanks Yuffie. Got three judges and two hollywood starlets too. I was getting quite good a feeling the contents of the packets (i'm sure there is a euphemism there) but have dropped the ball a little with series 9.

Comment

Originally posted by madbob View Post
              Did not go to Maidenhead, Braknell, Reading and High Wycombe only Slough, Uxbridge & Hayes.
              When you go to Maidenhead, could you pop in Mattel Towers, sorry HQ and ask them (nicely) what's happening with Cartney Brakin', Fabrizio, Mary Esgocar, Alexander Hugo and Sir Harley Gassup?

Maybe they'll give you the keys to their warehouse full of goodies old and new?

Comment

Got him thanks Yuffie. Got three judges and two hollywood starlets too. I was getting quite good a feeling the contents of the packets (i'm sure there is a euphemism there) but have dropped the ball a little with series 9.
                ha ha - after getting different figures with the first 10 i then got four policemen in a row

gave up buying the packets with the hollywood starlet (!) and roller girl missing but am waiting on them via ebay now

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                  I renamed the thread Great Britain and Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)... please continue to post your finds in this thread until one of the moderators opens Part 2 in the future.

Many thanks!

It is a shame that Cars are as expensive as they are.
                  Good call Chris!

As you have noticed, not a lot happens in the UK, compared to the US and mainland Europe. Quite why that is, is a mystery as the UK is by far the biggest toy market in Europe (hence the need for a dedicated UK Mattel HQ).

That said, there is some good news. I had an afternoon off today. I visited a few Tesco, Sainsburys and a couple of other stores. I even phoned Mattel! Tesco hava had loads of new stuff in and miraculously, the old stock (not peg warmers as we don't use pegs in the UK supermarkets) have largely disappeared making way for new stock! In addition to the silver racers (which are sellling very well indeed) there was a ton of other new stuff - a bit pricey if you ask me.

The really good news is that the standard singles are on their way. Mattel are shipping them out this week. They could be in stores as early as this weekend, but certainly over the course of next week. There are two different cases, which would appear to be consistent with mainland Europe. They are 997P and 997Q. They equate to US cases B and C. That means that there are four cars from case A that need to be released later, Suki, J. Curby Gremlin, Vladimir Trunkov and Hank 'Halloween' Murphy. The other nine cars in US case A have repeats in later US cases. I suspect that case contents will vary from the US ones as we go along.

I did ask Mattel some other questions and made a few suggestions. I'm waiting for a reply. If there is anything (good) to report, I'll certainly do so (with Mattel's permission that is)!

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                    quick scoot round yesterday on way to picking up rellys, found miq and petro in tk,s, if anyone wants to trade, pm me or else i,ll take them back

nn, good fa cup at weekend, what did you see?
                    we went to the final of the iron bru league cup on sat night, crusaders/cliftonville, believe it was on sky, as for the score enough said about that, we wos thumped 4 nil
                    Plenty of FA Cup shocks! There haven't been many in recent years. It's the magic of the Cup! Long may it continue!

Because of the thaw and heavy rain, I wasn't sure where I'd end up on Saturday (apart from Car hunting). In the end I went to a match in the Combined Counties League, Bedfont Sports v. Epsom & Ewell. The ground is right next to Heathrow Airport under the final flightpath to the Southeast to Northwest runway! Planes landing every 30 seconds! Almost close enough to touch (or kick a football at)!! Good game, nice burger too! Cars hunting = big fat zero!

Comment

the only thing I on my travels that I foundwas Ru5ty, remember him, the reason for posting is that I know he will read this, quit lurking and get back on board, youre letting the side down!

Comment

found nothin in toys r us or tkmax but on the plus side i did find a thumpback skylander giant

Comment

I was a little disappointed that my local TK Maxx had just got an early Mater/Zen and Francesco/McQueen on the Porto Corsa card. Mater/Zen had been appearing in the London area.

However a Ka-Ciao McQueen/Francesco appeared today. OK that may not be that exciting, but at least it's on the Tokyo card, proving that anything can appear. It was only £4.99 GBP too! It was the first time I'd seen one in the wild.

I'm off tomorrow afternoon, Fulham v. WHU in the evening, so I'll have a little sniff around London!

Comment

Hi I am from UK and went into my local Tesco and found a kabuto a geargrinder, bindo,Erik laneley and a nick cartone I nearly fainted!! So keep looking in the UK cause usually that tescos Is rubbish. I also I got a piston Hudson hornet lighting mcqueen is he a limited edition as I haven't seen him before.

Comment

Hi Zacs mum, im from Scotland and agree that theres not usually much worth talking about in Tesco so thats a great find, If you need any help with any cars il do my best to help, where in the Uk are you from?

Comment

I live in the south west but I am from Scotland like yourself. i used to live in Glasgow.

Comment

Working...
                                X