Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great finds zacs mum. I wish my Tesco would stock those...

HHPC LMQ was not a special edition. There used to be plenty of him around, but not so much any more...

Comment

now that is a find!!!!!
      Originally posted by zacs mum View Post
      Hi I am from UK and went into my local Tesco and found a kabuto a geargrinder, bindo,Erik laneley and a nick cartone I nearly fainted!! So keep looking in the UK cause usually that tescos Is rubbish. I also I got a piston Hudson hornet lighting mcqueen is he a limited edition as I haven't seen him before.

Comment

did sainsburys and big tescos
        sainsburys had stunt racers, sal and mack, very nice too, but not 13 quid nice, also had little micro drifters in a little poly bag (a la lego), these were 1.99, however by pressing the wrapper you could make out what was inside
        tescos, had the stunt racers and a few of their play sets, nice but left them, had the silver range at 6 quid, ordinary 1.55 at a fiver, also saw em on a clip strip at 4.47, no geargrinder yet
        called into home bargains, finally got the mcq launcher, one with the smile, interesting little car cos when you compare the dimensions to the other mcqs there are quite a few subtle differences, eg height of body work above the front wheel arch

Comment

came across a case g in sainsburys for the first time this morning which looked like it had only just been put out - the display box was overflowing and GGG and kabuto were still in there

they also had the stunt racer mack and sal but as boogity says at £13 way overpriced

Comment

The Stunt Racers Mack and Sal are $12 each at stores in the US, and as they are all plastic, overpriced in my opinion... if they go to $7 or $8 I might buy Sal... I'm not going to start another line that Mattel isn't going to finish.

None of the Stunt Racers or Hydro Cars have sold at the local Meijer store since they put them out over a month ago... none of the Micro Drifters launchers have sold either.

Congratulations on finding GGG and Kabuto, yuffie!

Thanks for the update on the McQueen Launcher, boogity... perhaps you can send me a side by side comparison photo?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

My tescos seem to have a lot of new stock but my sainsburys are pretty rubbish they do have a pope but don't want to pay 9 pound for it! Best buy I had was a few months ago was a acer and security Finn for a 1 pound in homebargins the cashier could not be bothered to go and get a code for it so just put it through for a pound got to love lazy cashiers.

Comment

I was in a shop in Irvine today called XS stock. They had loads of Paul Valdez and Gill haulers, £8.99 each - Iv not seen them before except on ebay so if anyone needs one let me know and il see what i can do. They also had the biggest display of action agents iv seen although i dont collect that line. The tesco next door had the sal and mack stunt launchers and the silver range, nothing other than finns and francescos and the mater and zen master pitty double pack in the Sainsburys and nothing at all in the home bargains though. My search for the GGG continues......

Comment

I got my Paul valdez from smythes toy shop but got a gill on ebay not seen one in a shop before. When I found my ggg there was only 1 but keep looking I thought I would never find one! What kind of shop is xs stock never heard of that shop before!

Comment

It is pretty much as its name suggests, a large store which i think bulk buys excess stock from other retailers at low cost and sells it on. It is quite reasonable and sells everything from fancy dress costumes, toys, homeware, car stuff, DIY, Toiletries and cleaning products - there is a website if you want to take a look www.xs-stock.co.uk

Comment

In trurth i never went in expecting to find any cars, i was on the look out for some nice picture frames and just sort of stumbled upon them.
                      I just checked out the website and it says the Paul Valdez hauler is on sale at 17.99 - would not have dreamt of paying that 8.99 was more than enough. On the subject of the haulers when i have seen them on ebay i always think they look huge, almost the size of a mack transporter but in reality they are are not very big at all, the same with the sal and mack stunt transporters. Im not disappointed or anything but it took me by surprise when i seen them in the flesh today.
                      Last edited by Junior; 01-30-2013, 07:39 PM. Reason: adding on info and didnt want to choke up the page!

Comment

Originally posted by Junior View Post
                        Been on the website and Paul Valdez is £17.99!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                          Been on the website and Paul Valdez is £17.99!!!
                          Yea i seen that, id want a gold plated one for that!, defo only 7.99 in the store though.

Comment

The person who put the item on their website must be paid a lot of money!!!

Comment

with a £10 argos vouchers thanks to O2 i came across my first 2013 carded car there today (on it's own on top of loads of 2012 cars)

so took the plunge thinking that it could be the start of collecting all the 2013 silver racers on cards then moving on to the rest of the range

when i took it to the till it didn't have a code so the guy went off to get it - what i didn't notice when he came back was where he wrote it

i've not opened it yet but maybe this is telling me to stay away from trying to collect mint carded cars!

Comment

I reckon Smyths have shipped out paul and gil, cos all of the smyths i,ve been in had tons of them and now they have strangely vanished!

Originally posted by Junior View Post
                                I was in a shop in Irvine today called XS stock. They had loads of Paul Valdez and Gill haulers, £8.99 each - Iv not seen them before except on ebay so if anyone needs one let me know and il see what i can do. They also had the biggest display of action agents iv seen although i dont collect that line. The tesco next door had the sal and mack stunt launchers and the silver range, nothing other than finns and francescos and the mater and zen master pitty double pack in the Sainsburys and nothing at all in the home bargains though. My search for the GGG continues......

Comment

Working...
                                X