Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Cars Sidekick @ Walmart..dont get too excited now!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cars Sidekick @ Walmart..dont get too excited now!

While looking through a pallet at walmart early this morning i see the words cars and sidekick and I get super excited!! Until I realized it was called the Cars "Stuntster" Sidekick!! You guessed it, filled with stunt racers!! Now why on earth would they have this thing when the 6 pegs they have filled with stunt racers havent moved off of the shelves since they put them up? Sad!!

Dadgum Mattel... trying to sell Cars in new product lines as opposed to concentrating on the main things we want, diecast Cars.

I haven't bought a single Stunt Racer and I don't intend to... I haven't bought a single Hydro Car and I don't intend to.

Thanks for the heads up, Scavenger!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

mattel you suck
      the diecaast sell the plastic crap does not

Comment

I took my wife's car for an oil change today, and decided to check out Walmart... pegs were full of case B and C singles, but no Rip... I saw a couple of Matchbox sidecaps but nothing exciting in the way of Hot Wheels or Cars... no new 2 packs... no new Deluxe... Sigh...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          Dadgum Mattel... trying to sell Cars in new product lines as opposed to concentrating on the main things we want, diecast Cars.

I haven't bought a single Stunt Racer and I don't intend to... I haven't bought a single Hydro Car and I don't intend to.

Thanks for the heads up, Scavenger!
          for some reason i don't like the stunt racers but kids seem to love it.
          my boy play his stunt racer more than any other diecast he has.
          i end up bought my boy another Mater at 15 USD per stunt racer.

Comment

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
            for some reason i don't like the stunt racers but kids seem to love it.
            my boy play his stunt racer more than any other diecast he has.
            i end up bought my boy another Mater at 15 USD per stunt racer.
            if i was a kid i would want them because they look fun to play with
            we don't want them because we just want to look at them
            and plastic is not as appealing as painted diecast that looks as good as the movie sometimes

Comment

I wonder what happened to this sidekick? While I'm glad my WM never got it in, Scavenger seems to be the only person that reported finding it.

Comment

i've seen it in all 3 of my walmarts
                i did not see the need to report it though

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                  i've seen it in all 3 of my walmarts
                  i did not see the need to report it though
                  LOL yeah all of my local walmarts have them, and i would say they are all still 75% full of stunt racers...Compared to the diecast sidekick that cannot make it more than a couple days to be cleaned out! When will they learn?

Comment

I never saw the diecast sidekick that was found at several stores... I've seen a Stunt Cars and/or Hydro Cars end cap at a couple stores... I saw 1 Rip Clutchgoneski at all the Walmart stores I have checked (on multiple occasions)... and I saw 1 Rip at one Target one time.

And to answer the question, when will Mattel and stores learn? Until they actively solicit input from collectors, the answer is... they won't... it's been like that for the over 6 years I've been collecting.

Comment

I have around 15 Walmarts in the Raleigh/Durham area, and I never saw the sidekick OR the endcap in a single store. Heck...I only saw the Christmas dump bins in a couple of the stores.

Comment

Working...
                      X