I met LMQ & Mater for lunch today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I met LMQ & Mater for lunch today!

I visited Smyths toy store during my lunch break today - as I heard there were two special visitors in town! They were full size rolling replicas & looked great!

I was also was given a 2013 collectors poster too!
    Attached Files

Awesome news and photos, VANDANCE... thank you for sharing them with us.

If any of you get a chance to see a life size McQueen or Mater, I encourage you to do so... On April 1, 2011, I went to the Cincinnati (Ohio) area to see the Agents on a Mission tour and got to see life size replicas of McQueen, Mater, and Finn... and there was a Mack as well... Kids enjoyed it - this big kid did too... I'll add photos from my trip in the not-too-distant future.

Again, many thanks, VANDANCE!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

so did i!

mater01.jpgmater02.jpgmater03.jpgmater04.jpgmater05.jpg

Comment

mater07.jpgmater08.jpgmater09.jpgmater10.jpgmater11.jpg

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

as the picture with me and charlie shows he fell asleep shortly after refusing to have his picture taken with either mater or LM!

when i got there they were giving away goody bags with a 25% off voucher on cars merchandise in smyths, a 2013 poster and a mater/sal machiani twin pack! (some also had a smyths cap - mine didn't)

in smyths they had put some cars stuff on a table near the door but as far as diecasts went it was only silver racers plus a few funny car maters and sumo ref - nothing more on the pegs in store although they did appear to have a case R on top of the racks (along with about two dozen silver racer cases)

Comment

yuffie, that pic of you and yer wee lad is a right laugh, was cmy not there or did she take the pic, on purpose

shame they couldnt have had some decent stuff for you to buy, but I guess these things can be difficult to organise

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                yuffie, that pic of you and yer wee lad is a right laugh, was cmy not there or did she take the pic, on purpose

shame they couldnt have had some decent stuff for you to buy, but I guess these things can be difficult to organise
                the cmy is away up north (well, nottingham) with work so the picture was taken by one of the people looking after the cars

i wasn't surprised at not finding anything decent - hopefully the day will clear a lot of their silver racers to make room for some new stock

Comment

Thought I would add my pics to the party, We met them on Easter Monday in Cardiff, Little one was gobsmacked. Didnt want to leave bless him

Comment

those are great pictures
                    looks like you all had a good time with the boys

Comment

Awesome pics from all of you's. Its always great to meet the guys in person, I'll never forget my encounter with the mighty duo. Sorry Vandance for leaching your thread but here's my encounter.

DSC_0005.jpgDSC_0010.jpgDSC_0008.jpgDSC_0303.jpgDSC_0304.jpg
                      Last edited by Ru5ty; 04-03-2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

WOW..they look awesome!! Great pics everyone!!

Comment

Great pictures, VANDANCE, yuffie, Bombom77, and Ru5ty! I'm glad you had the opportunity to see them and shared the photos with us.

I had hoped to take my grandchildren with me to see the event in the Cincinnati area but it was a school day and I couldn't take them out of school... I may have been the only one there without a child... but I had fun... Here are photos from the event I attended.

Mater:

Finn:

McQueen:

Mack:

Yes - wrong color cab and no eyes...

Here I am - the event was 4 weeks before Rippers founds PixarCarsDiecast.com:

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                            Great pictures, VANDANCE, yuffie, Bombom77, and Ru5ty! I'm glad you had the opportunity to see them and shared the photos with us.

I had hoped to take my grandchildren with me to see the event in the Cincinnati area but it was a school day and I couldn't take them out of school... I may have been the only one there without a child... but I had fun... Here are photos from the event I attended.

Mater:

Finn:

McQueen:

Mack:

Yes - wrong color cab and no eyes...

Here I am - the event was 4 weeks before Rippers founds PixarCarsDiecast.com:
                            now that is one finn mcmissle i would like to have lol
                            great pics Chris

Comment

Working...
                            X