No Kmart 10 Cars Collector event in June 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Kmart 10 Cars Collector event in June 2013

This morning I learned from one of my friends, Barbara (arbara on ctt) that there would be no June Kmart Cars Collector event... I waited for her to post before announcing it here... you can see arbara's original post at:

http://carsthetoys.yuku.com/topic/20...or-Event-New-D

No single day Cars event, but they are going to try month long sales - they'll need to get new stock in order to have products we want to buy... I saw 10 Deluxe Submarine Finn McMissile at $6 each today.

New Kmart Deluxe exclusive Cars will be appearing in June - Met posted on TakeFiveADay that it was going to be just Ivan (in a case of 12) and that they weren't going to have Muggsy Liftsome and Epilogue John Lassetire:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2013/04/...s-disappeared/

Kmart does plan to run a Cars Collector Event in October.

I've been to every Kmart Cars Collector Event... I've written articles:
    History of the Kmart Cars Collector Event:
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...thread.php?172

History of the Kmart Cars2 Collector Event:
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...llector-Events

Attendance has dwindled - for 5 of the last 6 events I've been the only one at the store I go to first... case assortments left a little to be desired... Most stores have only gotten 1 master carton (4 cases) at the last 3 events... I've gone to stores 2 to 3 hours after the event where I found all 96 Cars on tables, untouched... the silver racers have not been as popular as the new Cars during the last few events... as others have mentioned, many stores have not even put up the store poster, and the ads in the Kmart newspaper insert have been quite small and hard to find.

A business has to give its customers what they want... if you don't, the customers go elsewhere... and Kmart has closed many stores in the last 3 years... the 2nd store on my Kmart Cars event route just closed a couple months ago.

I was looking forward to the June event... I'll probably go into a store during the month to check it out... but here's a photo from the Kmart store I went to today:

How committed can Kmart be to Cars when this is the entire area for Cars?

We'll let you know more as we find out more.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Kind of sad. I've taken my kids to every Kmart day since #4. During #8 and #9, the Cars sold pretty good. I guess that was because the stores ordered less stock. Oh well, maybe we will get some good stuff in October. Might a "Planes" Collector's event...

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I was really looking forward to going this year in June. But the quantity of the Kmart #9 cars was very low...

Comment

this is terrible news
        my one kmart has not had any new diecast this entire year and now no june event
        there probably will not be any new cars during the "sale" month either

Comment

Thats bad luck indeed, So does that mean there will be no RIP in the silver series?

Comment

Hmmmm... Maybe Muggsy and Epilogue John will still appear?
            I remember cac1959 reported Muggsy do have a production stamp.
            Would be ironic that its produce and being kept in the stockyard till Timbuktu

besides the 3 known deluxe, I am rooting for Andy Gearsdale and Sgt Highgear!!!
            Wait, how about Taco and Taia?

Comment

Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
              Thats bad luck indeed, So does that mean there will be no RIP in the silver series?
              Hey buddy, here is the picture for you.
              Attached Files

Comment

lovemini is right! There will be a silver Rip.

Might not be from Kmart though.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I believe Ru5ty question is when?
                  Yeah, maybe Kmart 10 by October?

Comment

I don't want to wait that long for a silver Rip Clutchgoneski... I also want a Rip Clutchgoneski with rubber tires... but you all knew that already.

I'm glad to see that there is a silver Rip Clutchgoneski...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Hey Lovemini just you rub it in lol....
                      So looking at G's pic, they have been made. Normal RIP, Kmart RIP? & Toys r us RIP. I'd be happy enough just getting the normal RIP, then if the buyers and mattel get there fingers out! We could collect them all. fingers crossed its not another year tho.

Comment

Hey Lovemini just you rub it in lol....
                        So looking at G's pic, they have been made. Normal RIP, Kmart RIP? & Toys r us RIP. I'd be happy enough just getting the normal RIP, then if the buyers and mattel get there fingers out! We could collect them all. fingers crossed its not another year tho.
                        Hi buddy, I have an extra loose normal Rip, if you do not mind it is a loose one, send me a mail, I will send that little one to your home.

Comment

Not surprised the Kmart June event was canceled - I was at the last one in October and I was very surprised to find only myself and one other guy there. Really shows a lack of interest and it doesn't make sense to have a promotion if no one shows up. Although I did think the case was nice with Mary Esgocar the main score and a cutie of a car. Many Kmarts by me are closing up as Sears Holdings is eliminating the underperforming stores. Having sales on cars might be okay if they keep doing that .99 cent thing - but the product must be new and not a pegwarmer clearance sale.

Comment

Working...
                          X