Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Cars items do you regret purchasing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Cars items do you regret purchasing?

Yesterday Enzo started a thread along the lines "I wish I had bought that"

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...-bought-Thread

At the other end, have you bought any Cars items that you wish you hadn't? I thought we had a similar thread but I couldn't find...

I can start with a few...

Target exclusive Charge-Ups Race Track and racers - I paid $50 plus tax for my first track set and have all the racers that have been released (at $12.99 plus tax each) and an extra charger... the theory is nice... the performance is not... My opened set is used primarily for staging photos... And you notice I said my first track set... I bought a second one on clearance for $17.98... why did I buy a second if I didn't like the first? The Francesco Charge-Ups racer is exclusive to the track set... and Francesco quit working after a head on collision with McQueen.

I also bought prototypes of Finn, Jeff, and Holley singles 4 months before Cars2 singles were released.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Am I the only one who has regretted making Cars purchases?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
      Am I the only one who has regretted making Cars purchases?
      I have yet to regret any cars purchases. I maybe got too many extras Disney Store cars, but having too many never really bothers me, maybe the wife though! XD

Comment

Never saw this thread. I regret getting the Color Changers. The gimmick stopped working after a few months. Now they have just been Hot Tub toys for the last 3 years.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Early on when I started, I bought a few cars on ebay before finding these forums. I picked up several cars that looked like good prices, only to find out that they were also offered in bigger packs that I also purchased and now have multiples. The kids like playing with them though, so not too big of a deal.

Comment

Well I have only bought cars singles since 2011 and regret nothing. I love these little guys. Cleary loves them, when we watch the movies he says I have that one or I need that one. I bought a four pack with Shu and 3 others cause i couldnt find a Shu single anywhere but got one for christmas later.

Comment

Bought a DS 2-pack of DJ and Wingo, kind of expecting they'd release the other 2 Tunerz in a later wave. Well its been months now and no sign. Yeah thanks Disney Store.

Comment

That first Lightning McQueen and Doc Hudson - it's what started it all off!!! The cause of so much cash spent...!!!

Saying that - the way my son smiles when he see's new cars - priceless...!!!

I'm quite keen on not paying (much) more than retail for cars so don't really have any regrets...

Comment

I started collecting less then a year ago.
                  If I only knew then what I know now, finding these forums.
                  I bought a couple of Cars for way too much money.
                  I don't regret buying them, but do regret paying too much for them.
                  Cars Addict

Comment

Early on when We started collecting Cars 2, I was waiting for the Racers to come out as singles. I had no idea about the way the diecasts are managed so I thought that buying the Launchers was the only way I'd ever see those cars, so I bought all the Launchers (at $20 a piece!) to have the racers and threw the launcher part away =( I now have so many duplicates of them its ridiculous. Finding these forums helped me realise my mistakes of the past & I also learnt that Australia does not get ALL the releases the US has.

My second regretful purchase was the TRU pack with Petrov Trunkov. Again, oblivious to everything, I bought the pack for the one exclusive car I did not have thinking it would never be a single (I paid $39 for that pack too!!! Cringe!!!). If I had a $1 for every time I have seen Petrov on the pegs I'd be a rich woman!!! I fell for the "Exclusive" snipe so bad you could say!

Finding these forums was the best thing ever. No more silly mistakes & unnecessary purchasing for me. I'm glad Im not the only one who has made bad purchases though.

Comment

Most of my ebay purchases before finding forums. Only a couple did I get good deals on.
                      I still feel like a newbie collector just with more knowledge now.

Comment

Oh thats an easy one.... Every single lenticular ever produced (regardless if they might be set to be more valuable than the regulars) I didn't buy them all, only the ones I needed. But me, my son and everyone else hated them.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                          Never saw this thread. I regret getting the Color Changers. The gimmick stopped working after a few months. Now they have just been Hot Tub toys for the last 3 years.
                          Its absolutely amazing how valuable those things are now!

Comment

MICRO DRIFTERS. They are cute and a nice concept but after buying pretty much the whole line except for the recent ones I realize they don't work and are way overpriced. Who wants them, I don't even like having them here anymore

Comment

I think UK Tru's still have colour changers.

Comment

Working...
                              X