PCD custom racer update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCD custom racer update

Here's the May 15, 2013 update on the PCD custom racer...

The concept art is close to being ready... as soon as it is, we'll post photos here... we're waiting on the final design of the decals... once that happens, work on a prototype will finish (it's been stripped and painted - needs decals and clear coat).

I find it interesting to see how the design has evolved from the original graphics to what it is now...hopefully you will too... as far as I know less than 10 people have seen the design... We'll post more details (and photos) as soon as possible... while there are a lot of great new Cars coming out shortly, I can honestly say the PCD custom racer is the one I am most looking forward to adding to my collectoin.

Thank you to all of you who support pixarcarsdiecast.com - we do appreciate it.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great to hear that it is coming along.
    Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Comment

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but any teaser as to what the base/donor car is?

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but any teaser as to what the base/donor car is?

I'll try to post a couple of photos in the next couple of days... we're using a unibody Max Schnell as the base/donor Car.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Can't wait to add one of these to the collection also!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
            I'll try to post a couple of photos in the next couple of days... we're using a unibody Max Schnell as the base/donor Car.
            Thanks. Makes sense I guess given Pixar/Mattel did the same thing for Flash, Memo, and Vitaly.

Comment

yes let us see the graphics as soon as you can

Comment

I can't wait to see the prototype...

Comment

We selected the Max Schnell body style for a few reasons... one, PCD was founded right before Cars2 came out... we have members from all over the world... and most other customs have been based on Lightning McQueen...

I think GotFrank will upload photos of a prototype (painted body only) shortly.

Chris

Comment

i appreciate that, Max Schnell is a racer from germany

Comment

Painted body:

Comment

Nice glittery pearlescent blue Josh! Not overly sold on the purple wing mirrors tho LOL. Looking sweet though, wish I could custom half as decent as you!

Comment

great color
                          looking good so far

Comment

Mirrors splitter & spoiler will all get repainted. I just roughly stuck him back together for the pics.
                            Well maybe not the spoiler... We'll see.

Comment

ahh with you now. What colour they going? same?

Out of curio, does PCD have an "official" colour scheme?

Comment

Working...
                              X