This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
    Any idea how much is the target 4 packs?
    They look like a good way to collect the Planes
    2 box sets and you get 8 different Planes
    With the Target 4 packs=2 box sets and you might get 5 or 6 different planes with 2 or 3 repeats.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

There are two target 4 packs out. On has four of the first six planes released the other has the remaining three planes and chug....... For once some target four packs that will be worth it!!! I'm really gonna be watching these closely and saving my receipts. I'm going to attempt to get the most out of these without ending up with 7 dustys or whatever just to have the exclusive car, or pitty from the TRU sets etc.

Comment

Here's some pics

Comment

I do not see the pictures Hope to see them in the wild soon ... and hopefully they will let me buy them if I want! LOL

Comment

(thought I would post this in the right place lol)

SCORE DISNEY MATTEL PLANES AT KMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night I walked into a Kmart and they had CASE A of the Planes ON THE PEGS!!! I got 2 of every plane and walked over to the scanner. They price checked at $5.99. I carried them up to the register grinning from ear to ear and doing a little happy dance in my head!! Well, all that excitement turned to frustration and disappointment when the clerk scanned the first one and said, "BEFORE SALE DATE" .... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... Kmart's system cannot figure out a McQueen from a Celine and it somehow KNOWS these cannot be SOLD YET!!! SERIOUSLY?!?!??!

I had her call for the manager. The manager said there was nothing they could do as they were not in the system. She said that on the walkie talkie from where ever she was hiding as she would not come out to speak to me about the issue. I spent about 10 minutes trying to plead my case and ended up walking out dejected and empty handed ... sigh .... I guess I will have to wait ....

Comment

Good news that the price is $5.99 for a single... that's the price that the Take Flight singles were when they first came out everywhere but TRU.

I'm sure that Kmart created a new item number for the Planes singles which is why they weren't active in their system yet... It shows they can do it though... but all singles have the same item number... all Deluxe have the same item number... all movie moments have the same item number... which is why it's risky to order online from Kmart.com and calling a store about stock may not always yield accurate information.

And since McQueen and Celine rhyme, they have to be the same item to the Kmart system, right?

At PCD we've chosen to organize our Finds sub-forums and topics a little differently than other sites... I looked into an additional domain name but ultimately decided to try to keep it simple for the time being and created a Planes sub-forum for now... we'll see how popular the movie and merchandise line turn out.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I'm taking BobbyJack and his Grandfather (my Dad) to an Orioles game in Baltimore on the 27th as a Father's day/Birthday gift. I have set aside the 28th for me and BobbyJack to go Planes hunting. Not going to look for them anymore until then. If I had a similar experience to Jeff, I'd have made a fool of myself in the store.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

image.jpglets try this again, the pics worked on my end

Comment

I see it now!! Where is that picture from? When I click it, it opens a new window but doesn't show it any bigger .... GRRRR TEASER!! LOLOL

Comment

Honestly, after seeing them in person ... I may not buy a single one! They truly seemed SMALL to me ... like REALLY small. I wish I had a Marco or Black Hawk in my pocket to have a side by side with them ... but aside from being upset about not getting them .... this morning I woke up thinking MAN how small WERE they?!?!?!

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                      I'm taking BobbyJack and his Grandfather (my Dad) to an Orioles game in Baltimore on the 27th as a Father's day/Birthday gift. I have set aside the 28th for me and BobbyJack to go Planes hunting. Not going to look for them anymore until then. If I had a similar experience to Jeff, I'd have made a fool of myself in the store.

Comment

Thats what im afraid of! I thought they looked small!

Comment

Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
                          I see it now!! Where is that picture from? When I click it, it opens a new window but doesn't show it any bigger .... GRRRR TEASER!! LOLOL
                          I pulled it off the Internet....... Are these at least the size of the take flight falcon hawk planes?....... I hope so either way he's all over them he wants them NOW!!! Lol

Comment

That picture of the 4 pack really gives it away. Look how big Chug is next to the planes ... very small! UGH, I guess I will just have to wait until Friday to sort this all out! lol

Comment

This ebay seller is selling the Target box sets
                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-2-DISNEY...item257f59afcd
                              It looks like 8 different planes in 2 different box, buying these should allow me to collect majority of them.

jestrjef, sorry to hear that..

Comment

These have been on the shelf for almost a week. I forgot to take a photo the first time I saw them.

Comment

Working...
                                X