No announcement yet.

Howdy! Can anyone help with appraisals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these card backs and sets are worth whatever you can get someone to pay you for them

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
      CarsGuy1 - the market has a tendency to change almost every few days as far as what the perceived worth of some Cars items are... If you could find someone who needs the Desert Back 16 Cars, they would be more likely to purchase them all... people who already have them (like me) don't really need another set... people who open may not need any of them except for Lizzie, which hasn't been released for quite a while.

I just finished obtaining the last 7 Final Lap series re-releases to complete the Final Lap series... I only bought the new releases when they first came out - Mater, Sheriff, and Lightning McQueen were the exceptions... I ended up paying almost $100 for the last 7... I could have saved a lot of money had I bought them when they were released... I bought Desert Back 12 and Desert Back 16 Cars a couple of years ago when I decided I wanted them carded... I bought them a few at a time because I didn't find someone selling complete sets at the time... As one of the site administrators and co-owners, my collecting is different than many others... some of our members buy for their children and open... my grandchildren got me started but have outgrown them... I basically just buy what I want and help others... some members of our site and other Cars sites buy what they feel they can make money on - we have eBay power sellers who are members of the Cars sites...

I have thought about completing the Super Charged series, but that is lower priority to me right now than other new Cars (D23 Convoy Brothers, Kmart first to market Deluxe Cars, case G singles)... too many Cars and not enough money.

I will check with a couple friends to see if they are in the market to purchase a set of Desert Back Cars - they had talked about it in the past.
      Thank you - much appreciated.

Comment

I had a friend who sold a set of 16 early last year. He got $100 for them. I thought that was not enough but he was desperate for cash and accepted what he thought was reasonable. Sadly I should of brought them but I have them already and just wanted new items at that time. If you can get a good offer then take it if it's what you think is a reasonable price. If your desperate for cash as long as you break even you haven't lost nothing. Cars are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Comment

Working...
        X