Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been Cars hunting? Show us what your stores looked like.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been Cars hunting? Show us what your stores looked like.

Starting up a new thread... Many of us enjoy the thrill of the Cars hunt, especially when we have success... years ago I could almost guarantee finding something new that I needed or a friend needed at a store... these days, that doesn't happen regularly.

Today I made a 190 mile trip through western Ohio... I stopped at 5 Kmart, 2 Walmart, 3 Target, 1 Kroger, 2 Marshalls, 1 TJ Maxx, and 1 Toys R US... I didn't take photos at every store... and up until my last stop, would have considered today not worth the gas... anyway, follow along with me on my trip.

Kmart 1:

They also had an endcap:

Anyone need 21 Francesco with rubber tires, 11 Nigel with rubber tires, or 4 McQueen with rubber tires? I didn't think so... I bought nothing... this is usually my first stop when there's a Kmart Cars Collector Event day.

I went across the road to the Walmart... I bought these:

I left Mike Lorengine and David Hobbscapp... they had leftovers of 2 F cases... and other deluxe (this was the only Kabuki Mater).

Next stop was Walmart 2... nothing worth buying... nothing worth taking a picture of.

Next stop was a Kroger store... unlike most around me, this one, 50 miles from home, has aisles of toys.

This one has several of the singles with Micro Drifter... they had singles case D remnants... and I found this Hot Wheels display:

I bought 1 set - at $1.99 each, and there were 7 of each of the 5 so nothing seemed to be in short supply... in other words, no secret treasure hunt like the 67 Mustang from the Fast and the Furious set.

Kmart 2 looked a lot like Kmart 1... no endcap... maybe 15 silver series racers in place of the rubber tire racers... Again, no Deluxe... no purchase.

Next stop was a town where a quick stop at Marshall's resulted in nothing, and Target had case F... I bought a Harumi and a Rusty Rusteze... I skipped the Walmart, Kohl's, and Meijer stores.

I continued on to the next town...

Kmart 3 looked better - 3 Materhosen, 2 Dustin, and 2 Mack... a wider variety of pegwarming singles... nothing worth buying.

No purchase at Kmart 3.

I got a little lucky at the Target store... case G remnants... no Mama Topolino, Sputter Stop, or Chase Miles...

At Marshalls I saw and left these:

A month ago I'd never seen Chase Becky in a store... today I left her (and Francesco, Petrov Trunkov, and Holley).

I skipped the Walmart stores and decided to head down 20 miles to a Kmart store that I bought a few Cars at during the Kmart 9 event last October... here's the Cars selection:

5 singles total... 3 Francesco, 1 Holley, and 1 McQueen... no deluxe.. no 2 packs... no other Cars merchandise... I couldn't have spent $20 on Cars merchandise there if I'd have bought everything... Way to run a promotion, Kmart.

I headed back to the east Dayton suburbs... lots of case F singles including Mike and David... nothing worth buying... they did have the Turbo endcap.

Toys R US had the biggest Cars display... I bought 2 RSC singles (Marilyn and Nick)... they had loads of 2011/2012 pegwarmers... several cases worth of the 2013 lane mate cards... I should have taken photos but didn't... this TRU opened not quite 3 months ago, up 5 stores from where they used to be... bigger, but not necessarily better.

TJ Maxx had 2 Nigel and 1 Francesco single... not really worth stopping at, as it turned out...

And at my last store of the trip, stopped at a 5th Kmart... not a lot of Cars but... good news...

The first time I've seen Francesco Fan Mater and Elvis on 2013 cardback on the pegs...

I stopped for gas on the way home:

50 cents a gallon cheaper than gas is at home, 50 miles away.

All together I bought 7 Cars that I'd never bought in stores before today during my 190 mile trip... I'm now up to 8 mail in Ivan.

Thanks for coming along on my Cars shopping trip today.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Pretty cool Chris..... Kmart three looks like my kmart, so much so that I'd have thought you were hear in pa if I didn't know better!

Comment

This is how my Walmart looked like on June 6. However since then they restocked with two Case F's and a Rip Hydro Wheel. All the other Pegs look exactly the same. And I don't think that Hydrofoil Finn will ever get sold.

Comment

anyone looking at these from the uk is gonna be sick as a parrot looking at all this stuff

Comment

I can't believe you left a chase becky. I refuse to pay ebay prices for her so my futile search is still ongoing but in the UK she is as rare as rocking horse dung.

Comment

daul_p I have extras if you need one..wrong side of the pond but just letting you know. Packaging is a little roughed up but cars are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
              anyone looking at these from the uk is gonna be sick as a parrot looking at all this stuff
              Yup, same with anyone from Australia. I don't think they realise how lucky they are over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                Yup, same with anyone from Australia. I don't think they realise how lucky they are over there.
                Agree...
                If not because of some friends i would have rage quit for a long long time....
                Is really depressing when my store looks like this....

20130624195044.jpg20130624195107.jpg
                IMG-20130623-WA0000.jpgIMG-20130623-WA0001.jpg

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if everything was released everywhere with CONSISTENCY!?!?!?!?! A Man can dream, right??

Comment

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
                    Agree...
                    Is really depressing when my store looks like this....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2456[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2457[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2458[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2459[/ATTACH]
                    I see that. And raise you THIS...

Yep, over a hundred bog standard LMQs on tatty 2011 cards all priced at equivalent of 9 bucks each.

Comment

forgot to comment about the gas price
                      on holiday the other week we paid in euro
                      1.73 in netherlands
                      1.53 in germany (ave)
                      and the daddy of em all 1.85 at schipol topping up the car, luckily it was a fiat 500!

Comment

wintermelon, is that a christmas mater and doc I see on the bottom left of the pic, if it is , never ever seen that before?

Comment

I spotted that too boogity...wouldnt mind them for the old collection!

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
                            wintermelon, is that a christmas mater and doc I see on the bottom left of the pic, if it is , never ever seen that before?

That might be from the wooden Cars range. I have seen them in similar looking packages.

Comment

Didnt take pics today as I had the wee man in tow but I can describe and im sure you lot will have no problem with the visualisation!

Asda.....Nothing except a smattering of LMQ/Francesco 2 packs and a few silver racers (This is a store with a Disney section too! Crap!)

First Tesco....Remnants of a 2013 case that included Mater and LMQ and a few Porta Corsa Carded Finns/LMQ/Bernoulli's

2nd Tesco - Had some 2013 cards but the usual suspects. I did pick up Nick Cartone and they did have a full case of Case Y. I asked as Cust. Services about the 2013 cards, was told the next delivery date for those was July 12th!

3rd Tesco - 2 Clips strips of Porta Corsa stuff, inc, Suki, GGG, Bindo, Fillmore but naff all else.

Last stop was Sainsburys. Picked up Cactus McQ (If only to stop the wee one nagging for a new car lol) asked about next delivery and was total contrast to last time. Guy could NOT have been more UNhelpful, if he had tried. Told me that he had just put them out, they were in a case but he put them on a clip strip. Asked about next delivery and without checking said, never know. I said last time i asked, was told they were in transit, he said, yeah, could turn up anytime, I replied with, was told they would be in following day and they were. Told me i was lucky!

Said he doesn't think they will have any more in now (talking crap imo) and asked about planes and he said unless they were on a short promotion, the next toy "refit" was September so if they haven't got them now or made room for them now, they wont have them.

Didnt even waste my gas to go to Smyths and TRU, Dadgum!

Comment

Working...
                              X