Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RARE and Hard to Find Cars

RARE and Hard to Find Cars

Current as of 1/14/16. I have limited the list to include the Diecast 1:55 scale, some larger rarities like the D23 Mcqueen, and some Playset. Items are grouped into categories below (i.e. very rare, medium-rare, etc). The number next to the item does not matter - therefore #7 on the list is NOT necessarily more rare than #21. I value your input but please understand that there are differences of opinion at times and some may not agree with everything on the list.

Very Rare
    1) Speedway of the South Set (only 1000 made)
    2) 2006 Factory Sealed Set (only 500 made)
    3) Snot Rod w/confetti (approx less than 100 made)
    4) Tokyo Mater w/oil stains
    5) 3 Showstoppers (Laverne, Rhonda, Sheila)
    6) Bubba
    7) Bessie (had a re-release in 2015 but the original cardback is still rare)
    8) D23 chrome McQueen (only 250 made)
    9) Vertical 3 pack Sparemint
    10) Supercharged Flea and Flik US Card (English only)
    11) Supercharged Rusty and Dusty US Card (English only)
    12) Super Chase Australia (Frosty)
    13) Super Chase Mexico (Memo Rojas)
    14) Super Chase Russia (Vitaly)
    15) UK Disney Store "Country Flag" McQueen (only 500 made)
    16) El Materdor
    17) Taia Decotura
    18) Taco Truck Mater
    19) Rollin Bowlin Mater - Character Pack [with teal Mater/Rollin' Bowlin' Mater, Sheriff, Sally, purple Ramone, Doc Hudson, Wingo]
    20) Rip Clutchgoneski launcher
    21) PopeMobile International Card
    22) French promo Gask-its
    23) Motorama (authentic with goodie bag given out at Pixar picnic)
    24) JL Surf Truck (given out by John Lassetire to Pixar Crew on Cars 2 Movie)
    25) D23 Convoy Brothers Set (only ~1300 produced)
    26) D23 Albert Hinckley

Medium Rare
    1) All 3 Luigi / Guido with paint rollers cards (US, International, and Canadian/Singapore)
    2) Dirt Track Doc Hudson vertical 3 pack
    3) Horizontal 3 pack Sparemint
    4) 3 Cousins (Jud, Buford, Cletus)
    5) Mia/Tia 1:18 - 5000
    6) Race Damaged Mood Springs
    7) Sally w/Cone on short ROR card
    8) Snow Day Sally storytellers
    9) Meet at Flo's set
    10) Flo's V8 Cafe (first printing - original set)
    11) Horizontal 3 pack Nitroade Crew - US version
    12) Lightning Storm McQueen from SDCC
    13) Suds Mater from SDCC
    14) Van with Sticker on rear Nice Butte
    15) Supercharged Rusty and Dusty (Greek Card)
    16) Supercharged Flea and Flik US Card (Greek Card)
    17) Brian Parks
    18) Derek Decal Dobbs
    19 Swift alternator
    20) Prince Wheeliam
    21) Blu-Ray Finn McMissile (must have Top Secret bag and box from D23 expo as the car itself was re-released)
    22) Blu-Ray Mcqueen with brown envelope original packaging
    23) John Lassetire
    24) Fred Fisbowski
    25) Black Mack Hauler
    26) Chuy
    27) Tyler Gremlin/Professor Z Walmart Exclusive 2 pack
    28) Bumper Save Hauler (Target exclusive)
    29) Character Pack [with Sarge, Fillmore, original Lightning McQueen, King, Chick, Lizzie] [classic]
    30) Cruise Night [with Mater, Sheriff, Doc Hudson, Sally, purple Ramone, red Cruisin' McQueen] [Supercharged]
    31) Speedway 6 [with Dinoco McQueen, Chick, King, Ferrari F430, Nitroade, RPM #64] [Supercharged]
    32) Dinoco 400 - 8 piece set
    33) Radiator Springs Gift Pack - 5 piece set [Supercharged]
    34) 10 Car Value Pack
    35) Metallic Frosty (released in Australia only)
    36) Super Chase Trike Feldman
    37) Super Chase Luigi/Guido Fans
    38) Super Chase Yukio
    39) Super Chase Hiroaki
    40) Super Chase Takeshi
    41) Super Chase Sweden (Flash)
    42) Super Chase China (Long Ge)
    43) Super Chase Carateka
    44) All other SuperChase cars released (about 5 per year)

Exclusives- (these are cars released only in a set at retailers but never as a single. None of these have been re-released to date so rarity is there once the set disappears from stores. I removed a bunch from this list on 3/17/15 since many items that were once a set exclusive have now been re-released as singles.)
    1) Murphy
    2) Charlie Cargo
    3) Frank Pinkerton
    4) Santa Car in 3-pack Mater Saves Christmas set
    5) Tim Rimmer (non lenty)
    6) Professor Z Web (aka Noodle Z)

Items With Only ONE Ever Made (these are cars not included in the rarity lists above since one was only ever made of each and you will never own it and it's really no different than just having a custom car done.
    1) McQueen 'The ONE'
    2) Vinyl McQueen Hauler (only one prototype ever made that was boxed - was sold on ebay in Feb 2015)
    3) Walmart Hauler (another prototype of only one ever made - font of writing was rejected by Walmart - sold on ebay Mar 2015)
    Last edited by PopeMobile; 01-14-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Rumour chuck choke and a few exclusive might get a re-release in 2014...
    Just rumour

It's nice that this thread is back Pope! I looked at the list again and can't think of anything else to put on it.. The only thing that came to my mind was Mini, an exclusive to Kmart Day 2. I would say she's right on the border of medium rare to not-so-rare-as-medium-rare.

The one thing I do remember about this thread is all the lengthy discussions people had about their opinions on certain rare Cars. Keep it civil, but we'd love to hear what everyone's opinions are on the matter!

Administrator and PCD Super Guesser cac1959's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree - we need to keep things civil.

What may be rare to one person may not be rare to someone else... I know many people did not see the Final Lap K case Cars (Hooman, Coriander Widetrack, Swift Alternator, and Derek Decal Dobbs), but I must have seen and purchased 30 sets and left others... I don't have any full sets left any more and am not sure if I have any singles.

Also keep in mind that the items on the list are opinions of Popemobile and other members of the Cars community - they may not necessarily reflect the views of the site administrators and moderators.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Quote Originally Posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
    It's nice that this thread is back Pope! I looked at the list again and can't think of anything else to put on it.. The only thing that came to my mind was Mini, an exclusive to Kmart Day 2. I would say she's right on the border of medium rare to not-so-rare-as-medium-rare.

The one thing I do remember about this thread is all the lengthy discussions people had about their opinions on certain rare Cars. Keep it civil, but we'd love to hear what everyone's opinions are on the matter!
    I used to have a 3rd bucket - called Mildly Rare and Mini was on that one. I deleted the list as it was the more controversial of the 3 as the gray line of what constituted mildly rare was widely different amongst members. But Mini has always been in demand and not released since the ROR cardback so I will add her to the medium list. Thank you for your suggestion.

Cars Addict
    Can you guys tell me more about the D23 Chrome Mcqueen? I don't think I have ever heard of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermelon View Post
    Rumour chuck choke and a few exclusive might get a re-release in 2014...
    Just rumour
    Funny you mention that, saw him yesterday on eBay as a backdoor, without the camera...

What is Snot Rod with Confetti?
    RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Administrator and PCD Super Guesser cac1959's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Snot Rod with confetti is a very limited packaging of Snot Rod with "confetti" on the blister; the first 2 Impound Chase Cars, McQueen and Boost, were released with "confetti" on the blister... by the time they released Snot Rod (and then Wingo and DJ), the blisters no longer had confetti.

Here's a photo showing the Impound Tunerz from the article published at:
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...a-Tune%28rz%29

None of the Cars have confetti on the blister.

Here's a photo showing Impound Boost with (left) and without (right) confetti:

And as far as the D23 Chrome Lightning McQueen, it was sold during the 2011 D23 convention... It was a 1:18 scale Car that retailed for $99.99... limited to 250 pieces, it soon became a popular item and went up in value quickly... You can read about it and see photos at the following link:

http://www.pixarpost.com/2012/08/d23...lightning.html

Popemobile - it would take some time and effort, but I am willing to take and post photos of items on your list that I have and I will then ask for photos of items I don't have... I have unlimited bandwidth on my Photobucket account so I can store the photos in my account... let me know if you're interested... with photos to help identify items on the list, it might be helpful to members.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Quote Originally Posted by RBCars77 View Post
    What is Snot Rod with Confetti?
    Here's a picture of one -->http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Cars-...f4#ht_39wt_919

See the confetti inside the blister? Snot Rod with that confetti was only manufactured on one day back in 2008 and then it was cut off so the number of these are extremely limited. An authentic has a date code stamp of 2678 on the back. Very hard to find and very expensive.