Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dgc View Post
    Here pictures, regards
    that appears to be an international card release so they probably didn't put the name on it so it could be sold anywhere outside the US

Comment

But seems rare, rigth?

Comment

I would say there were more US desert back Cars produced. But I'm sure there were many international Cars made in the first run. The back of the card is a giveaway. Has "King" in five languages. As to how many are still carded 10 years later... Anyone's guess.

I'd say a fair market value on the Convoy Brothers right now is $350 -$400. It is a lot of money for four RVs!

Comment

Hi Folks, I'm new here...I'm surprised that the Dinoco Helicopter on the Supercharged Series Card isn't listed...I was reading on another site and it was listed as one of the top 10 in rarity? Also Mattel doesn't send chase cars to Canada anymore....grrrrrrr!

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
            that appears to be an international card release so they probably didn't put the name on it so it could be sold anywhere outside the US
            IMG_3434.jpgIMG_3435.jpgIMG_3437.jpg

My Interntional carded King has his name in 3 languages on the front of the card, so I'm guessing without his name would be rare?

Comment

I think the different international packaging. Might be a Thailand Vs. China production variance. But I'm not an expert there... I had Desert Back Fever for a shot period. But once I assembled a mixed 12 & 16 set. I was over it. I've seen more Desert Back without the tag than with the multi-language tag. But that purely an anecdotal observance.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                I think the different international packaging. Might be a Thailand Vs. China production variance. But I'm not an expert there... I had Desert Back Fever for a shot period. But once I assembled a mixed 12 & 16 set. I was over it. I've seen more Desert Back without the tag than with the multi-language tag. But that purely an anecdotal observance.
                I'm by no means an expert either GotFrank, you could be right, just though I'd share a pic of mine with the name on the front....I must dig out my others to check them out, I'm curious now...lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggerstan View Post
                  Hi Folks, I'm new here...I'm surprised that the Dinoco Helicopter on the Supercharged Series Card isn't listed...I was reading on another site and it was listed as one of the top 10 in rarity? Also Mattel doesn't send chase cars to Canada anymore....grrrrrrr!
                  I don't remember him being overly rare in the Supercharged series, as I have the cardback of him at home. What website was that?

Comment

Hi guys are there any cars from cars 3 that are rare and hard to find?

thanks

Comment

Updated 6/5/19

Comment

Over $150:

Storytellers: Show Stoppers 3-pack and the Mater & Bubba set (right around $150 fair market).
                        Disney Park Exclusives: Radiator Springs Begins and the Wedding Day set.

Are the only ones coming to mind.

Edit: Possibly the Black Friday Mack Transporter w/ Bumper $ave.
                        Last edited by GotFrank; 06-09-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the updates to the list, PopeMobile and GotFrank... I don't have everything on the list and I'm OK with that now... I might not have been a few years ago...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

So what's new folks with the Rare and Valuable cars in your collection? Some that were once worth big money (ie Chuck Choke Cables, Bessie, Frank) all had multiple re-releases and pricing took a dive. You can still find collectors looking for the older card backs on these but overall the value on these is much less with the re-releases. Stick with the items that won't be re-released - ie 2006 Factory Sealed Set, or Speedway of the South set. Also interesting, I read an article the other day saying that the one thing your kids want you to do before you die is get rid of your collections since none of them want to deal with your stuff when you pass - whether that be a Hummel collection, Beanie-Babies collection etc. I can see the point. My kids aren't gonna wanna deal with my collection some day when I'm gone either. I'm going to par down my collection at some point over the next year or 2 as well and only keep the most rare and valuable items. My kids are not going to want to deal with my original desert series carded collection of every numerical item there was. And thinking about it even more I would have to type up documentation to leave in the collection for them to even understand what it is since they will look in there and see like 10 Fillmores and wonder why dad had so many of the same car.

Comment

Working...
                            X