Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof of the Red JL Surf Truck on eBay being a fake!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof of the Red JL Surf Truck on eBay being a fake!

Buyer and bidders beware! The current listings on eBay for the ever elusive red JL Surf Truck are overpriced customs. Take a look at the pics below:

Real deal, but missing the surf board. Courtesy of Take5 and Toy Fountain
    Note the size of the rear window:

MyDog's listing:

Second listing:

It's a sad day when these customs trucks fetch over $500USD!

Very interesting... the one in your bottom photo has a rectangular window while the one in the top photofeatures a window that is wider at the bottom than at the top... could it be a variant?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Some simple advice for everyone -- unless John Lasseter himself hands one to you, it's probably a fake!

Comment

There was a board member here who bought an authentic JL Surf Truck for $2500 I believe about 3 months ago. It was 100% legit, in the original box, and directly from someone who worked on the movie. I tried to buy it from him but he wanted to keep it. Still trying to get one but that is the only one I've ever seen for sale.

Comment

the temptation to buy a 1:55 scale car for $ 500 is near zero (i just speak for myself), but the lucky winner must go crazy that he has spent $ 500 plus for a custom car. What a awful deal, but the greed beats the brain 1:0.

Comment

Originally posted by keonisdad View Post
            the temptation to buy a 1:55 scale car for $ 500 is near zero (i just speak for myself), but the lucky winner must go crazy that he has spent $ 500 plus for a custom car. What a awful deal, but the greed beats the brain 1:0.
            The most I have paid is $15 including shipping. That is about the max I can get myself to spend on a toy car. If I was actually collecting them to keep in the package and display, I would be willing to pay more, but not for opening and playing with as I do.

Comment

What I find weird is why someone would pay 500 for a car from a backdoor seller in china. I can totally see someone spending big bucks for one in the original box that JL himself gave to the employees, but for a backdoor ???
              Last edited by cac1959; 07-12-2013, 10:48 PM. Reason: Adminstrator found part of comment offensive

Comment

I am stopping this thread... while it started off as informative, the last comment attacked a seller with a 99.5% eBay positive feedback rating.

I have edited the comment as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                X