RTC: Other Pixar Movie Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTC: Other Pixar Movie Cars

Kids of all ages, including parents and grandparents, like Pixar movies... While my favorite is Cars (no surprise there, eh?), it's not the only one I like... I like the Toy Story series and Monsters Inc... I'm looking forward to seeing Monsters University although I'll probably wait for the Blu Ray gift pack to be released.

One thing I really enjoyed about Cars was the special appearance of other Pixar Movie characters as Cars during the credits... Buzz and Woody from Toy Story... Mike and Sully from Monsters Inc... P.T. Flea and Flik from A Bug's Life - a Pixar movie that I don't appear to own.

In this installment of Respect the Classics, we'll take a look at these Cars that appeared in the credits of Cars.

Buzz and Woody
    Buzz and Woody were the 2 main characters in the Toy Story series... the first Toy Story movie was released in 1995... Tim Allen voiced Buzz Lightyear and Tom Hanks voiced Woody.

Here's the back of the Buzz and Woody card:

Buzz:

Woody:

Buzz and Woody:

I'm fairly certain that I originally only bought 1 Buzz and Woody Movie Moments and opened it... I'm fairly certain that I received these from one of my UK friends; note the sticker on the back of the cardback.

PT Flea and Flik
    PT Flea and Flik were 2 of the characters from the 1998 release A Bug's Life... John Ratzenberger was the voice of P.T. Flea - John has been a voice in just about every Pixar movie... Dave Foley was the voice of Flik... Having not seen the movie, I can't comment about it... but I do like the Cars.

P. T. Flea and Flik were released as a Movie Moments in the World of Cars series:

Here's the cardback:

P.T. Flea and Flik also appeared as a Movie Moments in the Supercharged series - that particular Movie Moment case was not released on a widespread basis... I don't have it in my collection.

Here are more photos of P.T. Flea and Flik:

And like many of you, I'd like to see Mattel release the Circus Cars.

Mike and Sulley

Mike and Sulley were released as a Movie Moments in both the Supercharged series and the World of Cars series... Billy Crystal was the voice of Mike, and John Goodman was the voice of Sulley... John Ratzenberger was the voice of Yeti, the abominable snowman... Monster's Inc was released in 2001; the prequel, Monster's University, was released in 2013... I am surprised the Mattel didn't re-release the Mike and Sulley Movie Moment to coincide with the release of Monster's University... Note the price tag - this 2 pack came from a friend in the UK.

Here's a photo showing Sulley:

I was unable to find Mike while taking photos tonight; I have a loose one somewhere... Here's one courtesy of Fillmore1234:

(Photo used by permission of Fillmore1234... thank you, Fillmore1234!)

Here are photos of the Supercharged Mike and Sulley:

Here's the back of the card:

Here are photos of Chase Yeti with Snow Cones - a lenticular Car from the Night Skyline series:

Yeti was released as a regular Car without snow cones in both the Supercharged and Race O Rama series... I think I have one of each carded somewhere... Here's a photo of Yeti courtesy of Fillmore1234:

In Conclusion

In my opinion, these Cars based on characters from the Pixar movies Toy Story, A Bug's Life, and Monster's Inc are classics... I wish I'd have bought more of them when they were first released, but I didn't... and I'm grateful for friends that have helped me add these to my collection after their initial release.

I did not include photos yet, but Todd, the Pizza Planet Truck, appeared in Toy Story and makes an appearance in most if not all Pixar movies... and I think everyone would agree that Todd is a classic.

Here's a photo of Todd, courtesy of Fillmore1234:

If anyone can share a photo of Mike opened, please post it as a reply to this article - thank you, Fillmore1234!

If you don't have these Cars in your collection and want them, hopefully you can find a good deal on them... I'd like to see them re-released.

As always, I appreciate your comments... thanks for reading.

Chris
    Last edited by cac1959; 07-28-2013, 12:01 AM. Reason: Added photos

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

FYI -- the Pizza Planet truck did NOT make an appearance in "The Incredibles".

Comment

great article Chris
      I love all these crossover cars
      I had a hard time not buying every one of these I found

Comment

Here's opened photos of Mike, Todd, Yeti, and Hamm (who you forgot to mention)

I have carded versions of Todd and Hamm that I can dig up, but not at the moment. And I still need to figure out a better background for my photos.

Mike Wazowski

Todd the Pizza Planet Truck

Yeti the Abominable Snowplow

Hamm

Comment

I've been on the hunt for Flik and PT Flea for quite a while. Was never able to find him in the wild and got outbid when trying to buy them a few months ago on ebay. Haven't tried again since.
          Also completely forgot about Yeti with Snow Cones! Guess that makes another one to add to the list of Cars I need.

Once again, loved the article Chris! These Cars would make a great sub series for the 2014 line if they decide to repeat with what they did this year.

Comment

nice pics, didnt collect any of these by choice, the only one i,ve actually got was hamm, which I got in malta in january,

Comment

I didn't start collecting until after most of these were already released. The one I did find at retail was the Chase Yeti w/ snow cones. I traded a whole bunch of those and eventually acquired all the Pixar Cars. Todd is probably one of my all time favorite cars. Another great article, Chris!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Great timing Chris! Tonight I received a package from overseas with Mike & Sulley in it

As usual, great article & thanks Fillmore1234 for the additional photos!

Comment

Great read, Chris! Todd has to be in the top 5 best Disney Cars ever.

Comment

Thank you for the comments... many thanks for the photos, Fillmore1234...

Last night I woke up after falling asleep watching TV in the living room and decided I was going to do a quick article... no idea on the Cars... then I saw my opened Buzz and Woody and decided I would do them... and then I remembered the other 2 packs... and then some of the singles, but not all of them... I'll add photos of Yeti on both Supercharged and ROR cardback... I should have Hamm on both Supercharged and WOC cardback... I have Todd on ROR cardback and Chase Yeti with Snow Cones as well.

I like these crossover Cars... and if I had to pick my top 5 Cars ever, Todd would definitely be in my list.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Great article cac1959.

How did you forget about Hamm (I remembered as I read the article, before Fillmore1234's comment)

I do remember Gil being in Toy Story too - I'm sure there was a discussion on here about it

Comment

Great article Chris, I remember just a couple of months back trying to get these for my son's 3rd birthday...managed to get Todd, Buzz, Woody, Hamm, Sully, Mike and Yeti...
                        didn't even think about PT Flea and Flik, are those a little harder to get?
                        My son hasn't seen that movie, but we just got back from Carsland and he loved the Bugs life section they got right next to it...

Comment

I found a Supercharged Mike/Sulley Movie Moments today while working on my Cars inventory... I added photos... I also added photos of Mike, Todd, and Yeti that Fillmore1234 posted for me to use... I know I've got carded singles of Yeti, Todd, and Hamm somewhere... just need to find them.

And to answer your question, KK&PP_Cars, P.T. Flea and Flik was more difficult to find; the Supercharged version was very hard to find - I don't have it an probably won't ever have it.

Comment

Working...
                          X