Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My husband has officially lost his mind (A.K.A. My "son's" collection)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband has officially lost his mind (A.K.A. My "son's" collection)

We started off collecting for my son. Really, we did. Here's the collection:

Mack in the back is from Japan. My husband had gone there on a trip and found it at the Disney Store. To purchase it here would have been twice the price.

These are Tomica brand Cars from Japan. We don't have the whole collection yet, but he's planning on getting the rest in March when we go as a family.

Then he realized that collecting is fun. We were planning on purchasing diecasts from June to September and giving it to him for his birthday (He's two, by the way). My husband has officially entered the WTF mode and doesn't want to hand it over now. We shall have a talk later. Then, tonight, he decided to hit five different stores after our son went to bed. Here is the results from June until now.

I thought I had all the planes. I had just one case. Needless to say, we will continue looking.

(p.s.: Only ones that we paid more than store prices for. I think I paid $5 & $7)

Whew. That took awhile. He plans on us going to the east side of the island (I'm on Oahu) tomorrow. Wish us luck.
    Attached Files

Very nice - you've gotten a lot of Cars in a short period of time.

It looks like you may need to start buying multiples - one to keep carded, and another for your son to open to play with.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

That is a nice collection in a very short time It can be an addiction. I also started a couple of months ago, already have a lot of cars bought since then.

Comment

I'm creeping up on 4 years of collecting these. I started right before my son turned 2. He will be 6 after Christmas and his interests are shifting more towards Transformers and Star Wars. Maybe Planes will draw him back in a little.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Haha, that sounds so familiar to me. It is just a question of time and your husband needs to get them all. Welcome to the club of cars addicted fools, a wonderful community, lol. I have about 600 plus different cars (in comparison to some other guys a pretty decent collection), so your husband has some more miles to go. It is both, pleasure and pain (for the wallet).

Comment

you have a nice start to your collection

Comment

New additions as of 8/7/2013

Mater Hawk, LMQ Hawk, Autonaut Mater and The King are doubles. Mater Hawk was sacrificed to appease the two year old god.

Comment

Missing Rod "Torque" Redline, Finn McMissile (back up for the destructive god), Petrov Trunkov and Sarge (previous Sarge had his wheel bit off his butt)

Comment

where did you find the royal palace guard?? I've haven't even seen him in his cardback package.. only seen the queen on amazon, ebay, etc
                  "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Hi, excellent collection you have going. I too am a husband who has lost his mind.

I am interested in Tomica Sarge since the scale is a little smaller and the scale of the Mattel Sarge is too large in comparison to the rest of the Mattel vehicles. Would you mind taking a comparison shot of Tomica Sarge and Mattel Sarge? Or quite possibly a Tomica Sarge next to a Mattel Fillmore?

Comment

@carsdiecast08: Those two are DS, not Mattel. They are a quite a bit bigger. I can list which ones are DS. We started when we had two DS packs that we were going to gift to someone for Christmas, but forgot.
                      @nicholas.alipaz: Sure. I can take a picture when I get home. I have DS Sarge, Mattel Sarge and Tomica Sarge. Filmore is DS, though. he's on my list to replace with Mattel. Is there another guy that I have who's similar in size to Filmore?

In the first three pictures, DS's are: Luigi, Guido, Sarge, Filmore, Double Decker Bus, the Mater and LMQ who are next to each other, Holley, Finn, Guard and Queen. that's all I have. Japan DS store is Mack and he came with ten racers (not including Rip). They are the smaller versions. I'm not sure off the top of my head if they are Tomica or DS brand since you can find the Tomica's everywhere. I will check when I get home.

Comment

@nicholas.alipaz: Saw your post. So Mater is a little bit taller than Fillmore? I will also take a picture of Tomica Sarge next to a Mater if you want. Let me know.

Comment

That will work great, thanks so much!

Comment

@nicholas.alipaz:

L-R: DS Sarge, Mattel Sarge and Tomica Sarge

L-R: Tomica Sarge and Mattel Sarge. I'm trying to make the tires the same height so you can better tell the size.

Tomica Sarge next to Mattel Mater for comparision.

Comment

For some reason, the camera kept focusing on their eyes, not the rest of them, so they're kinda out of focus. Camera's kinda new, so I don't know how to use it yet! Sorry for the wait- I have to wait until the little one's sleeping before taking pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X