Spotlight On.............Junior

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight On.............Junior

Next up is the "wee lad" from "bonny Scotland".......Junior...

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I live in Ayr, Scotland

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    Im not really sure to be honest, My wee boy Ben (4) had a few of the cars from the first film and he used to watch it every day, then cars 2 came along and a wave of new stock appeared and it kind of gathered pace from there. We didn't set out at the beginning to have a collection but it just kind of grew into one.

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    Ben loved playing with them and had a few of the playsets and he used to watch it every day, so if we seen a new one in the shop we would buy it.

5. How many cars (roughly) do you currently have?

We have around 260 cars (although I include in that the large storage helicopters and Tony Trihull.)

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    We won a Frosty in the Christmas competition here on PCD, although its tough to pick only one car, he gets the nod!

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    Well Ben changes his mind a lot, he loves the bad guys, but I think RIP is his favourite because he knows how tough they are to find and there is a special magic about him - even though he only appears for a few seconds in the movie - if anyone has a spare...................lol

8. What has been your best ever find?
    On a local selling site on facebook a lady was selling off her sons collection, we got about 40 cars for £20, this was especially good as they were all from the first film and included some of the toughest ones to get including all 4 tunerz and Lizzie.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    One thing which makes me different from a lot of collectors I think is that I cant drive, Iv never really been bothered by it all to be honest although now im a Dad im starting to realise it might actually make life easier.

10. What is your dream car?
    I think if I had to pick one id have to go with the Pagoni Zonda, I seen it on top gear once and it was pretty awesome looking.

11. What do you do for a day job?
    Im a support worker and look after a gentleman who has both physical and learning disabilities, it is a really rewarding job although it does make the above post about my dream car totally impossible lol

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    Im a sports lover and can watch almost any sport, I love going to the football (soccer) and im a big Glasgow Rangers fan. I also play bowls at a fairly high level and managed to win the Scottish Pairs championship a couple of years back which is definitely my sporting highlight in life.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    Definitely my wee boy Ben. Makes everything in life worth it.

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    A comedy show called Still Game - probably unheard of outside of Scotland but it is hilarious, please guys go onto youtube or whatever you use - you wont be disappointed. Il go with Lord of the rings as my favourite movie although the usual suspects and goodfellas were close also rans

15. If you won "Who wants to be a millionaire", what would you do with the money?
    Well id catch up with the cars collection (and help a few others out), buy a house, learn to drive, set up Ben for the future and travel the world. Anything that's left im sure the wife would take care of! lol!

Please post any questions or comments below...

Nice to know a little more about you Junior. I really admire what you do for a living...

And.....get behind me in the queue for a Rip!!! My son has been bugging me for ages about getting him. Every time he's good for a period and gets a new car as a reward, he always looks in the box for him (but he's not there...)

Comment

still game, that prog is pure class, I love it, got series 4 on dvd, get it the odd time here

theres a bloke down the street who doesnt drive, he says he just cant be a...., his indoors does the driving and he gets picked up for work and if he wants a beer he gets a taxi

cripes, you must be a good bowler

on a good day we can see across to the big hill out side troon, thats not a million miles away!

(every day I can see up to that edjut ru5tys)

Comment

Cool to learn more about you, Junior. Hopefully I will find a few more Rips soon and we can do another trade!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

i only began to learn to drive in february this year

when i was 17 we didn't have a family car then i never needed to drive for work, football, social life, etc - i did start lessons one summer when home from uni but started too late so never picked them up again after returning to hull

it was only with the boy about to start school in september (and with some unsubtle prompting from the mother in law) that i finally started taking lessons

i've got my test next month and do actually enjoy driving - at the moment i'm not taking formal lessons as my instructor had to give up for personal reasons (not my driving, i think!), just driving our car as often as possible

Comment

Nice to hear about others from across the way! Good luck collecting.
            May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Great to learn more about you Junior! We need to talk bowling!! One of my all time favorites ... if it is the same kind! Big box coming your way soon sir.

Comment

Always great to read about fellow collectors...nice to know more about you Junior...

Comment

Nice to learn more about you, Junior... another bowler? Congratulations on winning the Scottish Pairs - that's a heck of an accomplishment.

I can't imagine not driving... although one day I may need to stop - hopefully I'll recognize that day when it happens... if the kids/grandchildren were having trouble getting to sleep, we'd put them in a car seat and go for a drive... they could only fight it for so long... and then they'd fall asleep... which meant we could.

A Popemobile will be coming your way... just need to figure out how to minimize shipping expense...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Nice to know more about you junior.. people with cars become lazy, I am one of them xD It got out of hand, so now I only use the bicycle..which is going great. No need for a car at this moment.
                    Your diecast cars are on their way

Comment

Great read. I'm still waiting on series 17 of Top Gear over here. I only get to catch it on Netflix (streaming online video). Kudos on your job!!! As the parent of an autistic child. I often wonder what his adult life will be like. And it'll be people like you (I hope) that will assist him in having the best life possible. So your profession means a lot to me, thank you! LotR, it doesn't get much better!

Comment

Junior - you mentioned bowls. Do you mean lawn bowls or 10 pin bowling? I assumed the former but it appears others the latter...???

Comment

nice to find out more about you Junior
                          I can't imagine not driving
                          nothing is close enough in Texas to do by walking lol

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys, Iv been in the middle of moving house an decorating and have had no internet access so iv not been on for a while, when im next on il answer some of the points/questions you guys have raised

Comment

Good to see you back Junior! Hope all is well buddy

Comment

Working...
                              X