Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nicholas, Disney Diecast obsessed to put it lightly...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholas, Disney Diecast obsessed to put it lightly...

I have been a member (and lurking) for a while now, but have yet to introduce myself. I am Nicholas and started collecting cars when my son gained interest in the movie. I have just had a daughter about 10 days ago too, whom I hope will like them when she is older too.

Collecting:
    Right now I have been working on getting all the cars I missed in Cars 1 and have just now started working on my Cars 2 collection now that my son is becoming more interested in the second movie. I also am enjoying collecting Disney Store planes and will be seeing the movie with son shortly.

Diorama:
    I have not built any yet, but I am in the works of planning. I have a lot of resources (thanks Got Frank) and materials which I initially planned to use. After further thought I decided I want to encompass another passion to build my diorama, Lego! I am in process of building my Radiator Springs courthouse/fire-station/sheriff-garage in Lego's Digital Designer program and will then order my parts through Lego's site to construct. If all goes well I plan to continue with other buildings.

Profession:
    I am a website developer programming in PHP, MySQL, JS/jQuery, CSS2/3, HTML/XHTML/HTML5 and server configuration for LAMP. Drupal is the CMS I use mostly for website development projects. I am also working on a side project developing a better wiki for all Disney Diecast vehicles. It allows filtering vehicle releases by categories, series, character, case released in, brand and more. The project seems to be off to a good start and I hope to release quickly if all keeps going as it is. Curious about other peoples' interest in this project as well.

Great to learn more about you, Nicholas... Congratulations on your new daughter - hopefully she'll keep the collecting bug going for you once your son outgrows them.

Radiator Springs made out of Lego - awesome!

I am always interested in sharing and learning more about Cars.

From eastern Indiana... Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Welcome to PCD...

I'd love to see the lego diarama once built (or even the in progress shots)

Comment

welcome to the site

Comment

Welcome and best of health to you and family!
          May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Welcome! Wow, you've got quite the project ahead of you. Looking forward to seeing Lego Radiator Springs.

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes. Spent last night on some of the website. The Lego diorama is being constructed in Lego Digital Designer first so no physical project to show, but maybe I will show some screenshots of my progress for you guys in another thread.

Comment

welcome!
                My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

Working...
                X