D23 Expo Lightning McQueen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D23 Expo Lightning McQueen

So I hadn't paid much attention to the Lightning McQueen from the D23 expo until tonight when I decided to see how much they are going for on ebay. Geez, seriously!? What do you guys think about these prices on this, you can get a set of Convoy Brothers for close to the same price. Is this car really that rare that it deserves such pricing?

Any time there is something with that limited a production run, the price goes up in a hurry... is it worth that price? Maybe to some but not to me.

I don't buy Cars as an investment - I but them because I enjoy them... my grandchildren and I used to play with them (have almost 150 loose that we play(ed) with) and now I display them.

I bought a metallic paint Ridemakerz (Ransburg Mater) at TRU - it was $34.99 if I remember... The one at D23 was $75 at the show - limited to a 500 pieces... it was too much money for me - had I been able to get both it and the Convoy Brothers for around $100 to $125 I might have bought it... But due to my collecting preferences, I'm pretty much sticking to the 1:55 Mattel diecast product line.

If I feel something is priced too high, I don't buy it or limit my purchase quantity.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I bought one of the Ridemakerz, I don't think it's worth the $75. I opened it up and put in batteries. There is a switch on the hood that is pushed in and it rotates on a rubber band to hit the activation button and then it lights up and does a weird song.

I noticed on ebay, someone took the D23 Ridemakerz over to their store and had the chassis switched to the remote control driving one and they are asking $500 for it. Crazy, and probably not a bad idea

Comment

In May 2011, I got my first(and only) Ridemakerz car at that place in DisneyWorld. It was approx. $45 for 1 Sally... I didn't even bother with the remote control thing for an extra $25...no thanks. I liked that her trunk area opened to show her pinstripe tattoo. So, I was in a hurry and didn't really have ANY time to look around,( I had to meet the bus to take us back home to PA!) so I grabbed her and picked a set of tires basically and got it. So, that wasn't even limited and if I would have got the remote thing added with it, it would have been around the same price as this cool looking D23 McQueen. ( Even if it doesn't feature the remote control)

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

Working...
        X