Kmart Cars Collector Event #10 - Update: 10/7/13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kmart Cars Collector Event #10 - Update: 10/7/13

So now we know more of the Kmart Cars Collector Event #10 details... info is posted on the Mattel site below.

Here are details from the site:

Limit of 5 sets per household
    You must include the entire cardback as well as the original store receipt and $3.50 per set.

Y0471 is the 2013 series... V2796 is the old Porta Corsa Cars 2 product line... I think P7001 goes back to the lenticular series days... I have only seen 2013 singles at two Kmart stores.

Promo is valid from October 19, 2013 through November 16, 2013.

Here's the link if you want to check it out.

https://store.mattel.com/transition....ansitionID=241

I normally don't open more than 1 set of Kmart Cars... I'll have to open 25 singles, many of which I already have, in order to get 5 series... I'll have to check if other relatives or friends can help me with other sets... and some of the friends I am going to help - you're going to have to have loose Cars sent to you since I have to mail in the cardbacks.

Case Assortment:
    Mildred Bylane -x2
    Boost with Flames - x2
    Gold Metallic Rip Clutchgoneski -x3
    Guido and Luigi with Shaker - x1
    Mark Wheelson - x1
    Ruka - Chase Airport Waitress - x1
    Silver Series Lightning McQueen - x5 - appears to be the original Cars 1 Lightning McQueen (with Rusteze on the spoiler)

The rest of the case looks like Krate Rainson-Wash, Sheriff, Sarge, Miguel Camino (x2), Francesco Bernoulli (x2), Sputter Stop, and the King, although I've seen a photo showing Chick Hicks and not the King.

And now I'm mixed about ordering the case... case purchase won't count towards the mail-in promo Cars... but I do want some carded Cars... what to do.

The event is 10 days away.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

this is still a good promo
    but they are sure going to make it a bit of a pain with all the requirements

Comment

Yes, the requirements are difficult but like the original TRU Sidewall Shine and N2O Cola mail-in promos from 2008.

Here's Muggsy:

Muggsy has been ready for awhile - production code is 3612AZ in case you can't read it in the above photo.

For approximately $26.00, we'll be able to get 5 singles (hopefully some new and decent ones) and 2 Deluxe (Muggsy Liftsome)... with a limit of 5 per household we'll have to buy 25 per receipt which will all have to be opened up... so multiple receipts/transactions per store... I'm going to have to find a couple of other addresses to use... $130.00 for 5 sets (10 deluxe) and 25 singles... going to have to buy more bubblewrap for the loose Cars... and I am going to make about a 200 mile circuit to stop at 6 or 7 stores.

The big news is the 2 mail-in Deluxe Cars... the new singles appear to be:
      Gold Metallic Rip Clutchgoneski -x3
      Silver Series Lightning McQueen - x5 - appears to be the Cars 1 original McQueen and not the Hudson Hornet Piston Cup version that came out in the UK and other countries months ago that's never been released in the US...

Mildred Bylane -x2
      Ruka - Chase Airport Waitress - x1

Boost with Flames - x2
      Guido and Luigi with Shaker - x1?
      Mark Wheelson - x1

The rest of the case looks like Krate Rainson-Wash, Sheriff, Sarge, Miguel Camino (x2), Francesco Bernoulli (x2), Sputter Stop, and the King.

We'll post a Kmart 10 store event experience topic for you to share your in-store experiences.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I'm an opener, so sending in the cardbacks isn't really a big deal for me. I haven't opened Guido and Luigi w/ shakers or Mark Wheelson yet. I'll probably only go for 2 mail-ins though.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I'm not happy about having to send in the cards. For the first set that I am going to keep and open, no problem...but I was going to get a second set to keep for future trades, which will obviously not be as desireable loose.

Comment

I know several people donate Cars to charities... many of them won't take opened toys... There's a first grader at the local elementary school who I gave 10 loose Cars to 3 weeks or so ago - he'll get a few more after the event.

Basically those who want or need carded Cars won't be able to redeem those for promo Cars... and I'm not sure how many people will be at the event... During Kmart 9 (October 2012) I arrived at a store 2 hours after the event and all 96 Cars from the 4 cases were still on the table...but at the store after that I only got 6 Cars.

I anticipate buying about 75 Cars total which is 15 sets of mail in promos... I'll help out a few people who won't be able to attend, but I may have trouble obtaining Ruka, Mildred, and other newer Cars such as Boost with Flames... I'll also keep some sets of the promo Cars to use as prizes for upcoming contests... I have a couple of friends who often help me out with Kmart Cars and I expect that I'll need their help this event as well.

Comment

Hope all you US guys manage to get the cars you want on the day.

Look forward to seeing your photos of your buys and of course photos of the mail aways when they arrive.... Good Luck

Comment

I actually just opened a bunch of Cars last week and haven't thrown the cardbacks away yet. So I won't have to open all the ones I buy on the 19th.

Comment

For previous mail-in promos, the UPC on the receipt has to match the UPC on the card... if you buy Cars that you already have opened you'll have your carded set... I cut the UPC codes off the back of a lot of Cars (and received several from members) in order to use for the German mail-in promo.

I have at least 200 cardbacks from Cars I've opened in the past, but if I can't find those in stores they won't work... and looking at the list of usuable series, it doesn't look like Kmart 6 and 7 rubber tire racers will work for the promo -too bad - some of the stores I've been to and plan on stopping at still have rubber tire racers and silver series racers.

Comment

I printed my order form for 2 sets. I don't see myself getting more than 10 Cars on the 19th after already finding Case Q.

Comment

Just found them early here in Raleigh. 2 of the "Kmart" case (it had an S) packed into another larger box. I didn't see another one, as I did look since someone said they normally get 4 in for events. I did see 2 case M on another cart, though.

Comment

This promo stinks. I'm a carded collector and they are saying I have to ruin 5 items just to get 2 free items. I'll just buy them on ebay after prices dive.

Comment

Wow, people must of screwed up the Ivan promo by returning the $20 worth of cars after getting an Ivan, so Mattel must want proof that you're keeping what you bought or something. This sucks because I'm only a card collector, and I really don't want to ruin 5 cars to get 2

Comment

People seem to assume that opening a car makes it worthless. I sell loose Cars on ebay, and quite often the loose Cars sell for the same price, or even more.

Comment

Originally posted by maxgc53 View Post
                              People seem to assume that opening a car makes it worthless. I sell loose Cars on ebay, and quite often the loose Cars sell for the same price, or even more.
                              I'm not looking to sell on ebay, I'm looking to use them to trade with others that were not able to get them. It is much harder to find people that want to trade for loose cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X