Spotlight On... jeff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight On... jeff

Welcome to a new edition of Spotlight On... let's learn more about one of our members from Missouri... jeff

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I was born in Jackson, Mississippi but spent the vast majority of my life in St. Louis, Missouri USA

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    I began collecting shortly after the first "Cars" movie was released back in 2006.

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    I had seen the previews for "Cars" and was amped. After seeing the movie, I was hooked. I think I spent $50 at the local Walmart once they got their first shipment. I had two boys at the time and they were sorta interested too, but not as much so, I don't have a lot of loose cars. But now that I have a new little one there may be a need to pick up some duplicates. Too early to tell as he is happy playing with empty water bottles and pushing/flipping small boxes.

5. How many cars (roughly) do you currently have?
    Since I don't have a lot of loose cars I have roughly 550 carded cars and assorted cars themed items i.e. play sets, notebooks, sticker packs, Uno cards etc.

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?
    Hummm...I would have to say Fabrizio

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?
    Guido - I was on the floor at his pit stop scene. (no really, my wife told me to get off the floor in the theater! it was dark who would know right?)

8. What has been your best ever find?
    The Flash I reciently found at a Big Lots in the metropolitain area.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    Mazda Tribute

10. What is your dream car?
    Ice blue Lamborghini Countach 5000, New Camero (the land shark as I like to refer to them), or a Mach 5 (it does not have to have all the gadjets, just street legal is fine)

11. What do you do for a day job?
    I am a scientist in the field of pharmaceutical manufacturing

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    I collect lots of stuff - Hot Wheels, yo-yo's, ying yang themed items, coins (not a lot of actual buying more of just what I happen to find), water fountains, star wars items, things that either light up or glow in the dark, writing instruments and just general "suites my fancy" stuff (I am not a hoarder though, pack rat maybe). I also like to watch sci-fi movies and cartoons with my kids, star gaze, look for purple stuff for my wife, pen poetry, and make people want to smile.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    Hummm... I am humble so, not a lot a horn tooting over here. I would say, keeping my family healthy and happy would certainly be up there. Beyond family, I did receive the top graduating student honor for my graduating university class and I once save a little girl who was choking on a peppermint when I was a waiter/delivery driver at a pizza joint.

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?
    I am going to go with a four way tie between the old Dr. Who series with Tom Baker, Ultraman, Speed Racer (old skool version), and G-Force: Gardians of Space. For the movie category that would be Dune the original version tied with Mulan.

15. If you won "Who wants to be a millionaire", what would you do with the money?
    Set up some funds for the kids, buy a rather large amethyst geode, give some to my church and charities, buy the wife something, and sock some away for savings. (no particular order here). Oh, I'd also probably buy a Bubba (saw one in a Target in the clearance and said "oh, I'll come back tomorrow and get that one", forgot and went back the day after said tomorrow and he/they were of course gone forever! so sad, so sad)

Thanks for reading and happy hunting!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great to know about you, jeff.
    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

I had to look twice...that's me! Thanks!
      May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Nice to learn more about you Jeff! I am still picturing you on the floor in the movie theatre - ROFL <<< no wait, that was you - hahaha!

Comment

Nice to read more about you jeff...and love to read what you are collecting overall

Comment

Great to learn more about you, jeff... hope you don't mind that we published this a few months after you submitted... sorry -life gets busy at times... great story about how you got hooked... the other Cars items (and other items) you collect... finding a Super Chase at retail... and those Story Tellers at Target - they were so hard to find... especially the 3 packs.

Several members like Dr. Who... and you may be our first pharmaceutical manufacturing scientist.

There's a lot to do in the St Louis area - we've taken both children (1998) and grandchildren (2013) there on vacation... we enjoy the Arch, the Zoo, the Science Museum... I wanted to do a little Cars shopping when we were there this spring but didn't get to...

Thanks again for supporting PCD.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Ouch about the Bubba!!

Good read...its cool to find out more about the pcd members!

Comment

Nice to read and find out about other members
                Thanks Jeff.

Comment

nice to learn more about you

Comment

Working...
                  X