Spotlight On... kakazuya

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight On... kakazuya

Up next on Spotlight On... from Hawaii... a place where I imagine many of us would like to be with the onset of winter weather the last week or so... a member of both the PCD website and Facebook group... Here's kakazuya!

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    Born and raised in Aiea, Hawaii and now I live in Waipahu. For those who don't know, it's on the main island in Hawaii.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    Hm. Technically, we bought the first bunch a few years ago from the Disney Store, which was SUPPOSED to be gifts for my husband's friend's kids... and then we forgot to give it to them... for a couple years. My son then got very addicted to the movie and then we were like "Score! Look what we got in the closet! Best parents EVAR!!!"

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    We started for my son. My son is two years old and behind in speech. One of his first and only words for awhile was "car" (KAAAA). When it's one of the only things you understand from him, you kind of jump on it.
    Funny part was that my husband and I had a serious discussion about this before we started buying. We're both collectors (me- comics, husband- anything geeky) from back in the day and we didn't know if we wanted to start the addiction... and we did.

5. How many cars (roughly) do you currently have?
    Err... I'm looking at the rubbermaid container that gives Brian nightmares right now. I'd guess about seventy open and forty-ish non open?

6. Which diecast car is your favorite (only one allowed)?
    Oh, Milo. That's because my favorite dog just passed in August and his name was Milo. I found out that there was a Car named the same name and searched until I found it and then I cried for a good ten minutes when I got him.

7. Which car (from either of the movies) is your favorite, and why?
    I'd say that Mater is my favorite, mostly because of Mater's Tall Tales.

8. What has been your best ever find?
    My best find? Probably the newest pack of Racers from the Disney Store- the one with Frosty and the other international guys. It's not rare, but it's the one that make my son's eyes light up the most. That and if you want a little rarer (just a little), I'd say finding someone on Maui to ship me like five Hudsons, Lizzie, Snot Rod Impounded and some others for sixty bucks.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    2011 Honda Fit and a 2013 Toyota Camry

10. What is your dream car?
    Realistically, an adorable little Mini. Unrealistically, one of those older Porcshe 911s that look like an upside down bathtub.

11. What do you do for a day job?
    I'm currently turning food into a baby.

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    Hm. I did earthdog, which is training terriers to hunt rats underground. I don't know about doing it this upcoming year since Milo was my great earthdog. Albie is my other dog, who has two Champion parents, sucks balls at earthdog. Poor dear.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    My son is my greatest achievement ever... and I'm gonna do it again in May.

14. What is your favorite ever TV show and favorite ever movie?
    My favorite ever TV show was CSI before it got stupid and my favorite movie is Toy Story. I cry like a baby during Toy Story 3.

15. If you won "Who wants to be a millionaire", what would you do with the money?
    Pay off all bills and mortgage. Put a good amount in my son's and my future kid's college funds. Fix my parents' house.
    Then, I'm going to find and purchase the rarest Cars item (the Speedway set?). Why? CAUSE I CAN.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great to learn more about you, Erin... I've been to Hawaii once, back in January 2003... before Cars... didn't even go to Target or Walmart while I was there... great story behind your favorite Car... I can sympathize about Milo as we had to put our 8 year old dog Kiehm down last Monday...

Congratulations on your son and your upcoming baby.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Cool read, love Hawaii (though I've never been).
      Congrats on the addition to the family!!

Comment

Great read...and turning food into a baby was the funniest thing I read in awhile, Albie's abilities, or lack there of to Earthdog was a close second though!!

Comment

Congrats and welcome as well.
          May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Great read, I would love to visit Hawai'i (technically I have been there countless times but i never made it out of the airport as I was on my way to and from Guam) lol

Comment

Great to learn more about you, kakazuya.
              Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

it's nice to learn more about you kakazuya

Comment

Working...
                X