Spotlight On... Micky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight On... Micky

Up next on Spotlight On... from Florida... a member who has provided us with many great photos of her great collection... here's Micky!

1. What is the story behind your PCD screen name?
    My screen name is my nickname. I've had it since college. Thank goodness I like it, 'cause it stuck

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    Born in New York City. Live in Florida.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    I started collecting Cars when the first movie came out.

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    I’ve always loved cars (toys & real ones). As a child I played with dolls, (for those who don’t already know, yes I’m female) but also had a few diecast cars, a blue diecast plane with wings that folded up & a diecast wind-up train set. Not sure where I got them but they were toys I really loved. So when the Cars movie came out, I just started buying the Cars. I guess to get back those little diecast cars I had as a kid. And the rest, as they say, is history.

5. How many cars (roughly) do you currently have?
    Too many to count but over 1000 is a rough guess (carded & loose).

6. Which diecast car is your favorite (only one allowed)?
    Mater

7. Which car (from either of the movies) is your favorite, and why?
    I like all the Tokyo girl Cars, Suki, Harumi, Ichigo, Chisaki. Why? ’Cause they are too cute.

8. What has been your best ever find?
    When Bessie was released, it was around Christmas time. TRU had lots of boxes on the top shelf over the display. I knew the case letter was the one Bessie was in so I asked the clerk to pull the boxes down. He must have been a new employee because he took down all the boxes and I bought all the Bessie’s. If I remember correctly, there were 6.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?
    Honda CR-V

10. What is your dream car?
    Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Cobra

11. What do you do for a day job?
    We are recently retired but we were self employed.
    My husband is an artist so he did the artwork and I handled the business end; accounting, marketing, selling etc.

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    I have a collection of circa 1960’s vintage Barbie Dolls & vintage cloths. I’m not active in collecting any more but still enjoy them.
    My husband is an avid Toy Story collector and we help each other with our collections. My husband is an avid Toy Story collector and we help each other with our collections. Another hobby is photography.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    I don’t want to call it an achievement. I would like to say my most rewarding experience. I volunteered at St Vincent dePaul Soup Kitchen for 8 years. They are opened and serve lunch 365 days a year. My day was Friday. I was the cook and worked with many other volunteers to serve a full lunch, from soup to dessert, to about 200 people a day.

14. What is your favorite ever TV show and favorite ever movie?
    Wow this one is the hardest to answer...Gilmore Girls for the TV show. Hannah And Her Sisters for the movie.

15. If you won "Who wants to be a millionaire", what would you do with the money?
    Buy a 2014 Fiat 500L in red. (I told you I love cars). I’d save most of it for my old age (which is coming faster than I ever imagined) and give some to charity.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Nice to know more about you, Micky.
    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Thanks for sharing Micky.

And kudos on the charity work!!!

Comment

Nice to learn more

Comment

Thanks for sharing Micky. I think we have done a few trades, but I didn't really know that much about you except that you set up cool dioramas!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

It's nice to learn more about you, Micky... We've traded a few times as well... and she has done many fantastic dioramas which I always enjoy looking at.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Great to learn more about you!
              May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

I like your choice of dream car!

Comment

Great to learn more about you Micky

Well done on the volunteer work, truely admirable

And don't I know about old age coming quickly. I was only 30 when my first son was born (what feels like only yesterday) and I turn 35 this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                    Great to learn more about you Micky

Well done on the volunteer work, truely admirable

And don't I know about old age coming quickly. I was only 30 when my first son was born (what feels like only yesterday) and I turn 35 this weekend!

oh you old man lol
                    I wish I was 35 again

Comment

nice to learn more about you Micky

Comment

Working...
                      X