This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too pricey for me i,m afraid

no 77 is the number vallteri bottas has chosen in f1 for the 2014 season!

Comment

Anyway I can have the 7th or 77th one created? You know I love my 7's!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I hope to have photos of the finished custom racer in a few days... I will be sure to post them here...

The number on the top of the Car is 11... PixarCarsDiecast.com was founded by Rippers at the end of April 2011... as a history of PCD we chose the number 11... it might look like a 7 - there are a lot of fonts and the font for the number was substituted during the conversion process (Adobe .PDF file to Corel Draw .CDR file).

I appreciate all the work that was put into the design of the PCD custom racer, from the creation of the original concept art to implementing it as a prototype and those involved in making it a reality... thanks to those of you who have ordered and paid for your custom Cars in advance... I hope that others will order them once the finished Car is in hand... If I end up with 75 of these in my collection my wife won't be happy with me... and I'll be paying back our friend who paid for the production run for quite awhile.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Production of the PCD custom racer has finished... they should ship to me in the next day or so.

I'll add photos as soon as I get them.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

GREAT NEWS!! Look forward to adding one of these to my collection Chris!

Comment

Due to various factors beyond our control, the final production consists of only 70 PCD custom racers and not 100... order while you can.

They shipped this morning... I will let everyone know when I receive them.

In the meantime, here are some photos (not my pictures - I haven't seen them yet):

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
              Chris

Comment

looks really great

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                  Due to various factors beyond our control, the final production consists of only 70 PCD custom racers and not 100... order while you can.

They shipped this morning... I will let everyone know when I receive them.

In the meantime, here are some photos (not my pictures - I haven't seen them yet):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3716[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3717[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3718[/ATTACH]
                  Chris
                  Good thing I ordered mine early! At least you now don't have to worry about having 75 of these in your collection, Chris!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

If the translation from Chinese to English is correct, it looks like the shipment of PCD Custom Racers may have arrived in the US, at Chicago.

Comment

what is this machine actually called?

Comment

I think Christopher Smith was the working name. But not sure if that was finalized.

Maybe Christopher Shift... Contest idea maybe? Thoughts o' Admins?

Comment

As far as a name is concerned, as GotFrank said, Christopher Smith was the name during the design phase.

pirelliboy and I were mentioning a few possible names a few weeks ago... trying to incorporate bits and pieces behind the founding of PCD by Rippers with administrators MrBrownstone and me (cac1959)... I came up with Ripley Cacstone... but no name has been finalized... we might go with a contest... we might ask for submissions... for now it's PCD custom racer...

Comment

The PCD custom racer is in the house!

I received a great package this morning... the PCD custom racer has arrived!

Approximately 39 remain, but some that have been ordered have not been paid for.

I'll try to ship out starting this weekend - I need to buy some smaller boxes more conducive to the size of the Car.

Many thanks to all who have made this happen.

Comment

Wow!! They really turned out great!!

Comment

If our Cars were just displayed we would have bought one but ours are all played with and although the little one is quite gentle whilst playing they do have the odd crash where paint chips happen. Be such a shame to ruin that lovely paint work

Someones put alot of effort into those, nice work sorting them out

Comment

Working...
                                X