Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tru Livingston today - very poor selection. Unless anyone is after lmq with racing wheels!
    Lizardmaster

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
      the old magic is back....... thats what i,m talking about
      after about 2 months of searching finally found mildred and ruka in antrim tesco, ye flammin ha!
      I too have just found them at Morrison's in Belper

Comment

Awesome Boogity!! so pleased you have had some luck at last Great score too Nick

Although we rarely shop in the Disney store these days, I'm still disappointed to hear that they are upping their price to £6.00!! Hope other stores don't follow in their foot steps.. as if the selection the UK have to put up with isn't bad enough, let alone another price increase on top

Comment

Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
          Awesome Boogity!! so pleased you have had some luck at last Great score too Nick

Although we rarely shop in the Disney store these days, I'm still disappointed to hear that they are upping their price to £6.00!! Hope other stores don't follow in their foot steps.. as if the selection the UK have to put up with isn't bad enough, let alone another price increase on top
          My local Toymaster got their first delivery for a few weeks today (case 998C with Rip/Alex etc). They were going to put their price up to £5.99 when they put them out, so I guess that's new level?

As some stores have decided not to stock Cars anymore, then it's economies of scale. If were are an average of 2,000 produced of each case and that reduces to say 1,500 so however hard it is to stomach, I guess that £6 is a price worth paying to keep the line going in the UK. Besides they are much more expensive in mainland Europe and Ireland, so it could be worse!

P.S. Disney Stores should (in theory) be cheaper as they don't pay a fee to licence the products like all other retailers. I understand it's about 10%.

Comment

I forgot all about Toymaster charging £5.99, We rarely shop in there now too. We used to look every week for new Cars in our local stores but just don't bother now as it's tiring seeing the same stock week after week (old McQueen's/Francesco etc) or seeing nothing at all. We mainly go looking for Planes now (usually Asda is first for new Planes) and have a glance at the Cars just in case of something new lurking.

Something i did notice on our last weekly shop is our local Sainsburys has re-arranged the toy shelf where Cars/Planes/Hotwheels are. The shelf was full of Francesco's on our last visit (must of been about 7 or 8) but since they re-arranged the shelf to put Cars next to Planes all but 1 Francesco remained. I know they haven't suddenly had a mad rush for him so i wonder if they are making way for new stock as the price ticket remains ??

Comment

Found the fabled F case in my local TRU on Thursday, unopened by the cars display. I noticed before I opened it that it looked to have been resealed with Sellotape... Guess what - no ruka or ichigo. 😭

Comment

new finds

Topper Deckington Delux £2.50 @ Wilkinsons. Well pleased

Comment

Originally posted by soupsjh1974 View Post
                  Topper Deckington Delux £2.50 @ Wilkinsons. Well pleased
                  Welcome to the site Great find! Even better price!

Our Wilko had decreased the toy section last time I went in.. Hopefully they will restock more toys again soon.

Comment

WOW! Worth every penny of the asking price! Obviously clearing out the toys to make way for the spring re-set. Great buy!

Comment

Up in London on a course today and managed to have a quick look around - found ichigo and ruka for the first time in hamleys and disney stores had a lot of Mildred's and associated case. No 2014 stock obviously.

Only purchases were lego movie sets from the lego store.

Comment

Popped to Morrisons today, Just left overs from last visit. Also Sainsburys are yet to restock, been ages
                        Toymaster had no Cars only Planes but they were just Dusty's.
                        Wilko has reduced the toy section and had no Cars or Planes.

Overall a waste of time!

Comment

Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                          Up in London on a course today and managed to have a quick look around - found ichigo and ruka for the first time in hamleys and disney stores had a lot of Mildred's and associated case. No 2014 stock obviously.

Only purchases were lego movie sets from the lego store.

With the price rise to about £6.00 for other stores, it does make me wonder what Hamleys are going to charge for new 2014 stock when it finally arrives. Were they still £8.00 in Hamleys?

As I've said before, I would pay £8.00 in Hamleys for a rare or Chase car, especially if Mattel reduce the number produced or imported. I guess £8.00 would be great price for a Cars 2 Fabrizio or Sir Harley Gassup on an international card!?

Comment

yes, they were still £8 - i didn't notice if the disney store were charging £6, though their own 2-packs were all down to £8

Comment

Argos have these 4 packs listed at £19.99
                              I did not buy as this is the only pack they had. Maybe other stores will have different ones?

Comment

I like that fan in that set. If I see one in store I will prob buy one

Comment

Working...
                                X