Spotlight On... odisn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight On... odisn

Up next on Spotlight On... from the capital of North Carolina... here's odisn!

1. What's the story behind your PCD screen name?
    My first name is Odis and my last name begins with N.

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?
    I'm originally from a small town in the eastern part of NC called Ahoskie. I currently live in the state's capital, Raleigh.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?
    We were casually buying Cars for our daughter for around a year before we started getting serious about it late last year (2012).

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?
    My daughter (Zoe) was the only girl in a daycare class full of boys early on, so she just played with all the cars, trucks, and trains with them. They also saw the original Cars a few times at daycare, and she immediately took to it. After we bought Cars 2 and watched it as a family, we started looking for & collecting more Cars. My son, Ian, was starting to get interested in them at this point, as well.

5. How many cars (roughly) do you currently have?
    I'm guessing we probably have around 100, all loose in the playroom, as well as another 30 or so (backups & ones for rewards/Christmas) in a secure location known only to Mommy & Daddy. Personally, I have the 5 Porto Corsa Super Chases and the 3 2013 Super Chases on my display shelf.

6. Which diecast car is your favorite (only one allowed)?
    Frosty. I just love his look, even though he wasn't in the US version of the movie.

7. Which car (from either of the movies) is your favorite, and why?
    Otis, for (hopefully) obvious reasons. Looking for him was what got us started on this crazy road.

8. What has been your best ever find?
    Probably finding 3 each of the 2013 Super Chases, which allowed us to trade for some older Piston Cup racers which we needed.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?

I drive a 2010 Toyota Tacoma pickup truck.

10. What is your dream car?
    I'm really not much of a car guy, so I'm happy with my truck. Maybe a larger Toyota Tundra, since I will need to fit 3 carseats in the back very soon?

11. What do you do for a day job?
    I'm an IT guy at NC State University, also my alma mater.

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?
    Comic book collecting has been my passion for 35 years. I also try to stay active by swimming, biking, and playing basketball & golf...but finding the free time can be a challenge.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?
    Gosh...I'd have to say getting this marriage thing figured out a whole lot better on the 2nd go round with a fantastic woman, which has resulted in 2 (soon to be 3) wonderful kids.

14. What is your favorite ever TV show and favorite ever movie?
    TV show: Doctor Who, for as long as I can remember. Movie: Raiders of the Lost Ark

15. If you won "Who wants to be a millionaire", what would you do with the money?
    It may sound boring, but paying off bills and saving for 3 kids college funds (and 2 girls weddings) would be at the top of my list.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Nice to learn more about you, Odis... Another Cars collector who works in IT at a University...

Great story about how you got started collecting... and it's been 2 months since you submitted your interview - we're interested in learning what may have changed since then.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Great Read.
      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Nice to know more about you, Odis N.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Nice to read about ya. Go Doctor Who!
          May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

nice to learn more about you odis

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
              and it's been 2 months since you submitted your interview - we're interested in learning what may have changed since then.
              I posted this back in the "What did you get for Christmas?" thread, but I'll add it here as well for those who may have missed it. This is the main change that has occurred since my submission. Oh, and a pronounced lack of sleep lately!

Comment

Great to read more about you odisn

Hope you're getting some sleep now...

Comment

Great to learn more about you

The little one looks adorable! Congrats again.

Comment

Working...
                  X