Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way too many hobbies...

Here are some things from my collections. I collect:
    • Military, mostly US WW2 stuff (I have a comprehensive collection of war correspondent stuff)
    • RR and model train stuff, mostly O scale narrow gauge, collecting items from an obscure Tennessee railroad
    • Sci-Fi items and costumes used in films and TV shows
    • NASA and Space Camp items

These shots represent just the tip of the iceburg of my insanity...

Always looking for new Sarge stuff!

nice collection you have

Comment

Wow, that's a great collection of stuff.. always nice to see what other things people collect

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Comment

Thanks, my wife keeps telling me I have too many interests for a man in my income range. She's right, of course...
        Still, it comes in handy sometimes being one of the most well-know subject matter experts on something obscure. It's led to on-camera work for CNN, PBS and the History Channel. I'm in a holding pattern right now for a PBS series in a WW2 cartoonist and a Hollywood movie about the end of WW2 in Germany...

Comment

Dude. You have an actual Colonial Viper in your collection? How much space does it take up in your garage?

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
            Dude. You have an actual Colonial Viper in your collection? How much space does it take up in your garage?
            Okay, I should have put a caveat on that photo. Yes, that is the Viper from the Galactica series and no I don't own it (I could have, though, and I seriously contemplated it for a little bit until my wife threatened me with death if I thought about it any further). Long story on that, but I have played around with a lot of the props from that series...
            Like your signature block, I need to make one like that!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
              I want a Viper too!!! LOL

O scale, nice fit with Cars. I used several O scale pieces to decorate my 1:55 Radiator Springs.

Comment

Originally posted by p51 View Post
                Like your signature block, I need to make one like that!
                If you need any tips on Quonset hut construction just let me know. I'd be glad to help.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                  If you need any tips on Quonset hut construction just let me know. I'd be glad to help.
                  Wow, that looks great! Yeah, I'd love to know how you built that...

Comment

I like your collection, p51. It is really cool!

Comment

You should open a road side museum and ask for a donation so you can buy more stuff! Nice nice collection.
                      May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeff View Post
                        You should open a road side museum and ask for a donation so you can buy more stuff!
                        I know someone who did that. He deeply regrets it now as he had to get a foundation going and he then lost control over all the stuff he'd collected.
                        I do living history displays from the spring to fall, lots of people get to see my stuff:

And sometimes it leads to some cool things:

Comment

I've been yelled at by Mr. T. But I'd rather be yelled at by Gunny! That's too cool.

Comment

Working...
                          X