Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight On... Raginpage

Up next on Spotlight On... another member from the eastern US... Raginpage

1. What is the story behind your PCD screen name?

I started posting on the Internet as a college football fan of the Nebraska Cornhuskers back in 1994. Nebraska won the national championship that year but Penn St had a perfect season also. I went on rants about why Nebraska was so superior. Ahhh youth. Anyway, I was pretty well known for long rants so Ragin Page kind of stuck.

2. Where are you from / where do you live now?

I grew up in Nebraska, went to grad school in Missouri, and now live in West Virginia, pretty close to the Washington DC Metro area.

3. When did you start collecting Cars?

My son was 2 and loved the movie. I got him Lightning McQueen and Mater in the summer of 2012 and it was all over after that. The real collecting commenced when I worked in vain to secure my son a Doc Hudson for Christmas that year and refused to pay Ebay price for it.

4. Why did you start collecting Cars?

I don't like to lose. Ha! I will tell you if I knew back then the money and involvement it would bring, I probably would not have done it. I would have bought Doc on Ebay and never visited my first collector website. I never would have gotten the first scoop on where to find the new cars and the thrill it brings to have "insider information" that is, of course, available to all.

5. How many cars (roughly) do you currently have?

Wow. Probably in the high hundreds if not 1000.

6. Which diecast car is your favourite (only one allowed)?

Fabulous Hudson Hornet

7. Which car (from the movie) is your favourite, and why?

Doc Hudson. Love Paul Newmans voice and the grumpiness if the character.

8. What has been your best ever find?

Not many would agree since Ive found 6 Super chases in the wild, and have managed a first find several times now, but my best find was 6 unopened K-mart cases with Alexander Hugo, Mary Escocar and silver racers, and though I wasn't smart enough to just buy the whole works at the time, bought all the Alexaders and Mary's and loads of silver racers for about 66 cents each since I got the 99 cent sale and buy one get one half off.

9. What car(s) do you currently own?

2009 Honda Accord
    2001 Honda CRV

10. What is your dream car?

This is funny, but Im really not that into actual cars. But if pressed, I'll say the from when I was young. 1956 Ford Thunderbird hardtop convertible in Royal Blue.

11. What do you do for a day job?

I am a patent Examiner at the USPTO.

12. Other than Cars Collecting, do you have any hobbies?

Not too much anymore. I like to fish and hunt fowl. I have visited lots of baseball stadiums and enjoy that as well. Read. A lot.

13. What is your greatest ever achievement?

That's tough. I can't claim credit for anything really, God has been in it all. I guess my coolest career achievement was being an invited speaker at a conference to talk about my research work and defending that work (spontaneously, it was just supposed to be a talk) in front of a large number of MDPhDs, and holding my own without having the MD to my title.

14. What is your favourite ever TV show and favourite ever movie?

TV show: 2 Guys a Girl and a Pizza place
    Movie: God is not Dead
    That is a recent change but a powerful movie, so there it is.

15. If you won "Who wants to be a millionaire", what would you do with the money?
    Pay off debt, college money for kids, and outreach for the rest.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

It's great to learn more about you, Raginpage... I've appreciated our trades and your support of PCD.

My wife and I are looking forward to seeing God Is Not Dead...

The Patent Office... very interesting... and good to see another Honda person.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Glad to have you on the site, Brent. Having some local help also makes hunting Cars a lot easier too. Although there really hasn't been much to look for lately.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I applied for a job at the patent office about 10 years ago or so...I had no idea that's where you worked....very cool! (I was living in Fredericksburg at the time so it would have been quite a commute)

Comment

A little more than just a screen name now. Thanks for sharing with the class!

Comment

nice to learn more about you

Comment

Good to hear a bit more about you Brent!

I came home to a room full of cars that had been played with all day today, most of which are from your boxes you've kindly sent down under. I am very grateful to the many, many cars you have offered for sale that I wouldn't have been able to get without resorting to ebay profiteers.

It's great to have you on this forum!

Comment

Nice to learn more about you!
                Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Great to hear more about ya.
                  May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Working...
                  X