No announcement yet.

How soon will you go shopping for Planes Fire and Rescue toys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I collect most of the things along the line of Cars and Planes. I will go to the stores with my dad and buy the characters.
    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

I actually found a box on a pallet at a Cincinnati area Target yesterday... I did not open it but did take a picture.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I talked to my mattel rep today

my walmart is scheduled to get a 180 piece end cap / dump box of planes fire and rescue on june 9

this won't be in every walmart as only one of the 3 walmats I have is getting it

so if you don't find what you want on june 1 you may be able to find one of these on the 9th

Comment

Walmart in New Orleans had a couple of cases out on the shelves today. Picked up Maru and Mayday. They were priced at $5.86. Mayday's easily equivalent in size to a Cars Deluxe, so wasn't bothered by this price for him, at all. Maru's a little small for a that price, but was too cool for me to pass up.

Comment

We'll get some of these, I like the fact that more land vehicles are coming out as opposed to the first planes movie, the cars/trucks get a lot more playing time at my house than the planes. Really like the smokejumpers and the fact that they are bigger than the cars pitties...

Comment

Bought 3 at a Walmart store in eastern Indiana tonight... Planning on going shopping Sunday morning...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I broke down and got Mayday. I just don't know how hard he will be to find, so I picked him up.

Comment

It seems the stores around here are actually waiting until tomorrow to put them out. I'll pick up Mayday tomorrow if I can find him.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                    The kids aren't really into Planes right now. That may change when we see the movie, but unless the specifically ask for a certain character, I won't be collecting these.
                    Strange that my son has been playing Planes on the Wii all weekend. He seems to be looking forward to Planes 2. I haven't shown him the F&R diecasts I got yet, but it seems I will be collecting these after all.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris View Post
                      It seems the stores around here are actually waiting until tomorrow to put them out. I'll pick up Mayday tomorrow if I can find him.
                      Found him this morning in a sidekick at Walmart. Got all the pitties too.

Comment

I went to church last night so I could shop first thing this morning... left the house at 6:25 am and headed to Dayton, Ohio.

Meijer - no sign of Fire and Rescue merchandise at 3 stores.

Walmart - found the side cap at 3 of 4 Walmart stores... $5.86 each... found 7 which I bought plus Skipper and Leadbottom which I did not and will not buy.

Target - found an end cap with the same singles I found at Walmart only at a higher price... I found Windlifter at the first and no Deluxe at the second... but when I entered the number, 087070869, it said they had them in the back... they brought out a case... 4 Windlifter and 2 Blade Ranger in the case... I'll add a picture... $9.99 each.

Toys R US - no Fire and Rescue merchandise was out when the store opened at 10 am... they brought out merchandise from the back but this TRU had no diecasts at all... I heard from friends that the singles are $5.99 and Deluxe are $9.99.

Kmart - no Fire and Rescue merchandise at all.

I think we're going to see the same thing that happened with Planes and Cars 2... the first stores to put them out will sell them... the stores that are late to put them out won't... and that will cause retailers to think it's another non-selling product line.

I'll add photos later.

Comment

Warning...Wal-Mart rant ahead:

Before you get the wrong impression, I love Wal-Mart. In fact, a major portion of my income goes to this store. But they, or at the very least my store, make diecast collecting painfully difficult. Examples to prove my point: Two years ago they put out the Hot Wheels Christmas cars after Christmas, the new CARS 2 releases did not make it out onto the sales floor the day of release, my WM never gets any of the Hot Wheels or CARS dump bins that other WMs do, my WM does not have an automatic inventory system for CARS diecast...I had to ask them to order the singles and toons in and upon scanning and punching some numbers, new cases arrived within a week. This brings us to Planes F&R. Last night I noticed a sealed sidekick sitting on top of a pallet waiting to be stocked. It was NOT marked F&R but Planes with no "stock on date", but still I am going on the assumption that these are the F&R diecast...? I looked for someone around to open it for me but found none. No problem I figure, I will just run in tomorrow after church. So, today do you think I find a whole display for F&R????? Noooooooo. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I find a manager and inquire about the sidekick that I assume was F&R and that I KNOW they have because I saw it last night. The claim they cannot find it and looked everywhere in the back room. I was then told that I should have just grabbed it last night and bought what I wanted. So, I will be remembering this next time and will be helping myself to palleted merchandise from now on!!!

OK, Wal-Mart rant complete. Have a good day everyone. Jody

Comment

^^^If I see palleted merchandise out on the sales floor, I'm going to assume its fair game and open a case if I know there is something in it I'm looking for. I have more important things to do than wait for the employees to get around to it.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Yeah, I just rip open cases I see....No way any employee will stop me. I have tunnel vision when I see a case haha..

Comment

Yep me too...I have had several similar issues with walmart! One time was recently when i found a pallet of toys in the toy aisle. It was Case A and had never even seen it before, nor did anyone post anything about a Case A online yet. So i ripped it open saw Lubewig ect and i grabbed whatever i wanted. Well it turns out i forgot to grab nigel w/flames, so i went back and the pallet was gone but the case was not stocked???? It wasnt till about a week later that the case got put on the pegs, and they were completely empty the entire time!!

Another time was when the 2013 case C trays were being found at Walmart, i kept checking, and checking and mine never got them. Finally while browsing the garden section(where they also have a toys stock area) I find the 3 trays sitting amongst piles of boxes. I proceeded to take what i wanted and then took the rest to the floor and stocked them myself. Technically I was not in an unauthorized area as there was things to buy in the area i was in, so i wasnt trespassing or anything. I was asked by an employee what i was doing when she saw me walking to the floor with a tray of Cars in my hands...I told her i was stocking the shelves!! Keep in mind i was in a suit because i was just coming home from work.

Bottom line walmart can be brutal!!

Comment

Working...
                                X