How soon will you go shopping for Planes Fire and Rescue toys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Courtesy of Ferris, here's a picture of a Target end cap:

Singles - same case/singles as Walmart... $6.99 Target price ($5.86 Walmart)
    Deluxe - $9.99 each... Next to the Deluxe the sign says Hot Wheels Planes 4 pack - these may have been from the first movie and in the Planes section.

Plastic toys on the bottom 2 shelves... The first movie on the second shelf from the bottom... Cabbie is tempting...

And here's a Walmart side cap that several of us found:

The side cap holds approximately 24 Planes... I've yet to see more than singles at any Walmart store that I've been to.

Thanks for the photos, Ferris! We now know what to look for at Target and Walmart.

Good luck on your hunts!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

TRU

Comment

Went back today for some groc and still nothing on the shelves. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          Courtesy of Ferris, here's a picture of a Target end cap:

Singles - same case/singles as Walmart... $6.99 Target price ($5.86 Walmart)
          Deluxe - $9.99 each... Next to the Deluxe the sign says Hot Wheels Planes 4 pack - these may have been from the first movie and in the Planes section.

Plastic toys on the bottom 2 shelves... The first movie on the second shelf from the bottom... Cabbie is tempting...

And here's a Walmart side cap that several of us found:

The side cap holds approximately 24 Planes... I've yet to see more than singles at any Walmart store that I've been to.

Thanks for the photos, Ferris! We now know what to look for at Target and Walmart.

Good luck on your hunts!
          I kind of expected WM to revise their planes section and add in the fire & rescue instead of.. well this side cap which I just think is.. well pathetic small for the first release date. The regulars planes are like snail sale.. but then again its WM so.. go figure.
          "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
            ^^^If I see palleted merchandise out on the sales floor, I'm going to assume its fair game and open a case if I know there is something in it I'm looking for. I have more important things to do than wait for the employees to get around to it.
            I'm just waiting for the time when I spot an unopened cars case, I'm gonna snatch it, sit in the cars aisle and go through it, anyone tries to stop me, I'll just tell them, I'm doing their job for free, hush up, and you saw nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
              Yep me too...I have had several similar issues with walmart! One time was recently when i found a pallet of toys in the toy aisle. It was Case A and had never even seen it before, nor did anyone post anything about a Case A online yet. So i ripped it open saw Lubewig ect and i grabbed whatever i wanted. Well it turns out i forgot to grab nigel w/flames, so i went back and the pallet was gone but the case was not stocked???? It wasnt till about a week later that the case got put on the pegs, and they were completely empty the entire time!!

Another time was when the 2013 case C trays were being found at Walmart, i kept checking, and checking and mine never got them. Finally while browsing the garden section(where they also have a toys stock area) I find the 3 trays sitting amongst piles of boxes. I proceeded to take what i wanted and then took the rest to the floor and stocked them myself. Technically I was not in an unauthorized area as there was things to buy in the area i was in, so i wasnt trespassing or anything. I was asked by an employee what i was doing when she saw me walking to the floor with a tray of Cars in my hands...I told her i was stocking the shelves!! Keep in mind i was in a suit because i was just coming home from work.

Bottom line walmart can be brutal!!
              The shoppers can be brutal as well, myself included. I'll openly admit I was in a crabby mood when I took a trip to WM in the past, passed the cars section and spotted a car I needed (Rodney the Rocker) I saw a mom with her son who was looking at him also as her son was pointing to him but wasn't quick enough to get to him. I snatched him and walked off not looking back and really not caring at the moment, I didn't want to see the kid's face, but I for sure wasn't gonna let that one get away from me when I didn't even know he even had come out at the time.

Comment

One of our members has seen the new 180 Plane "box" at a Walmart... it should be finding its way to most (but maybe not all) stores fairly soon... I think we'll see it as an end cap outside the normal Cars and Planes section, but we'll see.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

when I found it yesterday it was in the toy dept of that walmart and it was a floor mount endcap box

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                    when I found it yesterday it was in the toy dept of that walmart and it was a floor mount endcap box
                    Thanks, carslover... did you happen to take a picture of it?

Comment

Thanks, carslover... did you happen to take a picture of it?
                      no but I will tomorrow

Comment

here is a few pics of the end cap of F & R

in 3 days it looks like I am the only one to have bought anything out of it

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                          here is a few pics of the end cap of F & R

in 3 days it looks like I am the only one to have bought anything out of it

We had one of those, but someone made the mistake of putting the price across the entire display, so I got windlifter deluxe for only $5.86 from the cashier after I mentioned it was labeled wrong.

They also put a case of cars in the side of the display and found a tach-o-mint error with no eyes.
                          Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

Tach o mint?

Comment

Tach O Mint, All4Mase? We'd love to see pictures... Tach O Mint with plastic tires is unreleased outside of the Speedway of the South set.

Comment

Tach O Mint, All4Mase? We'd love to see pictures... Tach O Mint with plastic tires is unreleased outside of the Speedway of the South set.
                                Edit- SPARE O MINT - sorry! :-|
                                Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

Working...
                                X