Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cars: Abbreviations

Administrator and PCD Super Guesser cac1959's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cars: Abbreviations

MrBrownstone and I have received multiple requests from members wanting a list of abbreviations - there are certain abbreviations that new collectors may not know. I may add photos of some Cars to illustrate the various series.

Cars terms
    DB - Desert Back - the original first series of Cars
    DB12 - Desert Back 12 - 12 Cars pictured on back of card
    DB16 - Desert Back 16 - 16 Cars pictured on back of card
    MM - Movie Moments - set of Cars with 2 per pack. An exception was the Guido/Luigi/Tractor set, which came with 3 per pack
    SC - Supercharged - the second series of Cars
    WOC - World of Cars - the 3rd series of Cars
    ROR - Race O Rama - the 4th series of Cars
    FL - Final Lap - a Target exclusive with fixed (classic) eyes. 2 cases of Final Lap Cars were sold in the UK at the Disney Store.
    RT - rubber tires
    PT - plastic tires
    LMQ - Lightening McQueen
    SOTS - Speedway of the South

NCF - Not carry forward - a term used by Target in the US when an item has been dropped from inventory and will no longer be sold... somewhere I've got a photo of a scanner showing when I first noticed the Team Crew Sets were NCF...

Townies - the Radiator Springs Cars: Sheriff, Doc, Sally, Lizzie, Sarge, Fillmore, Red, Guido, Luigi, Flo, Ramone, etc...
    Tunerz - DJ, Boost, Snot Rod, and Wingo

Retailers
    TRU - Toys R Us - an international retailer with stores in the US, Canada, Europe (UK, Germany, France), and Asia (Singapore)

KM - Kmart - US based retailer best known for the Kmart Cars Collector event and shipping wrong merchandise if you order from their website.

WM - Walmart - US and Canada retailer... I believe they are also known as Asda in the UK.

Target - not an abbreviation, but a US retailer which has had numerous Cars exclusives. There is also a chain in Australia named Target which is not the same as the US chain. The US Target is expanding into Canda - they purchased several Zeller's stores.

DS - Disney Store

Trading / Sales Specific:
    MOC - Mint on Card
    BNIB - Brand New in Box
    HTF - Hard to Find
    NS - comes from a non-smoking home

We'll add more abbreviations to this list as needed.
    Last edited by cac1959; 06-25-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: added abbreviation

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

GMG - GOMATERGO

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

DBF
    Desert Back Fever

When going looking for cars until just recently, I keep finding the S.O.S

Blog Entries
    Added SOS to the above list... I like GMG and DBF but am not sure how widely used those are...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Speedway of the South is not the S.O.S. I was talking about. I was talking about what we had been seeing on the pegs in every store for the last few months. Finn McMissile singles and Tomber and Zen Master Pitty 2 packs; in other words, "same ol' ...."

S.O.L.
    lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjack View Post
    Speedway of the South is not the S.O.S. I was talking about. I was talking about what we had been seeing on the pegs in every store for the last few months. Finn McMissile singles and Tomber and Zen Master Pitty 2 packs; in other words, "same ol' ...."

Oops... same old "stuff"...

I dropped SOS... and added NCF - a term used by Target in the US when an item has been dropped from inventory and is Not Carry Forward...

Iabgcf: I'm a big cars fan.

Although not really relevent, its just an add on to the Zellers part.

Indeed, they were purchased purchased by Target (the Zellers in my town should be closing march 2013 and Target opening in the location during the year). However, Zellers has been carrying target exclusives for years. I've purchased quite a few Transformers Target exclusives there and recently come into contact, although not purchased, with the Target exclusive cars pack that came with Denise Beam.

Again...not really relevent as they are closing down, but just a little bit of extra info