Toyfountain Custom's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyfountain Custom's

Well, since I'm on the Facebook page of Pixardiecast I might as well post my customs here also. I've been on CTT for a while now and quietly reading this site from time to time. For every customs made I'd like to send thanks to CTT members for sharing their decal files. It helps immensely when files are already done in advance. The following posts are an history of the customs I've made over time.

Here is my very first attempt. What else but an iCar.

Attached Files
    Last edited by toyfountain; 06-18-2014, 03:11 PM. Reason: trying to get thumbnails to show

Nice custom!
    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Great job, toyfountain! Many thanks for sharing your work with us.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

The next one I made was a Micro iCar

Comment

I had always dreamed of having Trev, so I then tried to make one in HO scale.

I used an existing Bachmann train for this. All sorts of problems happened in this project. I almost lost the train due to some weird reaction between different brands of paints. Luckily I was able to salvage it.

Comment

When the DS John Lassetire truck came out it was destined to be customised.

I turned it into a DS John Lassetire surf truck. Again, as with Trev, I had a mishap near the end and almost had to start over.

Comment

Apple didn't have its DS1:43 iCar, so I used a Clutch Aid car to make one.

Comment

GotFrank from CTT always makes great customs, he inspired this one.

He also shared his RS image for the sign. Thank you GotFrank. When I saw this Lemax sign on eBay, I knew it had to be a custom accessory.

Comment

About a year ago I noticed while watching Cars again the train had three lomotives.

Not only was there Trev leading the train, but two more locomotives were pulling the cars. I thought it would be nice to replicate the three locomotives. This one was a lot of work, but I also tired to improve on the first Trev. I wanted to make a 3D mouth and searched for quite some time for the right material to use.

Comment

I followed this with an attempt at a red ransburg McQueen.

On this I am still searching for the right paints t simulate as much as possible the ransburg process. It's probably impossible, but I'm an optimist. In the meantime I'm testing different kinds of paints. This one is made of a silver base coat and one red coat of an anodized paint. I will probably redo this one. I cut the decals with scissors only and find now that using an exacto knife is much better.

Comment

I followed with this version.

I must thank Scavenger for sharing the image file for the Ransburg Cars. It saved many hours of work.

Comment

This is my latest custom of Chug. A tribute to Texas I hope.

Comment

Nice customs and love Trev!
                          Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

idk what to say except awesome!

Comment

fantastic, keep them coming!
                              ...Nice pinstripe Sally...

Comment

Working...
                              X