Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you remember? How would you like to be able to buy these?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you remember? How would you like to be able to buy these?

A recent post by Raginpage got me thinking... remember when Target.com had new Team Crew sets available to purchase online? The date was April 13, 2010...
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...y-Idle-pitties

Remember when Target.com had new Team Crew sets available to purchase online? The date was April 13, 2010... I posted these on carsthetoys.com... http://carsthetoys.yuku.com/topic/13744

Unfortunately I didn't capture the images so I probably can't make the pictures inside these photos larger:

We eventually saw Octane Gain and Nitroade and to a lesser extent Bumper Save Team Crew sets in stores... friends in Canada found Octane Gain and Nitroade first... I ordered Bumper Save online... but we never saw official releases of N2O Cola and Easy Idle Team Crew sets... Target canceled their order... it wasn't that the Team Crew sets didn't sell... the problem was that Leakless, HTB, and to a lesser extent Dinoco didn't sell... dedicated collectors spent $20 plus tax for the sets... but $20 plus tax is not a price for impulse buys from the casual collector.

I'd really like to be able to buy more of the Piston Cup Team Crew sets... maybe on a subscription basis if no retailer would carry them... How about you?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I'd love to see all the crew teams come out, along with the rest of the race team haulers as well. Finish what you start Mattel.
    "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

*The following statement is to be directed at a brick wall.*

I'd drop $30 on a chief & three pittys more happily than I did on five dune buggies.
      From a five minute minimally shown short (pssstt.. Disney you own ABC. Sheer stupidity
      not airing the Toons shorts on the major TV network you own. Instead you go with pay
      TV and a sporadic online appearances. If you're lucky a DVD included in a play-set.
      Heaven forbid people actually know why there are Monster Truck Cars & such at Wal-Mart!
      How could that have helped sales??!!)

Anyway, I digress (only slightly). Yes many of the things they missed or distributed poorly.
      Would be far more interesting to me. Than whatever hair-brained gimmick that some corporate
      stooge came up with to justify his employment. Circumventing the creative & interesting things
      that PIXAR had already come up with eight years ago.

Go ahead be lazy Mattel, just fill in the Cars (1) gaps for a while!!!
      Then a bunch of Cars from Cars 2 that may or may not have been in the film.
      By then it'll be time for Cars 3.

Feel free to send my 7% of the profits derived from this game plan.

Comment

I would love to get the rest of the crew sets and haulers. If I did no other collecting the rest of the way(and I might not) Id still want those.

Comment

The crew chief sets didn't sell very well at regular retail because, just like always, the stores over order wave 1. I think these would do better if available online maybe with a subscription or something. I'm pretty sure the only people who still want these are us the collectors. If I knew they were going to do all of them, I'd collect the haulers and crew chief and team sets.
          Last edited by bobbyjack; 07-21-2014, 01:32 PM.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I'd get them. The cars associated with the piston cup are my favourite.

Comment

It would be AMAZING to see these come back with NEW sets ... do not start with previously releases ones!!

Comment

I'd be happy with singles of the remaining crew chiefs and pitties.

Comment

I wish Mattel would understand what we are like when they don't finish something.
                  Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Absolutely, I would buy these again!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

May 5, 2017... Bump... it looks like the new darker purple Cars 3 Bobby Swift Hauler is a match for the Cars Piston Cup Racer N2O Cola...

There was discussion on the PCD Facebook page about whether it matched the color of Transberry Juice or N2O Cola, but I think we can tell from my pictures that it's definitely N2O Cola.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                      X