Spotlight Revisited: cac1959

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight Revisited: cac1959

Welcome to Spotlight Revisited... where we take another look at PCD members... Up first, site owner, cac1959.

1. How long have you been collecting Cars? How long have you been a member of PCD?
    I've been collecting since late 2006 but in earnest since early 2008... I joined PCD in April 2011.

2. What has changed since your original "Spotlight Interview"?
    We have a new dog - a stray named Holley showed up 3 years ago... we had to put our dog Kiehm down last December... my wife and I have a new grandson - that makes a total of 6 grandchildren... and we bought a house this winter and moved... I'm still unpacking Cars and Planes... and other things.

3. How has your Cars collecting changed?
    My grandchildren have outgrown Cars... I don't buy nearly as many as I used to when I also bought for them... Also, many of my friends who were collecting a few years ago have stopped.

4. How does your current enthusiasm for Cars compare to before the launch of Cars2?
    My enthusiasm goes in cycles... I eagerly looked forward to the Cars2 launch... I even got many Cars2 Cars early... due to poor case assortments and distribution issues, I was very discouraged by the time we got to the end of the 2012 Mattel year... 2012 singles case P helped... the launch of the 2013 Cars line helped a lot... but recently I've become a little discouraged once again as there's been nothing new in the area for months... the 2014 series has been tough due to the lack of new Cars in cases.

5. What are your most unique items in your Cars collection?
    I have a few customs and error Cars, including A Chase Bling Bling McQueen with The King Piston Cup... I have a few autographed Cars items - Darrell Cartrip by Darrell Waltrip and a few Cars autographed by Martin Arriola, the original designer of Cars... I have a few Cars Cares custom racers... a few GotFrank and Scavenger customs... a World of Cars Team Spare Mint gift pack that came from Singapore... my Speedway of the South set... and the PCD custom racer!

6. Assuming you could have a 2 week vacation anywhere in the world... where you like to go and what would you like to do?
    I'd like to go somewhere tropical with beaches and ocean... and I might need more than 2 weeks but I'd like to go to several countries and meet Cars friends that I've traded with over the years... I enjoy meeting other Cars collectors in person.

7. What is your favorite part of PCD?
    The people who make up our Cars community... I also enjoy finding out about new releases being found throughout the world.

8. What would you like to see added to PCD?
    More people contributing articles and photos.

9. Do you regularly check out the PCD Facebook group?
    Yes - daily... prior to Peter McQueen setting up the Facebook group, I might have checked Facebook once a week... I know some of you don't do Facebook, but it's really a great way to get the word out to others about new Cars and what's being found in stores... we actually have more people active in the Facebook group than on the website.

10. What Cars items not in your collection would you most like to be able to add to your collection?
    I'd like to add a sealed 2006 Factory set... but it's not likely at this point in time.

11. Which store is your favorite to shop for Cars?
    It depends on if I can find new Cars merchandise in stock... I've bought Cars at the local Meijer and Walmart this summer... when I go out of town I check numerous Toys R US and Target stores... and this summer I've enjoyed finding the 2012 Movie Moments at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

12. How do you feel about some of the more rare Cars items being re-released?
    I'm in favor of it... Unlike some, I buy Cars because I enjoy them... I'd like to see more rare Cars being re-released... Bessie... Frank... El Materdor... Taia Decotura... Taco Truck Mater... Race Damaged Mood Springs... Rip Clutchgoneski launcher... etc...

13. What unreleased Cars items would you like to see released?
    I'd like to see more Radiator Springs building released to go with the first 4 TRU playsets... I'd like to see the rest of the haulers... team crew sets... launchers - especially Tach O Mint - we need a Tach O Mint with plastic tires.

14. Approximately how many Cars do you now have in your collection?
    I still don't know the number... Too many according to my wife... I have opened Cars for display... opened Cars to play... many carded Cars and boxed sets... I do intend to cut back on the number of carded Cars items in my collection.

15. How many custom Cars do you have in your collection?
    About 15...

16. What else do you collect?
    I collect Planes... Planes Fire and Rescue... Radiator Springs 500 1/2... and I have a few Hot Wheels... Cars is still my passion.

17. iPhone or Android phone?
    I have an iPhone 4s and hope that Apple releases a phone with a larger screen in September... I had poor experiences with my first 2 smart phones, both Androids... I'm staying with Apple.

18. Anything else?
    Many thanks to all who support PCD on our website and as part of our Facebook group... we have a great Cars community... thanks to all I've traded with during the 7 years I've been collecting... My first trades were with GOMATERGO... and we still help each other out today.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great idea! It will be neat to read what has changed from time to time.
    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

I agree with Ksammut
      May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

sign me up

Comment

Good read, thanks for sharing. I will figure out how to get this picture thing going and share more pics in answer to one of what you'd like to see more of. Now that the collecting is slowing it is time for showing.

Comment

Raginpage, using the "insert photo" icon. Then to "from URL".
            Paste in a "direct link" URL from a photo hosting site (Potobucket).
            Then uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box.
            And Bob's yer uncle, you're posting pics.

Comment

nice stuff there chris

Comment

Working...
              X