Cars 2 Mattel 1:55 Diecast Singles - the current state of play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars 2 Mattel 1:55 Diecast Singles - the current state of play

Now that the Cars 2 Movie has now been released in the UK I thought I'd help out new collectors (and existing collectors) by detailing what the quantity of Mattel 1:55 cars that have been released (or due to be released) in the first seven cases are, so you know which ones you should be looking out for.

I've listed them in ascending order to make it easier to see (the first number is the collection number of the car):

14-Race Team Fillmore - 2 released (1.37%)
    8-Carla Veloso - 3 released (2.05%)
    10-Guido (together with #11) - 3 released (2.05%)
    11-Luigi (together with #10) - 3 released (2.05%)
    17-Miles Axelrod - 3 released (2.05%)
    19-Hydrolic Ramone - 3 released (2.05%)
    20-Nigel Gearsley - 3 released (2.05%)
    6-Professor Z - 4 released (2.74%)
    15-Race Team Sarge - 4 released (2.74%)
    12-Acer - 5 released (3.42%)
    9-Raoul Caroule - 6 released (4.11%)
    13-Grem - 6 released (4.11%)
    16-Rod Torque Redline - 6 released (4.11%)
    5-Holley Shiftwell - 7 released (4.79%)
    18-Petrov Trunkov - 7 released (4.79%)
    7-Jeff Gorvette - 8 released (5.48%)
    4-Francesco Bernoulli - 16 released (10.96%)
    1-Race Team Mater - 24 released (16.44%)
    3-Lightening McQueen with Racing Wheels - 25 released (17.12%)
    2-Finn McMissile - 32 released (21.92%)

LMQ is definately selling better than Mater in my area as the pegs are filled with Mater and Finn, dispite there being more LMQ's in circulation.

Hope this info helps those wondering which cars to buy.

For details of what cars are in what case, please see here

And for an indication of what cars are in which stores see here (UK only)
    Last edited by MrBrownstone; 07-28-2011, 02:12 PM.

Great post, MrBrownstone... but I'm a little unsure about the percentages... unless you write 21,92% for what we write as 21.92% in the US.

And if you're buying intending to open your Cars (for display or playing with), there are 2 packs and boxed sets that you can open so you don't need to buy all the singles... however, it's going to be very hard not to get duplicates due to Mattel's assortments and distribution.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Not enough of a change to Race Team Mater from Cars 1 Mater. Cars 2 McQueen looks a lot different than Cars 1 McQueen so more people are buying him. With all the Mater varients due to come out, his sales will pick up. Bring on Sarge with headphones!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

nice post mr b, yes the peg warmers seem to be mater and michael caine, not much surprise there then.

Comment

Hi Chris, yes, it is the same. We do yuse the "." too but it was google docs that put the "," in and I glossed over it before posting. I've now fixed this.

I agree with bobbyjack's reason why LMQ has sold more than Mater btu also think that most of the sales were made prior to the movie release so "the kids" were more LMQ fans

Comment

Like this collectors now know how hard certain cars are to find in the wild.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
              Hi Chris, yes, it is the same. We do yuse the "." too but it was google docs that put the "," in and I glossed over it before posting. I've now fixed this.

I agree with bobbyjack's reason why LMQ has sold more than Mater btu also think that most of the sales were made prior to the movie release so "the kids" were more LMQ fans
              Think as soon as kids see the movie they change to Finn

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

Originally posted by DaFickser View Post
                Think as soon as kids see the movie they change to Finn
                I agree with you, DaFickser...

My grandsons are 9 and almost 9 (on 8/7)... their favorite Cars2 Car is Finn McMissile
                My granddaughter is 5 (almost 6)... her favorite Cars2 Car is Holley Shiftwell

My favorite Cars2 Car is Brent Mustangburger... although once I get the Metallic Paint Jeff Gorvette I may have a new one.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

With the new case assortment announcements Race Team Fillmore is now the least produced car (of those produced so far) as a single... Only 2 produced out of 10 cases...

Comment

It's the only one I still need...

Comment

Bumper Save, my local Fred Meyer stores are still pretty well stocked with the first couple cases, so there's a decent chance that there is still a Fillmore or two to be had. Let me know if you'd like me to try to scoop one for you.

Comment

found petrov trunkov, miles axlerod and carla at the ELC store in Edinburgh today...first time I have seen Miles and Petrov. Nothing else new but bought 2 speedway cases for GBP 5 each from asda and the siddley and barrell blowout playsets for GBP 5 too!!

Comment

First UK sighting of these cars - I'll get the matrix updated!

Comment

Would be interested to know if Miles & Petrov were US Packaging. Great Find...

Comment

all were US packaging...

Comment

Working...
                              X