Spotlight Revisited - djjd21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlight Revisited - djjd21

Welcome to Spotlight Revisited... where we take another look at PCD members... Up next, PCD moderator from Wales... here's djjd21!

1. How long have you been collecting Cars? How long have you been a member of PCD?

I have been purchasing cars since 2006 when the first film came out and have been collecting seriously since 2010 and joined PCD in January 2012

2. What has changed since your original "Spotlight Interview"?

Not much really,just taking things one step at a time.

3. How has your Cars collecting changed?

I now only collect carded/boxed cars with the odd loose ones(mainly backdoor cars that are unreleased)

4. How does your current enthusiasm for Cars compare to before the launch of Cars2?

As strong as ever,my only complaints are distribution and pricing .

5. What are your most unique items in your Cars collection?

Kabuto with Flames (the original backdoor version with the different eyes and mouth,not like the recent remake of a standard kabuto made into the one with flames), my most recent acquisition of a loose John Lassetire surf truck and my PCD personalised mug and mouse mat

6. Assuming you could have a 2 week vacation anywhere in the world... where you like to go and what would you like to do?

I think it would have to be The Great Barrier reef and would like to swim with a whale shark.

7. What is your favorite part of PCD?

I always check out the articles as they're always a pretty good read and also a great reference.

8. What would you like to see added to PCD?

I would like to see more interaction with children,be it puzzles,games,drawings to print off etc.

9. Do you regularly check out the PCD Facebook group?

I do now yes.

10. What Cars items not in your collection would you most like to be able to add to your collection?

New York toyfair Lightning McQueen,Boxed SOTS set,French promo Gask its and the 2 Case P superchases Russian racer and Memo Rojas Jr.

11. Which store is your favorite to shop for Cars?

Smyths toys (UK),they just always seem to have what I'm looking for.

12. How do you feel about some of the more rare Cars items being re-released?

In all honesty,i welcome it,however this must only be done on mainline cars,exclusives,promo's etc. should remain as they are and never have a re-release elsewhere.

13. What unreleased Cars items would you like to see released?

Sparkplug aliens,Circus cars,Trev diesel,ALL Haulers,ALL Crew sets

14. Approximately how many Cars do you now have in your collection?

I would say about a 1000,many of which are repeats

15. How many custom Cars do you have in your collection?

None whatsoever.

16. What else do you collect?

We also have lots of Lego (City,Technic,Star Wars),Hot wheels,a few Star Wars collectables and have a huge collection of 12" records(vinyls)

17. iPhone or Android phone?

Android

18. Anything else?
    Roll on Cars 3 ...Ka Ciao For now

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Great to learn more about you, Jason... You've got some great Cars in your collection that I don't have... I'd like to see Mattel release a lot of the same Cars that you mention... and I agree with you about price and distribution being a problem.

I'd like to see pictures when you get to the Great Barrier Reef! I imagine some of our members have no idea what you mean by vinyl records... I have some as well as some 45s and may even have a few 78s... cassette tapes... more media that people may not know.

And we can make sure you get a custom Car in your collection... the PCD Custom Racer!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Nice to learn more things about you!
      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

nice to learn more about you that wasn't asked the first time

Comment

Nice to learn more about you. Spotlight Revisited is a great idea - my old one is embarrassing to read now

Comment

Pleasant update read. I had forgotten about the Sparkplug aliens. I would like to see the beatle bugs too.
            May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Working...
            X