Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tach-O-Mint with plastic tires is coming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tach-O-Mint with plastic tires is coming!

Posted by Met on TakeFiveADay this morning... Tach-O-Mint with plastic tires is coming in the first singles case of 2015:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2014/08/...there-was-one/

So far the only releases of Tach-O-Mint have been:

Plastic tires: Speedway of the South set

Rubber tires: Kmart 5 Cars Collector event

We'd seen prototypes of a Tach-O-Mint Pit Row Race-off launcher back in August 2009 (http://www.takefiveaday.com/2009/08/...aunchers-next/) - it was on display in a special Cars display at the Peterson Museum that year... but it never was released.

Thanks for the great news!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

This will be neat to have. It will certainly bring down the original's price, but at people can have him, like me! I am both excited and not excited for his re-release.
    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Very excited.

Comment

To update you on the Tach O Mint Launcher, Chris, those were shown at SDCC in 2009 and not the Peterson Museum.

I'm very excited to see Tach O Mint finally getting the spotlight he deserved. I'll be buying multiples of this guy.

Comment

I can't wait for his release!

Comment

Wish I hadn't bought big off eBay to complete my racers set now!

Comment

I'm fine with the rubber tire release. Our Piston Cup Car collection is a mix of rubber and plastic tires, so I'm not really excited for this. I guess it is cool for the completists though.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                I'm fine with the rubber tire release. Our Piston Cup Car collection is a mix of rubber and plastic tires, so I'm not really excited for this. I guess it is cool for the completists though.
                ditto.

Comment

We've learned a little more about the first case today from Met at TakeFiveADay.com... it looks like one each of:
                  Tach O Mint
                  Chauncy Fares (first release as a single - was in a Target exclusive 7 pack)
                  Hooman (first release as a single - was in the Target exclusive Speedway 9 pack)
                  Marty Brakeburst
                  Andrea

But everything else in the case was supposedly released in 2013 or 2014... that's not good news at all.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                    We've learned a little more about the first case today from Met at TakeFiveADay.com... it looks like one each of:
                    Tach O Mint
                    Hooman (first release as a single - was in the Target exclusive Speedway 9 pack)
                    Marty Brakeburst
                    Andrea

But everything else in the case was supposedly released in 2013 or 2014... that's not good news at all.
                    That's just one case though. BTW, when will Cars 3 come out?

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                      Tach O Mint
                      Marty Brakeburst
                      Andrea

I thought Hooman was released as a single. You may be thinking of Houser Boon?

Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

There is a new variant of the Piston Cup racers where the entire eye-piece is a flat decal, instead of sculpted-in eyebrows like every Piston Cup car prior to this year. The flat-eye variant is available on all of the 2014 Piston Cup racers in singles and Movie Moments (unsure about the launchers) but people have also found the 2014 cars with the old-style sculpted eyes. Moral of that story is, I hope Tach-O-Mint is released with the sculpted eyes next year like he was in the MSOTS set, because if not, that's a new variant and I will STILL be in search of the MSOTS version after finding the single.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                          There is a new variant of the Piston Cup racers where the entire eye-piece is a flat decal, instead of sculpted-in eyebrows like every Piston Cup car prior to this year. The flat-eye variant is available on all of the 2014 Piston Cup racers in singles and Movie Moments (unsure about the launchers) but people have also found the 2014 cars with the old-style sculpted eyes. Moral of that story is, I hope Tach-O-Mint is released with the sculpted eyes next year like he was in the MSOTS set, because if not, that's a new variant and I will STILL be in search of the MSOTS version after finding the single.
                          I wish I hadn't just read your post. Ignorance is bliss...

Comment

Originally posted by RRichie09 View Post
                            I wish I hadn't just read your post. Ignorance is bliss...
                            that's how I felt before someone else posted about those on another site. Knowledge is power (for Mattel to take our money even more)

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                              The launchers have the older style eyes at least Vitoline and Leakless do. Those are the two my son has.

Comment

Working...
                              X