Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2014 Finds - Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
    I've found Tokyo mater singles in Asda Fareham, Asda lower earley (reading), Asda Basingstoke and Asda Farnborough. Not seen patokaa yet but managed to get kyandee for my daughter. I've seen Todd in the wild about 5 times, and Hugo a lot more, Denise only twice. If anyone wants me to pick up anything and post on let me know. Interestingly, I've only seen the Tokyo mater boxsets in one of those Asda's and the shelf label with no stock in another. Does anyone know of any other Walmart boxsets on uk shores in asda other than the Tokyo mater/manji/teki one, as that's all I've seen 4 times - am I missing other ones?
    Yes Mater the greater box set I have seen...

Comment

Ah, ok; I have that one thanks to Jeff, I am hoping there will be one that actually has mater the greater in!

Comment

My sainsburys had two more Ivan's in if anyone still needs him (at 9.99 tho he is expensive!). They had also reduced the neons down to Ł2.99 each and had the Todd case in.

My Asda's seem to have DLMQ, DPM and Komodo as peg warmers at the moment, plus sometimes manji but patokaa and kyandee are always gone (I've yet to see patokaa on a UK shelf!).

Comment

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
          My sainsburys had two more Ivan's in if anyone still needs him (at 9.99 tho he is expensive!). They had also reduced the neons down to Ł2.99 each and had the Todd case in.

My Asda's seem to have DLMQ, DPM and Komodo as peg warmers at the moment, plus sometimes manji but patokaa and kyandee are always gone (I've yet to see patokaa on a UK shelf!).
          If the case contents follow those in the US, Patokaa is in case B along with Kaa Reesu. If you've got or seen Kaa Reesu that means that case B is out?

Comment

If kaa reesu is the darker one that looks like manji then I think I did see that in Asda, there was only one of him though. I'm not 100% sure, maybe it was manji and the light was low...

Comment

At least I haven't kept missing patokaa as I had thought. Do we know how many toon box variants came out in the states and what we may still have to expect?

Comment

Saw a full new jungle miles deluxe case in sainsburys. It's the first time I've seen this set since I bought a set quite some time ago. The deluxes seem to have dried up most places around me; Asda sold off their overload of waiter maters for Ł4.49 and no longer seem to stock deluxes at all. I wonder if waiter mater burned them sufficiently to stop the deluxe line altogether...mattell strikes with another mater/zen that was probably the cause of no more doubles in the UK!

Comment

I finally got a Louie Larue, David Hobbscap and Holley Shiftwell. I found them at ASDA (Long Eaton, Derbyshire).

I looked in the toy aisle and there were loads of Toon singles (case A), Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars stuffed in the bins on the bottom shelf. When I stepped back, I noticed that there was a singles case (opened) on the top shelf.

There was a member of staff nearby. She was on her lunch break, but voluntarily offered to get a ladder and get the case down! Now that's customer service - TRU take note!

Although the case had been opened, it had all 24 cars in it. The case was 988U (but over-stickered with 998U). Datestamp was 1084EAA.

The contents were confirmed as follows:

HOLLEY SHIFTWELL (with Screen) - 1
                  NIGEL GEARSLEY - 1
                  WINGO (with Flames) - 1
                  MAX SCHNELL - 1
                  RACE TOW TRUCK TOM - 2
                  DOC HUDSON - 1
                  SIDEWALL SHINE No. 74 - 2
                  KABUTO - 2
                  CRUISIN' LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 2
                  BRAND NEW MATER - 1
                  WGP LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Racing Wheels) - 3
                  HYDRAULIC RAMONE - 1
                  DAVID HOBBSCAP (with Headset) - 1
                  SUKI - 1
                  RACE TEAM FILLMORE (with Headset) - 1
                  FIBER FUEL No. 56 - 1
                  LOUIS LARUE - 1
                  LUIGI & GUIDO - 1

Comment

As a result of the 998U case being released in the UK there are just four more international cases to be released.

The next one, probably late September / early October will be 988W/998W.

This should contain:

RACE TEAM SARGE (with Headset) - 1
                    NIGEL GEARSLEY (with Flames) - 1
                    NIGEL GEARSLEY - 2
                    RACE TEAM MATER (with Headset) - 1
                    HUDSON HORNET PISTON CUP LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 2
                    FRANCESCO BERNOULLI - 2
                    SPARE O MINT No. 93 - 1
                    LIGHTNING McQUEEN No. 95 - 2
                    DJ (with Flames) - 1
                    RAMONE (Purple) - 2
                    MATER - 1
                    SNOT ROD (with Flames) - 1
                    MATTHEW 'TRUE BLUE' McCREW - 1
                    CARLA VELOSO - 1
                    LIZZIE - 1
                    N2O COLA No. 68 - 1
                    LUIGI & GUIDO (with Headsets) - 2
                    MAMA BERNOULLI - 1

This leaves just nine standard singles to be released in the UK (eight in mainland Europe).

LUIGI & GUIDO (with Headsets) ~ W1938-988W/998W
                    MAMA BERNOULLI ~ W1938-988W/998W

SALLY (with Tattoo)
                    MARCELO & MARCO (CHASE)
                    ALBERTO
                    JONATHAN SHIFTKO
                    INTERVIEW FRANCESCO BERNOULLI
                    HENRI MOTISSE

TIMOTHY TWOSTROKE ~ Released in mainland Europe in the first case 998K.

There is one more Deluxe to be released:

ALFREDO

Three more Tokyo Mater singles:

KAA REESU ~ BJR79-999B/C
                    PATOKAA ~ BJR79-999B/C
                    ITO SAN ~ BJR79-999C

Comment

Had a good look around this weekend, on the normal cars front, nothing, no sign of case 998U anywhere. All Tesco's and Sainsbury's visited had lots of the previous cases and a number of clip strips. So not expecting to see new stock anytime soon. My local Asda only had a single clip strip. Asda in Slough appears to be having a major toy reset as the main toy isle was closed off.

Neon's in both Tesco's and Sainsburys at 2.99

Radiator Springs classics found in Disney, Smyths, Toymaster and another local toy store all at 7.99

Deluxe range only seen in Sainsburys and basically was only the first two cases, and none of the newer cases.

As for the Tokyo series, found in one Asda, so finally got Manji and Drift Party Mater, which were the last two they had

Comment

Has anybody seen the antonio tent set? It's the last one I need to complete the row.

I find toons almost daily if anybody needs them, going to my local asda living tomorrow and another 2 mega stores

Comment

Not seen the Antonio tent set, I believe I saw on Take 5, they are also doing Sun Wing as a tent set. Do you have the Judge Davis set?

Comment

Originally posted by foxrfc View Post
                            Not seen the Antonio tent set, I believe I saw on Take 5, they are also doing Sun Wing as a tent set. Do you have the Judge Davis set?
                            I have the judge Davis set just waiting to find antonio now

On a different note I found the case Nigel mentioned with Louis in, oddly the only car I did to see or missed out on was holly with screen.
                            This was found at asda living

Comment

One of my local Asda is full of launchers again (including vitoline and octane gain) and also had 6 gift packs (4 Tokyo mater and 2 mater the greater lmq packs). If anyone needs any of these picking up, let me know as I will be near there again tomorrow.

Comment

Finally got a Patokaa, courtesy of FongKX

Comment

Working...
                                X