Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2014 Finds - Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
    The clipstrips in this particular store were international so I assume they are the same barcode as they all are. I think sainsburys are just terrible at changing price labels in some stores (a bit like TRU!)
    The clipstrips I saw were all international carded too. They actually have a 'clipstrip barcode' sticker over the original barcode.

As we have seen in the past, just about anything can appear in the clipstrip assortments as they effectively represent Mattel clearing out stocks ready for new stocks.

Comment

• I found the same clip strips in Sainsbury's yesterday. The Cars from the clip strips had a sticker over the barcode so they ring through at £4.99. The Cars without the sticker on the back rang through at £5.49. I picked up Alberto and Tim and also the King on 2014 card but with 'Strip Weathers' written in big black writing on the back of the card.

Comment

• I was looking through my database of case release dates (or when the first reported siting in stores).

There has not been any new cases released after the end of November since before Cars 2.

Unless retailers have got a few cases in warehouses, we've probably seen the last of the 2014 cases? It's possible that the final case will not be seen in the UK.

Cars 2

The final case was 998G (2642EAA). Released 02.11.2012. Mattel failed to release the final four cars. The last two cases were cancelled. Case 998H (3052EAA) was effectively the clipstrip case at Tesco.

This was followed by the first 2013 cases 3072EAA date stamps.

Cars 2013

The final case was 998F (2483EAA). Released 24.11.2013. There was a similar 994F (3053EAA) case redirected from Europe to cater for the demand.

The first 2014 case in the UK had a date stamp 3333EAA.

Cars 2014

The last case to be released was 995B (1904EAA). Released 26.11.2014.

If there is one small piece of hope it's the date stamp being much earlier for the 995B case. The previous case 998Y is still appearing with date stamps 2204EAA onwards.

Comment

• Found the Ice Racers in Asda on Saturday when doing our 'big' Christmas grocery shop. I picked up three but didn't realise until I got home and looked at the receipt they were priced at £7.97 each. I almost fell off my chair! Since when has any other shop been more expensive than TRU?! In my experience- never! I didn't buy them from TRU at £6.99 as I thought that was steep! Oh well!

Comment

• The price of these ice racers is disgusting. I'm gonna get mine from the US as $5 for the same item is more tempting
            If cars keep increasing here then the end of this line is nearer than we think. Not only that but the kids will steal more.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
              The price of these ice racers is disgusting. I'm gonna get mine from the US as $5 for the same item is more tempting
              If cars keep increasing here then the end of this line is nearer than we think. Not only that but the kids will steal more.
              I think you're right. If you look at the estimated sales figures in the UK, there were 22,000 cases of standard singles in 2013.

So far there have been (maximum) 18,000 for 2014.

For comparison, there were 24,000 in 2012 and that was considered a 'bad' year!

It's highly likely that prices could rise to £6.99 and the specials like Ice Racers could be £7.99.

In the very unlikely event that deluxe and doubles make it to the UK, they'll be £13.99 or £14.99.

Comment

• couple of points,
                got ice hamilton when he first came out to display with my unopened stuff, the rest can wait, probably they will be like neons and get reduced way down
                king, strip weathers, on the int card does it say strip on the front or is it just on the back, if its the latter that will be a waste of time really
                nothing new to report as I havnt had much time to go "carsing"
                anyone know when the disney sale starts? hopefully the big fire and rescue set will come down again
                happy chrimbo everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                  couple of points,
                  got ice hamilton when he first came out to display with my unopened stuff, the rest can wait, probably they will be like neons and get reduced way down
                  king, strip weathers, on the int card does it say strip on the front or is it just on the back, if its the latter that will be a waste of time really
                  nothing new to report as I havnt had much time to go "carsing"
                  anyone know when the disney sale starts? hopefully the big fire and rescue set will come down again
                  happy chrimbo everyone
                  Happy Christmas to you matey!

I can answer your question about the King /Strip, his name ' Strip Weathers' only appears on the back of the card, just the usual picture on the front. So yes, a waste of cash picking him up unless you are a cardboard collector.
                  Cheers

Comment

• Ice Racers are now in Smyths, unfortunately at the £7.99 price

Comment

• Another find today, The Disney Store have all of the Radiator Springs 500 1/2 series at £3.99 each. Most of the other Disney Cars and Planes are also 50% off

Comment

• yeah, and the 3 pack is only 7.49, now that is a superb price
                        unfortunately the big planes box set had gone, still , saved myself some dosh by not having to buy it
                        did my usual "carsing" destinations , but bought nought!!!
                        Originally posted by foxrfc View Post
                        Another find today, The Disney Store have all of the Radiator Springs 500 1/2 series at £3.99 each. Most of the other Disney Cars and Planes are also 50% off

Comment

Working...
                        X