No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2014 Finds - Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found Louis in tesco home today in Hartcliffe, Bristol.

Checked out the nearby home sense store but they had no cars at all.

Comment

TRU had Hydro Racer 4 packs in stock, very expensive at £24.99 and not something I collect. However, they are Cars after all so I thought I would share. What do you guys think of these?

There were also Planes to choose from:

I know these are kids toys (so are the die-cast's right?) but I can't see many adult collectors wanting these, unless they are too cheap to pass up.

Comment

Up in London today for football and came across Grem with camera, Towin' Eoin and Jungle Miles in Harrods. At £12.95 each they stayed there.

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
          TRU had Hydro Racer 4 packs in stock, very expensive at £24.99 and not something I collect. However, they are Cars after all so I thought I would share. What do you guys think of these?

There were also Planes to choose from:

I know these are kids toys (so are the die-cast's right?) but I can't see many adult collectors wanting these, unless they are too cheap to pass up.
          First sighting of Hydro Wheels in UK? The little guy loves his hydro LMQ in the bath (Francesco about to join him c/o Scav) but I never thought they'd ever make it here.

They are fun but way too expensive and as a 4-pack, these will be discounted before long. Why not as singles? I'd grab the pair of 'copters in a heartbeat as he'd love them. Otherwise if someone wants a Dusty and Dipper, just shout.

p.s. Haven't forgotten about Le Prince my friend, he's packed ready for the PO when I get back

Comment

Originally posted by StuartW View Post
            Found Louis in tesco home today in Hartcliffe, Bristol.

Checked out the nearby home sense store but they had no cars at all.
            Has Louis been sighted anywhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              Has Louis been sighted anywhere else?
              Some ASDA stores got him between one to two weeks ago. However, some stores that I'd seen the case (but the three new cars had gone) have subsequently got more deliveries of Tokyo Mater singles.

Since it had been reported that Tesco had the Louis case, I've had a look there, but most of the stores in South West London and into West Surrey have had very little. Indeed, since their refit, Tesco have been carrying less toys and less all non-food stuff. Prices are at the higher levels than their direct competitors, so it's not really surprised their profits are down and many customers with limited budgets are shopping at the budget supermarkets.

Comment

Well, walked into TRU today eager to see if there were any new Cars just as a delivery was hitting the shop floor. There were boxes everywhere! Hot Wheels, Planes Deluxe, Neon Racers and RS500 -but no Cars. I waited around for a while looking for a member of staff to ask, when out of the blue an employee walks down the die-cast isle and on top of his full cart was a box of Cars. It was the U case and here are the contents:

Here is what was inside:

But wait, there is a Car missing! Not so fast Louis - I have been looking for you and your not going to mime your way out of this one! Louis was my only purchase. I want Holly with the new screen too but at £5.99 I'll wait and see if I can score her elsewhere. I was very chuffed to finally get Louis!

The Planes Deluxe case was assortment 'A' and there were 2 boxes, so no Ryker today. Also the RS500 case was the a case first batch without the off road Mater. Looks like I can scrub TRU from my list of places to hunt for the next month or so!

Comment

Ha ha nice score Vandance and by weird coincidence, here was tonight's random find...

Comment

Ha ha nice score Vandance and by weird coincidence, here was tonight's random find...

Haha! Great find Enzo. Glad you managed to bag yourself a Louis, he is a great casting with lots of character. A keeper for sure. £6.99 is a hefty price tag but I wouldn't have passed him up either!

Hope the luck continues. Cheers

Comment

Nice finds on Louis Larue, VANDANCE and Enzo... that's one Car that I've yet to see in stores... and even though I have a couple from friends, I'll pay up to TRU price when I find my first in a store.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                        Nice finds on Louis Larue, VANDANCE and Enzo... that's one Car that I've yet to see in stores... and even though I have a couple from friends, I'll pay up to TRU price when I find my first in a store.
                        you live in the wrong area cac1959

I have found 4 of them so far

Comment

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                          Haha! Great find Enzo. Glad you managed to bag yourself a Louis, he is a great casting with lots of character. A keeper for sure. £6.99 is a hefty price tag but I wouldn't have passed him up either!

Hope the luck continues. Cheers
                          Not a £ sign

Comment

Not a £ sign
                            Does that mean you are in the Republic of Ireland?

Comment

I thought this was an interesting find in Poundland as its a 1:55 plastic version of tongue out LMQ

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                                Does that mean you are in the Republic of Ireland?
                                Correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X