Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many other Cars collectors have you met in person?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many other Cars collectors have you met in person?

Last night GOMATERGO and I took advantage of an opportunity to meet Ferris in southwest Ohio... we had a great time... dinner at Smashburger:

(left to right: Ferris, cac1959, GOMATERGO)

And then we went to a few stores in search of Cars.

During the years I've now met 11 other collectors in person... about half of them no longer collect... kids grow up and move onto other things... I've shared over the years that my wife thought Cars was just a phase I was going through and that's I'd move on... that was 8 years ago... I think she realizes now that I'm not going to.

e.davies1, fire1035, CptMorgan1972, GOMATERGO, and Ferris are the ones I've met in person still collecting... I'd like to meet more of you that I've traded with in person... you know what it's like to collect and obsess over Cars... it takes one to know one and to understand one...

I'm not sure I'll make it out of the USA... but if I get the chance to take a vacation to another part of the US I'd like to meet more of my trading partners.

How many other Cars collectors have you met in person? If you haven't, I hope you get the chance to.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I haven't seen anyone that I know from PCD at stores or anywhere.
    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

I have met about 5 or 6 other collectors in person including Bobbyjack, KKandPPcars, and Carsdiecast08, from here.

I enjoy it as well. It's too bad we didnt have more flexibility when driving through Indiana last winter, or I would've met you as well, Chris.
      Last edited by Raginpage; 09-06-2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

of the PCD users I have only met cac1959 that I know of, but have met 5 other local collectors who I am not sure have accounts here

Comment

I'm disappointed that you didn't embellish this post a little, with a story or two about getting arrested after a bar fight or something. :-)

I'd also like to know how the three of you fairly and equitably went Cars hunting. ;-)

But in all seriousness, I've met several local collectors through the years, mostly at the Kmart Collector Events, but no one who regularly posts on PCD, CTT, or Take5.

I still regret not driving an hour or so to meet CAC1959 on his Route 66 journey a few years ago -- I'm sorry Chris!

BigMoCats works for my former boss's father-in-law, but again, we've never met.
          Last edited by John in Missouri; 09-06-2014, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
            I'm disappointed that you didn't embellish this post a little, with a story or two about getting arrested after a bar fight or something. :-)

I'd also like to know how the three of you fairly and equitably went Cars hunting. ;-)

But in all seriousness, I've met several local collectors through the years, mostly at the Kmart Collector Events, but no one from PCD, CTT, or Take5.

BigMoCats works for my former boss's father-in-law, but again, we've never met.

I've spoken with many people on the phone or via Skype.
            I've chatted with a few - there are several that I either exchange text messages with or message via Facebook.

As far as equitably going Cars hunting... Indiana and Ohio is a very dry area as far as Cars (and Planes) is concerned... Had we found a Louis Larue I'd have let GOMATERGO and Ferris figure out who could have it... I bought the Wild Miles Axelrod for Scavenger since I wasn't sure where the one I previously had for him is... and there were 4 Ryker on the pegs so we all could have bought one and left one on the pegs.

Like you, John, I met a couple people at a couple of the early Kmart Cars Collector Events, but I was the only one who attended 5 of the last 6 at the store I went to first... and going to other Kmarts hours after the event and finding all the event Cars still there... happened more and more frequently.

2 years ago we went to St Louis for spring break and took 3 of our grandchildren... BigMoCats and I talked about getting together while we were there but it didn't work out... I know if I head to Florida, California, New Jersey, or Washington DC there are people I'd try to meet... and one of these days I'll head back to the western Chicago suburbs - be ready, GotFrank... If I hope to travel outside the US I better get a passport.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I haven't met any collectors, But I always expect to see Chris from time to time but I never seen him. Since we're only a state away I'd expect to see him!

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

I've met about 5 or 6. Quite a few in So Cal, so met up and traded. Also met up with CarsinCali a few times to trade and we met up at D23 last year and Lane Change was on vacation for D23 so we all 3 cruised around there. Always good to meet other people so you can prove to your significant other that you're not crazy

Comment

I've met the local guys around here. Raginpage, The Real Tom, Snosno, wblaze, Addie's Daddy, and Cleary's Dad19. Nobody from far away though.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I didnt mention the real Tom or Snosno only because I haven't seen any posts in a while, I've met them too. I probably should have met Ferris by now as often as I am in his neck of the woods. I'll try and give him more of a heads up next time. Maybe we can concoct a trade or something if we need an excuse.

Comment

After three trips to Las Vegas for the DieCastSpace.com super convention I've met several collectors. But the first board member I met in person was xqzme. He was monumental in getting my Radiator Springs built. He is also from Illinois, so we had dinner one night while he was in my neck of the woods. But of the top of my head the collectors I've met in person are:

xqzme
                      musicnywu1
                      Deano
                      Eleete1
                      pitstop (of Las Vegas)
                      Calsonic5 (could have gone without that)
                      JayP (pitstop's cousin)

And a few casual folks who's screen names elude me:
                      Ryan & his wife from Chicago. He did some sweet chrome Cars before China did.
                      Ernie and his cousin. Some Vegas locals who were really into Cars.
                      A couple from Boise, Idaho who came to the show in 2011 just to see the CTT booth.
                      And Allen Gladfelter, while technically not a collector. He was the artist behind the BOOM comics' Cars comicbook. I got to have dinner with him and talk about Cars.

Also I Skype often with Peter McQueen (my evil twin). And Maximus Lay who lives in Indonesia. A little tricky finding a time when the other isn't asleep there!

Networking & getting to know folks has been half the fun in collecting for me. So if ya get a chance to meet another collector. I say go for it, it's great to share your passion with like minded people.
                      Last edited by GotFrank; 09-09-2014, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Just Chris and Steve so far, but with the amount of trades and "e-chatting" I've done with Jim and Brent, I feel like I've met them too!

Comment

Cool how you guys met up! Hope you all had a good time and no Cars-based fights happened in the local stores, lol. I met RPAG two years ago during the summer when my family rolled through his hometown on a family vacation.

Comment

Not a single one unfortunately...but I do wish I could meet some lol.

I don't have a passport at this time so I can't travel to the states...and the only other active Canadian user on the boards is from British Columbia I believe...and that's pretty far to go lol

cac1959 is at least a 10 hour drive...so he's not too far lol

Transformers for Trade
                            Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Never...none...nobody!

Comment

Working...
                              X