Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RTC: Super Chase Carateka and Chase Officer Murakarmi-Twin Sons of Different Mothers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTC: Super Chase Carateka and Chase Officer Murakarmi-Twin Sons of Different Mothers

From time to time Mattel releases a Car that's closely based on or almost identical to a previous mold/model... we're so craving new Cars that we go along with it... time and time again... have they done it again in September 2014? 2014 Singles case J was just released and features Super Chase Carateka - a tribute to the 1984 video game Karateka? Carateka looks a lot like Officer Murakarmi from 2012 singles case E (and also G).

I see the same doors... door handles... body above the tires...

In this installment of Respect the Classics, we'll take a look at a few photos comparing Carateka with Officer Murakarmi.

Super Chase Carateka:

Both:

The back of the top looks the same (just different colors)... the headlights and grill look almost identical to me - if I open Carateka I can get a better look... but I don't open a Super Chase until I get a second of the Car... Carateka's eyes are much larger... and Carateka is smiling; Officer Murakarmi is frowning.

Officer Murakarmi has the light bar on top of the Car... Carateka has the karate headband...

Here's the Carateka cardback:

Left to right: opened Officer Murakarmi, international version of Chase Officer Murakarmi, and Super Chase Carateka:

I really like the international versions of Chase Cars - I like how the name of the Car appears in 10 languages.

Here's Carateka:

It looks like the Porto Corsa "scene" is on the card... just like Super Chase Trike Feldman and Super Chase 95 Fans Guido and Luigi.

And while I like the new Cars, I'm still don't care for the entire Super Chase concept... Mattel adds the Super Chase to get us to buy more Cars that we don't really need or want... I like being able to order cases from online resellers... as Ferris will attest to from 2 recent trips to southwest Ohio, the region that GOMATERGO and I live in is horrible when it comes to Cars distribution in stores... but I also like to purchase Cars in stores, and I've only seen 1 Super Chase in 1 store 1 time - Long Ge at the local Big Lots (from 2012 singles case H).

I'm sure I've got more pictures of Officer Murakrmi somewhere - I'll add them to the article.

I think they're the same body/mold... do you?

Thanks for reading... as always, I appreciate your comments.

Chris

P.S. - how many of you recognized the name of the Dan Fogelberg/Tim Weisberg album in the title of this article? Some of our younger members may need to look those names up on the Internet.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

great article chris! I was just wondering about the size when it came out!...you give me the answer! Thanks!
    My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

Another great article Chris.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Great article!
        Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

You sure it was Long Ge you found at Big Lots or Flash? I don't remember anyone saying they found Long Ge there.

Nice article btw! Sure would have been nice if he wasn't a Super Chase as I would have bought multiples of this guy.

Comment

Nice article Chris!
            I think Carateka is very cool!

Comment

Great article. This car looks nice.
              Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Nice article, Chris!

Comment

I like this mold. I don't have either... But i like them.

Not sure if i will get either of them...but great article nonetheless

Transformers for Trade
                  Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
                    You sure it was Long Ge you found at Big Lots or Flash? I don't remember anyone saying they found Long Ge there.

Nice article btw! Sure would have been nice if he wasn't a Super Chase as I would have bought multiples of this guy.
                    Yes, I'm sure it was Long Ge I found at Big Lots... I also saw Bindo... but Chase Prince Wheeliam was gone... I have a photo on my phone... but the iOS update to 8 changed how the pictures are organized... I know that I sent the photo via text message to a few friends but I don't remember the exact date.

I wish Carateka was not a Super Chase as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                    X