This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2015 Finds - Part 1

For those of you in Great Britain and Northern Ireland, please post your 2015 Cars finds in this thread... Many thanks!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    For those of you in Great Britain and Northern Ireland, please post your 2015 Cars finds in this thread... Many thanks!
    Mattel's two week Christmas close down comes to an end on Monday. Most of the stores I've visited over the last couple of weeks have had almost no Cars singles or other mainline products on display.

The general exceptions have been Disney Store Oxford Street has had loads of old stock, which just hasn't sold. As the numbers on the pegs have reduced, they have topped them up with 995B stock. The newer stock has been put at the front and that's been selling but not the older stuff behind! I have made a few suggestions to the staff but for one reason or another none of them have happened, even if the duty managers agreed that what was happening wasn't right!

Tesco supermarkets have all got a few singles (£6) and deluxe (£12) so they maybe in a position for new stock.

Sainsburys generally have the same levels of singles and older deluxe. Their prices also appear to vary store to store!

ASDA generally have no stock at the moment. As they had a pretty good 2014 there's some hope they might get some new stock soon!? Toon singles (£5), regular singles (£5.97). They did have the Ice Racers, but even at their high price they've just about all gone!

Toymaster have generally got just a few singles. They could be ripe for a delivery?

TRU stock varies from store to store. They generally sold shed loads of Ice Racers at the *bargain* price of £6.99. Regular singles (£5.99) and Classics (£5.49) have also just about sold out in all the stores I've visited. Hopefully, they have learned that they could be a major player if they maintain regular deliveries and stock levels.

Wilko really only carry Cars in the pre-Christmas run up. As they sold most of their stocks (Timothy Twostroke case), they are not really expected to restock. Maybe Mattel is running out of options and could tempt them with a good price?

Department stores generally only carry Cars in the pre-Christmas run up. Bentalls / Fenwicks are the exception. That said, the space devoted to Cars is much reduced from even two years ago. They overstocked on Finn deluxe (didn't everyone?) and now they are quite conservative with their stock levels!

Comment

TRU have reduced the frank tractor tipping playset down from 29.99 to 14.99 if anyone is after it.

Comment

1 just checked the disney website, they have 1.43 cars ice racers twin packs at 12.50, look quite nice and maybe better value than mattels offering
        2 nothing else out there

Comment

One of my local sainsburys had possibly three new different cases in today (the Todd/Hugo case, the geartrude case and the Sally with tattoo case - or is geartrude in that case again?).

Comment

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
            One of my local sainsburys had possibly three new different cases in today (the Todd/Hugo case, the geartrude case and the Sally with tattoo case - or is geartrude in that case again?).
            geartrude is in the case with sally tattoo and alberto in the US

Comment

Oh, ok, thanks carslover - 2 cases then!

Comment

disney store, mattel radiator springs 500.5 are down to 2.49, yeah 2.49, between that and the disney 3 pack now at 7.49, I fairly got stuffed on that, still you cant win them all
                walt 1 boogity 0

infact it may be walt 1 pcd 0 !!!!

Comment

Wow, that's an amazing price on the 500s, my boy is desperate for those but I don't have a disney store anymore! 😭

Comment

Just found these in my local asda can not wait to open them

Comment

Sorry can't seem to post pics but what I found was Antonio tent set judge Davis tent set and dipper

Comment

Not much to report ...

Wilko have reset their stores in the post-Christmas period. The toys section has shrunk considerably. Some stores have replaced some of the toy section with an enlarged gardening section! Cars and Planes are now discontinued. Whether that's just a seasonal situation or a permanent one remains to be seen. Most stores still had some stocks, but they appear to have been moved to a less prominent place (in the stores I have been to in the last few days).

TRU appear to have had deliveries of the last of the current RS Classics singles case (Costanzo Della Corsa). One store I visited (Swansea) had six cases on show! Some stores reported that there will be new deliveries this week, possibly including standard singles that were supposed to be delivered in December. After this, there will be no further orders and deliveries for a few weeks, whilst the company does a full post-Christmas stock check and market / line evaluation.

Comment

@rumblywooby - the mattell dipper is really cool, I was impressed with the landing gear, if only all mattell planes were like that!

Comment

The Radiator Springs 500 1/2 3-Car Gift Pack was originally £20 at ASDA.

It was reduced in the sale to £12. It has been further reduced to £8. The temptation was just too much!

That's our first Cars purchase since Sally/Tattoo and Alberto at the beginning of November!

The TRU stores that I visited that had deliveries this week, didn't get any cars.

It looks like the most recent (if you can call it that?) cars singles are the clipstrip assortments, based on the 995B repeats case. I've now seen that at ASDA, Tesco and Sainsburys.

What has appeared just about everywhere are the Hot Wheels Star Wars singles. They look to be priced around £6 each.

Comment

Morrison's are back in the game! Walked into a branch last night and behold the plastic tub was overflowing with Cars. I could not believe my eyes when I noticed a sealed case of Cars sat next to the full tub. So after my initial excitement I realised the stock was 2014 Cars not 2015 but it was a very strange mix. The sealed case was "B" and was as Nigel described: Todd, Mama B, Sally with Tattoo, Doc, No Stall, Carla w/flames and others. This is a weird mix, a lot of these Cars were released at different times during 2014. So strange to find them in one case. Either way, it's a nice repack selection!

Last edited by VANDANCE; 01-15-2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X