This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great find.
    I know that in the past Sainsburys splits cases at distribution centre and only sends part cases to some stores.

Comment

Good finds hondo, I've not seen that case anywhere yet. I'm not sure about road repair lmq yet, I think I need to see him up close!

Comment

Great finds, Hondo - welcome to PCD! That is the original DJ variant with the blue stripes... he was only recently corrected to show the correct green stripes... thanks for sharing your picture as well.

Congratulations on your awesome finds, boogity - finding both a Super Chase and those new 2 packs would have had me smiling for sure.

Congratulations on finding Super Chase Francesco, VANDANCE! Thanks for the great pictures as well.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Before and after football today (never mind the performance and result), I had a good look around a number of Smyths Toy Superstores in the London area. Another collector did too! Only one of the stores had the US 998F case in and the 'Ciao' Francesco Bernoulli. Although it wasn't intended for the UK, it's still a great feeling to finally find a Super Chase in the UK!

It also visited a number of ASDA, Tesco and especially Sainsburys. Stock levels varied considerably. A couple of stores had 250-300 old 2014 cars, many on clipstrips, but a couple had none. All reported no current plans for new stocks (Sainsburys). Oh well, the wait goes on!
          Last edited by niftynigel; 02-28-2015, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Got bored watching TV this evening so I decided to brave the rain and do an evening run to Sainsbury's in seach of some more 2015's. Had a bit of a result. Guess that makes me two for two now Boogity?

Comment

well done, but you may get that telly back on and watch the boxing its on at 10.50, boxing taken over to night in belfast!
              Originally posted by Hondo View Post
              Got bored watching TV this evening so I decided to brave the rain and do an evening run to Sainsbury's in seach of some more 2015's. Had a bit of a result. Guess that makes me two for two now Boogity?

Comment

Congratulations on finding a Super Chase, niftynigel!

More great finds, Hondo - way to go.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Found Bumper Save & Shifty Drug today & Tesco

Comment

Tesco? That's good news. I found a 2015 pit crew Guido today - only got him as he's a variant. it seems the new cars are appearing albeit slowly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Stickers View Post
                      Congratulations!

That's the first siting of the 959D case outside of Smyths and Disney Stores, both of whom imported directly from Mattel Europe.

So we have 959D and 959F in circulation. It was reported that Mattel had 959D, 959E and 959F and they should all be in general circulation before the end of March. Also the first deluxe should be here very soon too.

Comment

• looking forward to going into work in the morning!
                        Originally posted by Nick Stickers View Post

Comment

• Before and after football tonight, I did three ASDA, three Tesco, two Morrisons and two Sainsburys. Nothing!

I was about five miles from home and it was 2250, but I decided to do one more Sainsburys.

When I went there last week, they had about 150-200 cars, many on clipstrips dotted around the store, so the chances of finding anything were slim!

I turned into the toy aisle and almost by homing device I could see a folded up W1938-959F (3334EAA) case! They must've literally put the case out a few minutes earlier.

I had just five minutes to get the cars I needed and get them paid for!

I picked up Luke Pettlework, Dash Boardman, Ron Hover, Pit Crew Member Guido, Ryan Shields, Road Repair Lightning McQueen and DJ (just because it was a variant).

There was just one autotill in operation. I managed to get the last car through and paid by 2259. Phew!

(At 2300 the tills close down). I was the last customer and they closed / locked the door just after I left!

I noticed that some of the repeated cars had the new rear card design, but the seven I purchased were similar to the 2014 cards. On the new cards the words CONTENTS in four languages is in a large box across the whole of the card, whereas the old cards it's in a small box down the bottom of the card.

I'll try and post some pictures by the weekend (unless someone beats me to it).

Comment

• Great find, niftynigel... looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Comment

• Congrats niftynigel. Persistence pays off! I tried two Tesco's, two Sainsbury's and an ASDA and found nothing new. I did notice that Cars are selling like hot cakes though. On a visit to a Sainsbury's on Saturday there must've been 100 Cars on display. There were three left today.

Comment

• So that's why they call you Nifty...in and out the store in a flash! Great scores and nice to hear 2015 cases are around. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                                X