Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WH Smiths has been toy dead in all my areas for a long time. I don't even go in there anymore to look at the dusty full price (or more!) lego that is tucked up behind an unmanned counter. I thought the chain was going to die off a few years ago but it seems to be hanging on.

Comment

• I finally found tach o mint in Asda today. He was on a mint card (albeit with a "new" barcode sticker over his barcode that seemed to be the same anyway?) but that has since been torn to bits by my boy who has wanted this car for ages. I may need to find another for my daughter who has also taken a shine to him, she calls him the Christmas car!
      I was also pleasantly surprised to find that he has fully moulded eyes/brows which has not been common on his casting shape of pcr of late (ie vitoline from the launcher pack) which have had flat eyes...)

Comment

• Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
        I finally found tach o mint in Asda today. He was on a mint card (albeit with a "new" barcode sticker over his barcode that seemed to be the same anyway?) but that has since been torn to bits by my boy who has wanted this car for ages. I may need to find another for my daughter who has also taken a shine to him, she calls him the Christmas car!
        I was also pleasantly surprised to find that he has fully moulded eyes/brows which has not been common on his casting shape of pcr of late (ie vitoline from the launcher pack) which have had flat eyes...)
        Congrats on the find.

Are they still £4 ?

Comment

• Great finds, everyone!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2015 Finds - Part 1

No, sadly they are £5.97 ($8.82 in the UKs Walmart!)
            Last edited by BirchTiger; 03-19-2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Popped into Asda on way home from office and they had Jonathan Shiftko, Henri Motisse case. They were priced at £5
              No 2015 cards.

Comment

• Finally some new cars in my Asda but looks like a missed some of the case. Did manage to get Chauncy Fares for £5, the box is stamped 3404EAA

Comment

• Not sure whether or not this was already mentioned or not but the entertainer also has the twin packs now. I picked up the race fans and it was £9.75.

Comment

• Found these chaps lurking in TRU today. If it wasn't enough of a result finding all three of these boys, the Cars singles and Deluxe were also on offer 3 for 2. Happy days!

Comment

• Went on a bit of a hunt today and managed to buy Tex, Heavy Metal McQueen, Rocky and Eddie, and Dr Abschlepp Wagen in ASDA. I left Rescue Squad Trooper and Kabuto Ninja on the shelves as I couldn't really justify spending £5.97 each on them. I was really after a Tach O Mint or Hooman but I can't complain!
                      I saw that Toys R Us are doing a 3 for 2 on Mattel Cars toys. They had the 2014 double packs in store and the shelves were looking pretty bare. I hope that the 3 for 2 offer might clear out some of the peg warmers that have been there for years and they get some fresh stock in.

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                        Found these chaps lurking in TRU today. If it wasn't enough of a result finding all three of these boys, the Cars singles and Deluxe were also on offer 3 for 2. Happy days!

Hopefully this means that the 2015 singles case 959E will follow from ASDA to TRU?

I did about 20 ASDA over the weekend. Most had the 2015 959E case and there was a definite pattern. Most of them only put 12 cars out in the new Easter display. Most of the cards were damaged! OK, most of the damage was minor, but still, they weren't mini/near mint quality cards as a result.

I did pick up an Andrea, on what was probably the best card so far.

Usually Mattel import about 2,000 of each case (average). It would appear that there are only about 500 of each of the 959D, 959E and 959F cases. This maybe just the initial batch. There maybe some more but in order to keep up with the release timetable, there may not be any more of them. It looks like all the 959D and 959F cases are fully allocated and most are in Sainsburys and Tesco warehouses / distribution centres!? There are still some 959E cases, hence my thought that TRU may get that one next.

There are 52 different cars in the first three cases all of which will be repeated in later cases, some more often than others!

The next due out is 959G. This has already appeared in Europe and the US.

WGP LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 1
                        MAX SCHNELL - 2
                        KEVIN RACINGTIRE (SHIFTY DRUG) - 1
                        MATER - 1
                        RAMONE (Yellow) - 1
                        SHERIFF - 1
                        LUIGI & GUIDO - 1
                        DINOCO LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 2
                        NIGEL GEARSLEY - 1
                        BRAND NEW MATER - 1
                        THE KING - 1
                        SARGE - 1
                        DJ - 1
                        JEFF GORVETTE - 1
                        DETERMINED LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 3
                        JUMPSTART J. WARD - 1
                        CRUZ BESOURO - 1
                        OKUNI - 1
                        BERT - 1
                        MARIO ANDRETTI - 1

This case is due to be released in the UK after the Easter holidays. Quite where they'll go is anyone's guess!

I would suspect that Sainsburys and Tesco will be encouraged to put their remaining 2014 cars on sale to make room for their 2015 cases. As the 2015 cases and cars haven't really been found in that many places, they'll probably sell well when they are. This should give a little bit of a momentum going forward for the release of the 959G case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hondo View Post
                          Went on a bit of a hunt today and managed to buy Tex, Heavy Metal McQueen, Rocky and Eddie, and Dr Abschlepp Wagen in ASDA. I left Rescue Squad Trooper and Kabuto Ninja on the shelves as I couldn't really justify spending £5.97 each on them. I was really after a Tach O Mint or Hooman but I can't complain!
                          I saw that Toys R Us are doing a 3 for 2 on Mattel Cars toys. They had the 2014 double packs in store and the shelves were looking pretty bare. I hope that the 3 for 2 offer might clear out some of the peg warmers that have been there for years and they get some fresh stock in.
                          Great finds! Hopefully, they'll manage to get all eight Toon singles out this time?

Mattel/ASDA only managed to get five of last years eight Toon singles out. The first 2014 Toon case (A) lasted from August 2014 to a couple of weeks ago!

We've got them from the US this time around, not wanting to take any chances on missing out!

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                            Great finds! Hopefully, they'll manage to get all eight Toon singles out this time?

Mattel/ASDA only managed to get five of last years eight Toon singles out. The first 2014 Toon case (A) lasted from August 2014 to a couple of weeks ago!

We've got them from the US this time around, not wanting to take any chances on missing out!
                            The cards all had what looked to be European Walmart stickers on them so who knows what we'll end up getting! It looked like ASDA had a fresh delivery of the Rescue Squad and Tokyo Mater 3 packs as well as there were stacks of them!

Comment

• My wife found Jonathan shiftko in sainsburys today so it seems they also have this case

Comment

• Is it ok to post new finds now?

Comment

Working...
                                X