• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
    how much was r m in asda?
    It was marked at 10.49

Comment

• I have to confess to going on a bit of a spending spree recently at TRU!

A couple of weeks ago, I saw the TRACTOR STAMPEDE. It was a bit overpriced at £29.99 but I had some TRU vouchers that needed to be spent, so they came in handy so soften the blow! As the RS Classics is my personal favourite series, I may well have paid the full £29.99 if I had too!

On an unplanned trip to a large TRU, I purchased the four latest deluxe DOUG RM, TERRY GONG, FABULOUS DOC HUDSON (with Stand) and ACER (with Luggage Cart). TRU were happy to price match (and said if I found them even cheaper still, come back and they'll refund the difference)!

On the same trip, they also had the latest three 3-Car Packs (WELCOME TO RADIATOR SPRINGS, TIME TO CRUISE and MAIN STREET EVENT) at £14.99. Being a RS Classic fan (sucker), I bough the lot! The MAIN STREET EVENT is actually a reissue of FIXIN' THE ROAD from 2012. We didn't get it first time around so it was pleasing to get it this time around. Again, those TRU vouchers came in handy to soften the flow!

They also had the 963M and 963N cases. I purchased GEARETT TAYLOR as I had already picked up MILES AXLEROD (with Microphone) and OKUNI from ASDA couple of days before.

Now I'm broke!
      Last edited by niftynigel; 10-15-2015, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• To confirm the case contents of the two latest singles cases ...

W1938-963M (Disney 28.08.2015; TRU 08.09.2015; Sainsburys 17.09.2015; ASDA 21.09.2015; Toymaster 24.09.2015) (1635EAA; 1695EAA)

MIGUEL CAMINO - 1
        CHICK HICKS - 1
        KEVIN RACINGTIRE (SHIFTY DRUG) (Pink Version) - 1
        MATER - 1
        RAMONE (Yellow) - 1
        WINGO - 1
        DINOCO LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 2
        RAOUL CaROULE - 1
        DEXTER HOOVER (with Yellow Flag) - 1
        BRAND NEW MATER - 1
        PIT CREW MEMBER FILLMORE - 1
        THE KING - 1
        HOOMAN (with Camera) - 1
        TIMOTHY TWOSTROKE - 1
        DETERMINED LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 3
        BERT - 1
        LIZZIE - 1
        BRENT MUSTANGBURGER (with Headset) - 1
        NAT McLUGNUT & MICHAEL HONKSEL - 1
        SCOTT SPARK - 1
        HARUMI - 1

W1938-963N (Sainsburys 09.10.2015; ASDA 10.10.2015; TRU 12.10.2015) (1855EAA; 2065EAA)

WGP LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 2
        MAX SCHNELL - 1
        PONCHY WIPEOUT (BUMPER SAVE No.90) - 1
        RAMONE (Yellow) - 1
        SHERIFF - 1
        LUIGI & GUIDO - 1
        SNOT ROD (with Flames) - 1
        PIT CREW MEMBER SARGE - 1
        BRAND NEW MATER - 2
        CRUISIN' LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 2
        CARLA VELOSO - 1
        RYAN SHIELDS (VIEW ZEEN) - 1
        DJ - 1
        CHISAKI - 1
        MARIO ANDRETTI - 1
        FILLMORE - 1
        SUKI - 1
        SIREN CARBARINI - 1
        MILES AXLEROD (with Microphone) - 1
        OKUNI - 1
        GEARETT TAYLOR - 1

Comment

• Just found gearett Taylor and miles with microphone in my local asdaimage.jpg

Comment

• RS 500 cars are £3.99 in TRU, if anyone needs any grabbing please give me a nudge

Comment

• sainsbury, found a sel for deluxe reduced to 3 quid, had a root about the back of the bottom shelf and found 2 tractors, result

6 quid for 2 tractors, then remembered I had a fiver of nectar points to redeem, that left a quid to pay, then found a pound coin in my pocket which i,d forgotten about!

"dance boogity wonderland"

Comment

• also found there, ice racer rip, first find in the wild, at 7.99 he stayed where he was!

Comment

• Nice tractor finds Boogity and also congrats on finding the quid haha!

Comment

• ice racers and planes fsdu in asda , 5.97 inc rip and carla, 2.00 for planes

found unopened case n

clubcard vouchers have come out in tescos, toys are on double up so its possible to get the 20 quid 4 pack box set for a tenner

Comment

• A new repeats only case has been found at TRU (958S/2185EAA) and ASDA (963R/2175EAA)

It's effectively the last 2015 international case.

WGP LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 2
                      MAX SCHNELL - 1
                      CHICK HICKS - 1
                      MATER - 2
                      RAMONE (Yellow) - 1
                      SHERIFF - 1
                      SNOT ROD (with Flames) - 1
                      DINOCO LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 1
                      NIGEL GEARSLEY - 1
                      JEFF GORVETTE - 1
                      DOC HUDSON - 1
                      KABUTO - 1
                      THE KING - 1
                      SHU TODOROKI - 1
                      CHARLIE CHECKER - 1
                      SARGE - 1
                      HOLLEY SHIFTWELL - 1
                      DETERMINED LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 2
                      KATHY COPTER - 1
                      MY NAME IS NOT CHUCK (with Cart) - 1
                      CHRISTINA WHEELAND - 1

It raises two questions for me ...

1). What happened to case 963P?

2). Why are there two variations with the same contents 958S and 963R?

Comment

• Great finds on the new TRU 3 packs, niftynigel... even though I have Mini and Van from past singles releases and the Lost in the Desert version from the movie moments, I do plan on buying the TRU 3 pack when I see it.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• couple of good finds,

sainsburys- on way to toy ailse found a lone scott motorse, dont know why he was on the skylander fsdu, took a dander to the main display, found a holly, never seen her on a 2015 card back, downside the price was 5.99, however once scanned it came up 4.49

asda - found a bucky brakedust, never seem him in the wild

well chuffed

Comment

• the 4 pack at tesco priced at 20 quid is also in tru at 29.99!
                            just how do mattel sell this stuff to the buyers, someone must be laughing all the way to the bank, and its not tru and tesco
                            wonder what the cost price /mark up is on these and how many have flooded the uk shores???????

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                              the 4 pack at tesco priced at 20 quid is also in tru at 29.99!
                              just how do mattel sell this stuff to the buyers, someone must be laughing all the way to the bank, and its not tru and tesco
                              wonder what the cost price /mark up is on these and how many have flooded the uk shores???????

When the UK had manufacturers' Recommended Retail Prices (RRP) there was a standard 'mark-up' or 'profit margin' of 30%.

Since the RRP was scrapped and replaced with Suggested Retail Price (SRP) it has coincided with a 'mark-up' or 'profit margin' of 40%.

Having worked in retail, I have some sympathy with bricks and mortar sellers as they bare the full risks now as sale or return deals generally only apply to those retailers with muscle (e.g. large supermarkets). In addition to sale or return deals, there used to be discounts for paying bills early / in advance. No doubt the supermarkets still negotiate some deals (e.g. look at the numbers of discounts to shift some shelf warming cases).

Although health and safety, minimum wages etc., aren't bad things in themselves, they've just piled costs onto the retail sector disproportionately compared to other sectors.

On the other hand, if we look at Hamleys. They are expensive because their cost base is very high. They pay something like £40 million rent a year on their flagship store in Regent Street, London. Even the most junior full time sales assistants get paid nearly £30,000. Living in London or commuting to London is expensive. An Annual Zone 1-6 Travelcard season ticket for London is £2,344. Once you take income tax and national insurance into account the real cost is well over £3,000.

Comment

• To Protect and Serve 3 car pack in Asda - £13.97

Comment

Working...
                                X