This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
    Morrison's are back in the game! Walked into a branch last night and behold the plastic tub was overflowing with Cars. I could not believe my eyes when I noticed a sealed case of Cars sat next to the full tub. So after my initial excitement I realised the stock was 2014 Cars not 2015 but it was a very strange mix. The sealed case was "B" and was as Nigel described: Todd, Mama B, Sally with Tattoo, Doc, No Stall, Carla w/flames and others. This is a weird mix, a lot of these Cars were released at different times during 2014. So strange to find them in one case. Either way, it's a nice repack selection!

That's a very interesting date stamp on the case!

1724EAA is much earlier than any of the ASDA, TRU, Wilkinsons cases, which have all been 1904EAA and 2144EAA.

It raises the question, where have these cases been?

It's great to see Morrisons re-stocking cars. Maybe they got a good deal?

Comment

got the radiator springs 3 pack, at 8 quid very nice too

Comment

Asda also have the launchers at just under Ł5.50. It's a great way to get vitoline and octane gain. Unfortunately, there was no leakless from the first wave.

Comment

Disney Store have the Mattel Planes at half price, along with the smoke jumpers and Mayday. Ł3.50 each.

Comment

Tesco have fire and rescues down to Ł4 each and the rs500s for Ł5 each

Comment

Wilko have now got the Ice Racers (Ł8) and Hot Wheels Star Wars (Ł5)

I've found seven different Star Wars characters:

CGW36 - Darth Vader
              CGW37 - RS-D2
              CGW38 - Luke Skywalker
              CGW39 - Chewbacca
              CGW40 - Yoda
              CGW41 - 501st Clone Trooper
              CGW47 - Tusken Raider

I've seen them at ASDA, Toymaster, Sainsburys and now Wilko. I don't know what the exact case contents are as yet as I haven't seen a fresh case.

Comment

Sainsburys have the Lil dipper f&r deluxe case in at 13.99 each but they are also in the 2 for Ł20 deal with some overpriced transformers/lego/barbie etc. I've still not seen cad spinner anywhere...

Comment

Found two new cases of the 2015s in Smyths today. I picked up the geisha, bumper save, shifty drug, kit revster I think and kori turbowitz. As great as it was to find them, they were 5.49 each and I also thought we probably won't see the last 2014 case now...

Comment

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
                    Found two new cases of the 2015s in Smyths today. I picked up the geisha, bumper save, shifty drug, kit revster I think and kori turbowitz. As great as it was to find them, they were 5.49 each and I also thought we probably won't see the last 2014 case now...
                    Congratulations on your finds (and purchases)! If you could find out the case letter (and date stamp too) that'd be really helpful.

That's good news in a way, but bad news if that means the last 2014 case was either cancelled or some other mess up at Mattel (which left stores short of stock in December).

That's actually contrary to the information I was given, in that the 2015 cases weren't supposed to be here until the end of February! You can see why I don't post every bit of info I get!
                    Last edited by niftynigel; 01-22-2015, 09:19 PM.

Comment

There were no boxes in sight (or on the top shelf) so I think they had already thrown them away.

Comment

interesting...very interesting

(does anyone rem the source of this quote, apart from nigel who will get it straight away)

Comment

I remember - very interesting!

Great find on the 2015 singles, BirchTiger.

For what it's worth, I've not found the last 2014 singles case in a store either and am beginning to think I won't.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Great finds B.T! I was in Smyths Wednesday, the first visit since last November. I was sadly disappointed with the stock situation (still had 50+ Porta Corsa carded LMQ's at full price) and nothing else. Even the Planes display was looking sorry for itself. But after reading your post I will try again this weekend and hope for the same luck as you! Great scores and may I say the first UK 2015 finds - congrats mate
                            Last edited by VANDANCE; 01-23-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Cheers guys, hope you find the new ones too! I really hope the last case from 2014 does show up as I wanted Henry mottisse and the silver Audi.

Comment

My local Smyths had its third 2015 case in today. I made note of the following as previously requested:

W1938-959D - 3074EAA

If anyone wants anything from this box picking up and posting onwards let me know as I work near this store.

Comment

Working...
                                X