Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were 2 clip strips of international carded Cars in Sainsbury's yesterday. First bit of new stock since the October Toy Sale. I was by no means first there and half the Cars had already gone but I did see Race Team Luigi and Guido, 2 Sally with Tattoo's (hanging on the same strip, directly below each other) RIP, The King with Strip Weathers written on the back and Doc. Nothing super exciting there but a chance to catch up if you guys missed any. Will happily pick any up if you guys need them? Cheers
    Last edited by VANDANCE; 02-02-2015, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Found a deluxe case in TRU today.
      It was the Ivan, Wild Miles deluxe case.

There was no price but it is now appearing on the website at 11.99

Comment

found them myself today,only about 5 months after everyone else, tru are a shower
        Originally posted by StuartW View Post
        Found a deluxe case in TRU today.
        It was the Ivan, Wild Miles deluxe case.

There was no price but it is now appearing on the website at 11.99

Comment

only thing of note today was in sainsbury , planes deluxe , 2 for 20 quid

spotted to serve and protect on the disney site, 5 pack for 25 quid, checked our local walt emporium but they didnt have it

Comment

My local Smyths had another 2 2015 boxes in today which means that they have had 5 of these in now in quick succession! Hope they keep the sales up and get the rest of the 2015 cases as quick. I think it's helping that there are some good new cars in this first case, and also some good popular repeats like sheriff and chick hicks.

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
              found them myself today,only about 5 months after everyone else, tru are a shower
              To be fair, don't blame TRU. They must be glad to get anything from Mattel. That Deluxe case (996N?) is the equivalent of the singles case (995B), just repeats. You can blame Mattel for that!

The contents appears to be:

Wild Miles Axlerod - 1 ~ He was quite rare as there was only one of him in his only previous release (996L)
              Red - 1
              Mack Semi - 1
              Ivan - 3 ~ He was also rare. Only one in the 996K case.

They could easily have put three of each Wild Miles and Ivan in there or maybe a couple of Alfredo? Why Red and Mack? They are being repeated early in 2015! Oh Mattel, don't you ever learn?

The date stamp is 2204AZ

Comment

Got these from TRU today:

Comment

quite a few price reductions in asda
                  launchers 5.49
                  ice racers 5.00
                  ordinary 1.55 4.00
                  pull backs 5.49
                  plastic 500.5 2.49
                  not bad at all

spotted interview francesco, on int packing he looks no different,left him on the shelf

Comment

Good news I'd like to add it is here case C. As boogity as pointed out they are in asda at £4 and this is what you are looking for

Comment

In Smyths today, finally found an Off-Road Mater from the Radiator Springs 500 collection, was £7.99, but couldn't leave it there!

Comment

Additionally the Asda I went into today, the only cars they had were Tokyo Toons all priced at £5.97

Comment

Since the final 995C cases were first found a few days ago, I've visited a number of ASDAs on my travels, in London and the West Midlands.

It was quite clear that the only stores that have so far had the latest case are those that have had the end cap display.

Of the eight stores I've been to only two had the new case.

I got lucky at my first store and got all four cars, but they charged me £5.97. Given that I was prepared to pay more on eBay, that's not such a bad price. The prices dropped the next day!

I visited another store two days later. They had the end cap. The four new cars had gone when I looked. I had my receipt with me and explained that I'd been overcharged. They confirmed that the price was now £4. They phoned the first store who said that the price was £5.97 in their store. As I was out on the road and I had to go past the first store on my way home, I called in. The price ticket said £5.97 even on the end cap. I picked a car up and scanned it in the self-service till. It said £4. I took the car (for it's barcode) to the customer service desk. I explained that I bought four cars two days ago (from the same display; they didn't have any other cars) but was charged £5.97. I asked them to refund the difference. They refused. The lady asked if I was the person in the second store asking for a partial refund. I confirmed I was. I said that she had lied to the second store to stop me getting a partial refund. She said the price ticket said £5.97. I said they scanned £4. She said some were priced differently! How could you possibly tell they all have the same barcode!?

I asked to see the manager. There was a big queue behind me by now! The manager came down. He looked at my receipt for the four cars and said that price went down at midnight (conveniently a few hours after I bought them) and they weren't going to give me a refund!

I got my own back on ASDA! I used my receipt and took back four older 2014 cars (that were repeated in the 995C case) and got a refund for £23.88. I went over to the end cap display and picked up the same four cars from the 995C and paid £16 for them!

If anyone from ASDA is reading this. You could've saved me a little bit of hassle and showed a little goodwill, but you failed miserably. I know for a fact that the 'offer' for Cars down from £5.97 to £4 is a deal between ASDA and Mattel. All the contents from the last case was going to be £4 each car, it's just that some stores were too slow adjusting the price (or put them out before the price was adjusted).

Bearing this in mind, I don't see it that I got one over on ASDA (there was no travel cost to me as I have a London Travelcard) but that I redressed an injustice!

Comment

Originally posted by foxrfc View Post
                            Additionally the Asda I went into today, the only cars they had were Tokyo Toons all priced at £5.97
                            I noticed some more recent date stamps on Toons at some stores. It looked like the contents of case B (with Kaa Reesu and Patakaa). Both these cars had gone!

Comment

thats not on, you wouldnt get that pathetic service with us!

Comment

Originally posted by foxrfc View Post
                                In Smyths today, finally found an Off-Road Mater from the Radiator Springs 500 collection, was £7.99, but couldn't leave it there!
                                I finally found the first 2015 case today in Smyths. It looked like the store has the remnants of about four or five cases. I looked up and saw there was a 959D case on the top shelf. The ever helpful staff were only too pleased to get the case down and open it!

I bough the six cars that were either new or significantly different to previous releases.

I bought:

Shigeko
                                Kori Turbowitz
                                Kit Revster
                                Kevin Racingtire
                                Ponchy Wipeout
                                Pit Crew Member Sarge

Having completed all UK / International singles for 2013 and 2014 we've decided not to collect them all this time around, just new or ones we didn't get first time around (mostly Final Lap or multi-car pack single reissues).

Having purchased no cars for two months, I've bought ten in four days!

(I remember the joke about London buses ...)

Comment

Working...
                                X