Glad I found this forum, I need to get real value info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad I found this forum, I need to get real value info

I started collecting the originals sets from the time they were released, I have at least one complete Desert set and a few extras all in original cards. I am being forced to sell off from my divorce to renovate a room over the garage for my 11 yr old son. I could really use some references for pricing to get realistic value.
    I seen some exaggerated numbers on eBay like $250.00 for a Lizzie. I have a few of the originals. I was smart to buy multiples when I got a new one for my son.
    Any assistance would be helpful.

If you are interested in what I have please message and I can get a list and pictures for you.

Mike

Well, it all kinda depends upon the market for whatever you have. I have tried to place my pricing based upon the lower side of the average between places like ebay, amazon, and classifieds section of this forum. I have found that only the rare or odd packaged cars sell for the greater amounts. I think some items are priced beyond resonable selling ability. All you can do is put your prices out there and see who bites. good luck with the personal stuff and your sales.
    May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Rough estimate for a set of 16 desert back Cars on Ebay, about $100. And the four movie moments around $50. The crazy prices like $250 for a Lizzie are due to packaging variants. ie: Ford logo on the bottom Vs. no Ford logo, Fillmore spelled with one "l" or two... And so on. So without figuring any fringe variables like that, in good shape $125-$175 for the full desert back set would be my fair market estimate.

Comment

Welcome to PCD, Mike... glad that you found us.

In my experience, there's not as much demand for certain cardbacks as there used to be... While I went back and got a set of Desert Back 12 and Desert Back 16 singles and the 4 Desert Back Movie Moments, more people are openers, in my opinion... and if it comes down to paying $20 for a Desert Back Lizzie and $5 for a Lizzie from 2014, they'll go with the less expensive Car... While I also completed the Final Lap series as far as carded Cars go, I've changed my mind on completing Supercharged, World of Cars, and Race o Rama series... I have too many extra carded Cars that I don't need.

While I'm sorry that you have to sell some of your collection to help pay for a room for your son, it's admirable that you realize that providing for your son has priority over Cars... and you are right - someone can put a $3999 selling price on a 2006 Factory set, but it's not going to sell at that price.

As far as coming up with prices, checking completed sales on eBay is a good starting point... and pricing under the completed sales prices will help your chances of selling more quickly... you can list items for sale in the For Sale thread... you can also list your own eBay items for sale in that thread.

from eastern Indiana... Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
        X