Where have all the new Cars gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have all the new Cars gone?

Where have all the new Cars gone? It's almost February 9... the winter lull goes on and on and on and on... I've seen a handful of 2015 singles at Walgreens stores and no where else... I've seen 2015 Movie Moments at 3 Walmart stores... I've seen nothing newer than 2014 case K singles at Target stores... not seen anything remotely new at any Toys R US stores in Columbus, Dayton, and Cincinnati Ohio... While Meijer had 2015 singles shown in an ad about a month ago I've seen nothing newer than the Mama Bernoulli case remnants at any Meijer store... with empty pegs for Deluxe and Movie Moments.

I heard last week about Amazon having some 2015 singles for sale online and placed an order for a few at Toys R US prices - $5.99 each.

I heard second hand that Walmart wasn't going to be carrying Cars or Planes anymore... I can't confirm that... the UK version of Walmart, ASDA, has gotten in 2015 singles... but one of 2 Walmart stores I stopped at this evening had no pegs for any Cars or Planes merchandise.

Have you found any new Cars in stores recently?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I found the new 2015 Walmart Toon (heavy metal LMQ, rocky/Eddie, dr able schlep wagon, Kabuto ninja, rescue squad trooper) line and a new Tokyo mater 3-pack (Cho/Kabuto/Kabuto Ninja) today!

Comment

I didnt pick up the Rescue Squad Trooper or the Dragon LMQ. Only truly new car shown on the back of the card was bucky brakedust

Comment

The whole situation is very disappointing. I, too bought some on amazon for $6. No new cases anywhere around here. No signs of getting new things either, besides one Walmart having the new Movie Moments. All those are gone now.

Comment

Maybe they are all still sitting in a container on a dock in California?

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
            Maybe they are all still sitting in a container on a dock in California?
            Here's an article dated January 5, 2015:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/32015-west...ues-into-2015/

Dock workers at 2 large California docks (Los Angeles and Long Beach) have been on strike and may still be on strike... ships are sitting off the coast unable to dock and unload.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

99% of the cases that i get come through Texas which I assume is not affected

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                Where have all the new Cars gone? It's almost February 9... the winter lull goes on and on and on and on... I've seen a handful of 2015 singles at Walgreens stores and no where else... I've seen 2015 Movie Moments at 3 Walmart stores... I've seen nothing newer than 2014 case K singles at Target stores... not seen anything remotely new at any Toys R US stores in Columbus, Dayton, and Cincinnati Ohio... While Meijer had 2015 singles shown in an ad about a month ago I've seen nothing newer than the Mama Bernoulli case remnants at any Meijer store... with empty pegs for Deluxe and Movie Moments.

I heard last week about Amazon having some 2015 singles for sale online and placed an order for a few at Toys R US prices - $5.99 each.

I heard second hand that Walmart wasn't going to be carrying Cars or Planes anymore... I can't confirm that... the UK version of Walmart, ASDA, has gotten in 2015 singles... but one of 2 Walmart stores I stopped at this evening had no pegs for any Cars or Planes merchandise.

Have you found any new Cars in stores recently?

Chris, a few 2015 singles cases have been found at Smyths Toy Superstores. They have about 50 branches in the England/Scotland/Wales plus six in Northern Ireland and a handful in the Rep. Ireland. I believe they are an Irish company? They haven't been found anywhere else as yet although Argos (catalogue store) are due to get some this week.

Some ASDA/Walmart stores have just got the last 2014 case (995C) (similar to US 998L). I've visited eight stores and only two have had them.

TRU have little or no stock, so it wouldn't be a surprise if they got 2014 or 2015 stocks?

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                  Here's an article dated January 5, 2015:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/32015-west...ues-into-2015/

Dock workers at 2 large California docks (Los Angeles and Long Beach) have been on strike and may still be on strike... ships are sitting off the coast unable to dock and unload.

So, what's Mattel's excuse for the lack of product in the UK in December and January?

Comment

Jackassary..? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by fongkx View Post
                      I found a new Tokyo mater 3-pack (Cho/Kabuto/Kabuto Ninja) today!
                      Kevin, Raginpage found one as well and reported this Kabuto has Flames.
                      Can you confirm ?
                      Cars Addict

Comment

Definitely has flames...I have seen pics

Comment

There have been reports of Determined Lightning McQueen being found at Target in California as well as at stores in Nevada... I was able to buy a few of those new singles last weekend at Amazon.com and picked up the package at the post office on my lunch hour.

Here are pictures of the Cars I bought (Okuni was sold out):
                          Cruz Besouro (Carla's Crew Chief):

Mario Andretti (has red wheels):

Here's the back of the Mario Andretti card - note Dexter Hoover has a Yellow Flag:

Determined Lightning McQueen: new facial expression:

Jumpstart J Ward: repaint of David Hobbscapp and Victor Paveone:

So we still wonder... who are the new Cars and where are the new Cars?

Comment

nice additions chris

I like how Mario has red rims but the stock photo on the back of the card shows the original brown ones

Comment

Chris, has Cruz been made unibody or no?

Comment

Working...
                              X